• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally my vids are live!!!!

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
vs Pika
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_cyLUZPngs

vs Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IVuzylD-EU

ok here are the details
first off, the vids are for critique not for showoff-ness. Both of my friends dont know how to play pro style(my name for the advanced way of smash) they played regular smash with normal air dodges and no wavedashing, L-cancels, nuthing so now that that's down with... plz focus on the technique of the Fox in both vids. btw the second one ends as soon as the result screen shows. something went wrong with youtube and it extended it.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
i only watched the vid vs pika, but try shield approaching, it will **** him.
If you shield one of the smash he spams shieldgrab him, then uthrow uair and combo on
If the smash pushes you away too much, wd out of the shield and grab him.

And you don't always have to approach him. Let him come and then grab him for his laggy moves.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Alright, so there a bunch of things I saw that I felt I should comment on:

-Stop running straight at your opponent. Use your dashdance and wavedash to trick your opponent into doing something laggy before you jump at them and nair/dair. If you watch the match vs. Pika again, you'll see that all you do is run straight at him and do a move. Its silly, because he can see it coming from a mile away. Even bad players can react to that and counter-attack. So what I'm trying to say is, vary your approaches and use DD/WD to try to trick your opponent and get a grab or attack in.

-Use less ftilt, and BLOCK. I don't think I saw you block a single time during the whole first match. You have to learn to stop being so offensive and just running at him and hitting forward+a. Use your shield and grab like Falcinho said.

-Practice waveshine more. waveshine to usmash or grab are staple moves vs. any character that you can waveshine.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Match vs Link:
WAY TO MUCH DOUBLE JUMP. Sorry for being so harsh here, but it's a really dangerous habit.
You do not want to waste your double jump, be very careful about it.
for example f you play a good marth they could space in a fsmash as you're falling, and you'd go flying offstage without a double jump, which will lead to early deaths

raynex and falchino covered the rest, pretty much

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Waveshines are your bread and butter. And I agree with RaynEX. You need more mindgames.

There were too many occasions when you simply ran right into one of Pika's down-smashes or down-b's. If your opponent insists on staying in one place, you can always run away, laser spam, and force him to come to you. Or you can dash in with a grab/up smash/nair, etc. in his lag.

Work on shffl to shine/jab/grab. Shine-jump to shine-jump to aerial doesn't work on good players as it worked on that link. Link can be waveshined across FD, so take advantage of that.

I believe a little improvement in your tech skill would make you fairly solid Fox player.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
He needs to stop running straight into Pika's thunder. Honestly just roll/block/run away and laser. You shouldn't be getting hit by silly moves like that.

When you get the opportunity, grab->uair, and nair -> usmash/grab/shine/utilt.

Just try to be more creative and fluid. Oh, and don't forget to go into training mode and practice the thunders combo. Waveshine->jab on characters that fall down from the shine.

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
thanks guys... Rayn you wat it is? it's all the practicing with the cpu's i do. im so use to me going to them not them coming to me. but yeah thanks for all the critism. i'll have some more vids soon. hopefully we can play at school on friday....btw i know how to waveshine but for some reason i couldnt get it down right with the link.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
play with better people and you'll see that his advice is quite useful actually

Top Bottom