• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final smashes ssb4?

nessokman

Smash Lord
As we all know, the inclusion of final smashes got mixed responses among fans.

-Some think that it was good because it can help turn the battle around for those who fall behind.

-others believe it isn't right that they get ahead only to lose their lead because a less skilled player got lucky and got the smash ball.

What do you think?Should final smashes be brought back in ssb4?

please no flame wars, only a debate.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Yes. Lock this thread! This is a pointless thread, it is quite obviously yes, even though it wasn't taken great by some people, it would have to be hated almost unanimously to get taken out and it isn't, and won't.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
I hope they return in SSB4. If you don't like people wining because of smash balls then just play without items, Smash Bros is meant to be a fun party game, not some super indepth fighter that is purely skilled based. And then you have to think of the general public (AKA the majority of people who will buy this game) even though we like to play it without items, certain stages etc, the General public DOESN'T.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Final Smashes are pretty cool and a nice complement to the game. Personally, I would like to see "super moves" instead of final smashes, with a great nerf on most of the final smashes.

Super moves could be similar to super combos in Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom. If you have a super move ready, you could use it inside a combo to deal severe damage/finish off the opponent.

Not sure if I want it to be in the form of bars or a smash ball...

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Hurr ima Durr stop disliking what I like

It's like I'm really back on 4chan!

No but Seriously. i think It's a discussion that needs to be had. The problem with final smashes is that some we're monstrously overpowered while others we're a complete joke.

I'm not saying Nerf the Final Smashes. If theres tight, fluid combat than The unskilled players will usually not get the Smash ball first anyway. The reason the Unskilled player's often get the smash balls is because the game in it's current form doesn't really give you a way to stop them if they're a cheap character. Take pit for example. If I play as Link It'll be very hard for me to catch up to pit in time to stop him, because he can fly and keep me at a distance with his bow.

Fix the combat, THEN fix the final smashes. Make them a little more even. No more Nuclear Rocketshhips,no more big gay dance. Just fix the bad final smashes like dedede, Pit, and the IC. if the combat is tight. The rest will handle itself

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
a lot more needs to be concentrated on first before FS's imo

i'm more or less "meh" on the FS's inclusion cuz they'll be turned off anyhow unless the whole way they function is changed.

Top Bottom