• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final third party character chances (top 20)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
In order from most likley to least.

1. Megaman
He's been long rumored to be the final third party slot. He's one of the most popular characters in video game history, and has had countless games on Nintendo systems.

2. Geno
Even though he's third party, he's basically a Nintendo character. If put in the game, he'd probably even have the Mushroom symbol. He's very demanded, and seems to be on the bubble.

3. Bomberman
A character brought up constantly, many times suggested as an alternative to Megaman. He'd be very original, but doesnt have much a moveset and recently some of his games have been poor. That didn't stop Sonic though.

4. Rayman
Ubisoft seems to be leaning twords Nintendo now more than ever, and although with his first game being a side-scrolling, popular, PS1 launch title it looked like he was Sony's alternative to Mario, he quickly became primarily Nintendo. He is one of the most fun, popular characters in the industry, and has as much chance as anybody.

5. Pacman
One of the original video game icons. Namco and Nintendo tend to be on good terms, although some think he just wouldn't fit right in Brawl.

6. Sora
Another highly requested fan favorit. His games have been incredible, but he has only two Nintendo games on his resume, and Geno would likley be ahead of him should Square get a representative.

7. Cloud
More popular overall than both Geno and Sora, but would be the worst fit of the three of them in Brawl. Popular, but has two characters of the Square-Enix organization ahead of him.

8. Viewtiful Joe
Normally, he'd seem like a shoe-in. A side scrolling, mega popular superhero, who was built as a fighting character and his first game came out of nowhere to win GOTY on the Nintendo Gamecube. The problem? He just isnt of much importance to Capcom anymore after his creator's division went under. Plus, he has Megaman ahead of him.

9. Banjo-Kazooie
This team once seemed as Nintendo as Mario or Donkey Kong, but when the Rare company was purchased by Microsoft, the future of Banjo-Kazooie was on the 360. Nintendo would likley have to shell out more cash for them than most, and although they really seem like part of the Nintendo family, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

10. Crash Bandicoot
Sony's mascot has dwindled as of late. He doesnt even have an upcoming game for the PS3. He does have one for the Wii, with an all new moveset, but he isn't high profile enough for Brawl anymore.

11. Spyro
His games just arent what they used to be. Five years ago he would have had as much chance as Sonic, but just not anymore.

12. Rabbid
One of the more requested thrid party characters, there is no way he'd get in over Rayman. If Rayman was added, it is very possible that he could appear as an assist trophy, or in the background of a stage. Other than that, it's not gonna happen.

13. Simon Belmont
He is only this high because of sheer popularity. He really doesnt have alot of chance. It wouldnt be a TOTAL shocker, but I just dont see it happening.

14. Mallow
Another third party chracter that is basically Nintendo. That would seem like it would put him in the top five on this list. Why not? He is owned by Square, which would make him have to somehow leapfrog Geno, Sora, and Cloud to become their rep.

15. Laura Croft
While a somewhat suggested character, she just wouldnt have a moveset. In the Tomb Raider games, all she has are guns. And their are no non-laser guns in Brawl. She'd be a generic punch and kick character.

16. Joanna Dark
With Banjo-Kazooie ahead of her in a Rare rep situation, plus the same reasoning as Laura, he chances just arent that high.

17. Tetris Block
Seems like it should be higher on the list? Well, yeah. Alot of the characters it is ranked under have basically no chance. But it cant get in. Why? It's not a character, and I doubt that they'd add it as a third party item.

18. Conker
Another once Nintendo character now chilling out on the 360. Should rare get a rep, Banjo-Kazooie is getting the call.

19. Master Chief
The only reason he even made this list is because Bungie is now third party. Master Chief just starred in one of the greatest games of all time. And while a highly demanded character, there is no way Microsoft would allow this to happen without recieving a pretty penny, unless they wanted to hype Halo Wars or something. Also, he would be a generic punch/kick character because guns arent allowed in Brawl. But hey, it would be cool. Warthog final smash FTW!

