• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

finally got my gamecube back!

ChaosEdge

Smash Cadet
so i stopped playing smash due to lack of cube and lack of competition. but the competition is back and the gamecube has been returned!

My fox's speed has been drastically reduced and my techskill is iradic/inconsistent.

i dusted a bit of my cobwebs and removed quite a bit of rust but something still bothers me. I can't waveshine with my fox backwards anymore.

I don't remember having this problem before I stopped playing but for the life of me, if i d-air through my opponent (or any other circumstance that causes my back to be facing my opponent) I can never follow the shine with a backwards wavedash for another shine or wavedash > turn around for a forward tilt or up-tilt.

Anyone else had this experience? Any advice?
Oh and I can follow n-air,d-air to shines > wavedash > grab (or what have you) pretty easily again, just as long as the opponent isn't on my fox's backside.

Any advice or methods of practice would be helpful.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Reset the D-stick after shining, then WD.

If you skip the reset, you'll input a turnaround; not so much the desired effect.

Top Bottom