• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FINISHED: "I Don't Have Love, But I Do Have Smash" Wii U Online Tournament

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
FINISHED! http://challonge.com/idonthavelovebutidohavesmash2015

Are you a loner? Do you have nothing going on the night of Valentine's Day? Of course you don't! Do you have Smash Wii U? Well you just got yourself a date, on the "I Don't Have Love, But I Do Have Smash" Tournament.

When is the tournament?
Saturday, February 14th, 2015 @8 PM EST

Where is the Sign-Up?
Sign up will be on challonge 1 hour before the stream starts (hosted by ShamuraiFormerly at http://twitch.tv/ShamuraiFormerly ), @7 PM EST, show up to the stream to get the link. Only 1 entrant per NNID, but you can share the wii u, but if it takes too long you will both be DQd.
What is the tournament format?
The only legal stages are the apex stages (including kongo jungle 64). We have some new smashers that are entering the tournament, so we are using some odd rules. Stage striking is non-existing, you and your opponent will pick the stage you want, and the roll of the dice will decide which of you two get the stage pick. Best 2/3 single elimination. Rules may be subject to change.
What do the winners get?
1st Place is a digital copy of Majora's Mask 3D
Runner-up gets a $10 Wii U e-shop gift card

Please post below if you have any questions or interest of joining! Of course @ Shamurai Formerly Shamurai Formerly will be contending to make sure he doesn't have to give **** away, so enter to make him pay up! See you for the tournament, and take care out there.

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Definitely joining this, using Apex ruleset?

Edit: It's not that I don't have a mate, which I do for the record. But I'm open on that particular night since we plan on doing stuff on the weekend before for other reasons :3

I want that MM copy, yo!

Last edited:

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819
Apex rules: Loosely, but yes. Two stocks at no time limit on omega stages/starters/counterpicks.

Last edited:

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
I think i'll join!

Last edited:

shadowmadstarup

Smash Cadet
Me and my brother might both join but we share the Wii U. Would it be a problem if we delayed some matches (in the event that we both have a match at the same time) so that we could both play our matches?

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Sooo we cant sign up till an hour before the tourny? Is that right?
correct :) this is to avoid lots of byes in matches, so there isnt a half empty roster

Me and my brother might both join but we share the Wii U. Would it be a problem if we delayed some matches (in the event that we both have a match at the same time) so that we could both play our matches?
Idk yet, we may need some form of proof, to avoid people entering multiple times in one tournament. I will get back to you soon. :D

Comboman77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Comboman77
3DS FC
3995-6665-4886
I'm up for commentary if you guys need it. I'm still extremely new to it, so it's up to you. I'd also prefer to not do it alone :p

shadowmadstarup

Smash Cadet
correct :) this is to avoid lots of byes in matches, so there isnt a half empty roster

Idk yet, we may need some form of proof, to avoid people entering multiple times in one tournament. I will get back to you soon. :D
We each have our own Nintendo ID that we would use

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Huh......this might be the first tournament where I actually enter because of prize.

That being said, I'm 90% sure I'll join this.

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
If I can make it, I will, but since I may be moving next month I'm unsure on the quality of the internet I will have. Will edit this when I get a confirmation on internet strength.

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
The theme of this tourney is hilarious, Im totally up for this. 90 percent sure I can do this.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
2 Questions

Will the matches be uploaded on YouTube?

Will the tournament results be posted on smashboards?

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
2 Questions

Will the matches be uploaded on YouTube?

Will the tournament results be posted on smashboards?
1. Either the matches, or a highlight reel will be posted. But only quarterfinals and up will be streamed, so you gotta make top 8. I don't know yet, and the streamer won't be avaliable until a day before the tournament due to work constrictions. I will ask the 13th and get back to you. :)

2. Yes, I will update OP accordingly

Also, rules updated :)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
1. Either the matches, or a highlight reel will be posted. But only quarterfinals and up will be streamed, so you gotta make top 8. I don't know yet, and the streamer won't be avaliable until a day before the tournament due to work constrictions. I will ask the 13th and get back to you. :)

2. Yes, I will update OP accordingly

Also, rules updated :)
No I meant like for rankings. The wii u online tournament results are supposed to be posted here.

Top Bottom