• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FINISHED: "I Don't Have Love, But I Do Have Smash" Wii U Online Tournament

L337m0j0

Smash Cadet
'Sign up will be on challonge 1 hour before the stream starts'

I will try my best to be there!

However, I do suggest that you post the challonge bracket before hand so we can join ahead of time.

You can get a bigger tourney that way. You might get some no shows, but most people will show especially if there is a prize :)

Last edited:

GS*ZeroxGT

Smash Rookie
NNID
GS*ZeroxGT
3DS FC
1934-0922-6833
One way or the other I gotta get my feet wet and play hard with the tough guys/gals here so definately count e in!!

Now I wait and see if some of my friends will join

Pikachu24Fan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pikachu24Fan
3DS FC
4725-8122-1698
Yay, I want more practice in smash and this seems perfect for me so I will definitely join....also I don't need love for valentines day....just my amazing ketchup :p

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
'Sign up will be on challonge 1 hour before the stream starts'

I will try my best to be there!

However, I do suggest that you post the challonge bracket before hand so we can join ahead of time.

You can get a bigger tourney that way. You might get some no shows, but most people will show especially if there is a prize :)
We just don't want a bunch of byes, and it's too easy for just anyone to sign up. We want to make sure people are serious about joining :)

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Long distance relationship = drowning my loneliness in Smash Bros. I love this idea. :love:

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
I think I will sign up just to see how far I can make it. Hopefully I wont have to do anything tonight.

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
and guys, the way we are doing it is we will have you in the bracket using your twitch name, and you will report your match results when they are over :)
Are we using twitch chat for all communication? My challonge and twitch name is the same, but it is not my NNID. I know we don't have to worry about strikes, but I was just wondering if we're sticking to twitch chat or if there's going to be an IRC or anything else.

Perpetual Christopher

Smash Rookie
Please excuse the ignorance, as this is my first tournament thats strictly online, will there be a losers bracket as well?

ZeldaSymphony

Smash Rookie
I want to give this a try. Been itching to participate in Smash tournaments for a while. I'm not that good, but I like testing my skills. Do I need to have a challonge account to sign in the tournament? I do have a twitch one, but not challonge

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I want to give this a try. Been itching to participate in Smash tournaments for a while. I'm not that good, but I like testing my skills. Do I need to have a challonge account to sign in the tournament? I do have a twitch one, but not challonge
you should make a challonge account for it, but its not needed as long as you can get my attention on stream, I can manually enter you.

Perpetual Christopher

Smash Rookie
I do not know if its needed or would be helpful, but I also own a Capture Card if it would help, or needed spectating other matches or what-not. Im not sure how many brackets there are for this. Just putting it out there!

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
This sounds really fun! I'd like to participate. But just saying, this will be my first tournament ever, so please excuse my lack of knowledge of tournament proceedings.

Edit: Also, what accounts do I need to have to participate? I have a NNID already. But do I need one for Twitch too?

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I do not know if its needed or would be helpful, but I also own a Capture Card if it would help, or needed spectating other matches or what-not. Im not sure how many brackets there are for this. Just putting it out there!
if you want to stream your matches, that's totally fine, but @ Shamurai Formerly Shamurai Formerly already has one :)

This sounds really fun! I'd like to participate. But just saying, this will be my first tournament ever, so please excuse my lack of knowledge of tournament proceedings.

Edit: Also, what accounts do I need to have to participate? I have a NNID already. But do I need one for Twitch too?
Yes, you will need a twitch account to talk to your opponents. :)

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819
Oh yeah, sure. If you can work that out with any other contestants feel free to do it.

And if anyone would like to save matches and the like for highlights, please do that as well, seeing as streaming every match would be ungodly long.

XerothFZ

Smash Rookie
oh, am I too late to join? Im interested!

oh, but I seem to have a tendency to cause lag sometimes, if thats a problem I'll not enter. how much lag I cause, you might ask? I have no idea! just people brought it to my attention they lag with me owo

Perpetual Christopher

Smash Rookie

oh, but I seem to have a tendency to cause lag sometimes, if thats a problem I'll not enter. how much lag I cause, you might ask? I have no idea! just people brought it to my attention they lag with me owo
Are you winning when people tell you that you lag?

XerothFZ

Smash Rookie
in general. I both win and lose, though it seems brought up more if something hits them when they attempted to dodge~

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101

It depends, do you feel bad about your lag? And, if it's consistent, we may need to remove you if it's bad. I'm not quite sure yet, but no harm in showing up!

TOURNAMENT STARTS IN 2 HOURS REGISTRATION IS IN AN HOUR

Pikachu24Fan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pikachu24Fan
3DS FC
4725-8122-1698
It depends, do you feel bad about your lag? And, if it's consistent, we may need to remove you if it's bad. I'm not quite sure yet, but no harm in showing up!

TOURNAMENT STARTS IN 2 HOURS REGISTRATION IS IN AN HOUR
So hype indeed, hoping to have some awesome fun battles :D

XerothFZ

Smash Rookie
well, I dont feel like I have an unfair advantage, if that helps answer the question owo and, what are the apex stages? will be my first tournament so not 100% sure on the workings of this

Top Bottom