20. The Arbiter
I have only seen this suggestion a couple times, but it isnt going to happen. A Microsoft rep is master chief. Another generic punch/kick character because no guns in Brawl. Yeah, he could go invisible, but that is already an item. He just isn't gonna make it.

vesperview

Smash Hero
All from 6 to 12 have 0% chance, you forgot number 13 and 15 to 20 also have 0% chance.

and this is just your opinion top 20, which apparently you hate most of the characters, pointless thread.

Most of them haven't been on a Nintendo game or have had less to minor appearances.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
vesperview, Sora doesn't have a 0% chance. Not a good chance, but not a 0% chance.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where is simon on that list? People at least talk about him even if his chances aren't that high

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
It's like a war here people speculating mm or geno getting the 3rd party slot. Personally I hope its megaman that would freaking pwn. Also, I heard somewhere that the guy who did the bomberman music was listed as one of the composers 4 brawl or something.
mm + bman = win

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's like a war here people speculating mm or geno getting the 3rd party slot. Personally I hope its megaman that would freaking pwn. Also, I heard somewhere that the guy who did the bomberman music was listed as one of the composers 4 brawl or something.
mm + bman = win
The majority of the Megaman and Geno supporters don't feel that way...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
10% is fine by you? Kingdom Hearts should have never left PS2, it sucks on GBA and is by far not the character that should represent Square-Enix if they get in Brawl.
10% is fine.

I just think he would fit perfectly in the game, that's all. I don't expect him in the game at all, of course... and yeah, he probably shouldn't be, but I can hope, can't I?

I'm hoping that the upcoming DS game is good, although it's featuring Roxas and Organization XIII apparently.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, why the heck wouldn;t Master Chief be allowed in because he couldn't use GUNS?

May I remind you of solid snake. He uses guns, but doesn't.

He uses EXPLOSIVES and SPECIAL ORDINANCE.

I am not saying he has a chance in HELL of getting in, but I'm just saying, he could use Covenant weapons like the Fuel Rod Cannon, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, and ESPECIALLY the Plasma Pistol.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well, why the heck wouldn;t Master Chief be allowed in because he couldn't use GUNS?

May I remind you of solid snake. He uses guns, but doesn't.

He uses EXPLOSIVES and SPECIAL ORDINANCE.

I am not saying he has a chance in HELL of getting in, but I'm just saying, he could use Covenant weapons like the Fuel Rod Cannon, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, and ESPECIALLY the Plasma Pistol.
He has a chance in hell of making it, Microsoft won't lend Halo to the competition.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Covenant weapons would be acceptable in Smash

Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore BTW

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
Do we know for a FACT that Geno is 3rd party? At the time of the polls, Sakurai didn't seem to think so. I would say there is a possibilty that Geno isn't a 3rd party character, or even only partially owned by Nintendo.

It's like saying Sora (KH) doesn't have any ties in Disney.

I think it's very likely that Geno will be included, along with another 3rd party character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do we know for a FACT that Geno is 3rd party? At the time of the polls, Sakurai didn't seem to think so. I would say there is a possibilty that Geno isn't a 3rd party character, or even only partially owned by Nintendo.

It's like saying Sora (KH) doesn't have any ties in Disney.

I think it's very likely that Geno will be included, along with another 3rd party character.
Geno has a shot of sneaking in as a Mario character with a shout out to Square with Megaman or Bomberman being the other third party character

EricShiznit

Smash Cadet
O_O

This has opened my eyes to the possibility of a SLIM chance of MC making it.

Aww, who am I kidding?!?

I'll just make a moveset...
Me too. Bungee broke up with Microsoft a WEEK before Brawl was postponed.
While it's probably not likely, it's awful suspicious.

It makes perfect sense that that time extension could be used to include a Halo character and stage.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There were plans for a Halo DS at one point as well. O_O

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
What about Captain Olimar? I know nothing about Pikmin, but I've heard a lot of buzz around him. Where would he fit on your list?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... yeah.. Just because Bungiee is now third party, doesn't mean that Master Chief has a chance.

Did Sakurai not say that a requirement was the character had to have been on a Nintendo console at one point?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I personally believe that well be seeing MegaMan due to his popularity. Some of those choices were ridiculous (Sora/ Mastercheif). Common people. Common sense.

Top Bottom