• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
So as we all know, Toon Link's Final Smash is the same boring thing as Link's, and while it was pretty cool during the 2006 trailer...meh. Not so much, and it seems Kirby has basically taken both Link and Tink's Final Smash. So ITT, Final Smash Ideas!

Personally, I would love to see some type of move involving the hurricane spin, a mode of transportation (train, boat, etc.), or something involving hurricanes. Any other ideas?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ballad of Gales would be pretty neat. Would work kinda like the tornadoes in the Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I was thinking using the Wind Waker in some form. A popup on-screen happens in order for you to move the joystick in the way shown, just like in the main game. Although I can see some people being turned off by that, I would prefer it. Pressing "B" just isn't as satisfying. Of course, the most obvious thing is that it would be much better than DK's final smash in Brawl. Then everyone gets blown off the screen maybe changing directions back & forth rapidly like a whirlwind making the other players fight against its direction to stay on the stage.

Anything with the Wind Waker makes sense. Use it in some fashion.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So as we all know, Toon Link's Final Smash is the same boring thing as Link's, and while it was pretty cool during the 2006 trailer...meh. Not so much, and it seems Kirby has basically taken both Link and Tink's Final Smash. So ITT, Final Smash Ideas!

Personally, I would love to see some type of move involving the hurricane spin, a mode of transportation (train, boat, etc.), or something involving hurricanes. Any other ideas?
I like the hurricane spin idea. He would constantly be doing a spin attack for several seconds, doing massive damage to anyone he hits, but then he would be dizzy and vulnerable afterwards.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
To state my idea, I say Toon Link summons the king of red lions, a large wave will come and blow everyone off stage. The waves will move because Toon Link would summon the wind towards a random side of the stage.

I like the hurricane spin idea. He would constantly be doing a spin attack for several seconds, doing massive damage to anyone he hits, but then he would be dizzy and vulnerable afterwards.
Just a slight suggestion. When a final smash is done, it has to be done without any negative effects towards the user. You wouldn't wanted large recoil when Mario for example, would use his final smash because of the fire... that would take away the fun of it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I kinda prefer his Hurricane Spin to be his up special when he's on the ground. Not really as his Final Smash though... :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't mind the one in Brawl, but I did like Crusade's take on it - Instead of Toon Link alone, he summons the other Toon Links from 4 swords and they attack the trapped opponent together.

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
The fact that it's the same really disappointed me, I was hoping we'd have a Ganondorf-esque final smash with the Pirate ship blasting past.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940

Toon Link's and Link's smash attack are awesome!

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Toon link final smash should have been the four swords

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Any more discussion on this should be taken to the Gameplay thread.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom