• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash "Tiers". Which is the best?

tehmpest

Smash Rookie
I suppose everybody's still torn between whether or not Smash Balls should be used in tourneys. But which do you think is the best?

I know Marth has the ohko, but it's not too hard to dodge.

The most "broken" imo, is the landmasters. I put Falco and Wolf above Fox because they can fly high and fast enough that you can send somebody who's standing on the landmaster off the stage. I might put Wolf a bit under Falco because of lasting time, but Wolf is also a lot better on the ground.

What does everyone else think?

EDIT: Fix'd a few typos, and, should this have gone in tactical? >.>

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
well like any final smash it depends on the stage like landmasters on the mario bros. stage = failure. It reminds me of the time i used giga bowser on hyrule XD.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I don't think Smash Balls will be allowed in tourneys; there seems to have been little to no attempt made to balance them. Anyway, I think IC's Final Smash is the most powerful, that thing is insane. There's a lot of FS's that come pretty close though. Worst is Peach's....so bad.

Talendime

Smash Ace
For me atleast, the funnest I have with Final Smashes are Ganondorf's, Diddy's (I'm real good with his), and Donkey's.
I love how with Donkey's-if you have the right rythm, of course- he claps. That's fun.
And if you use it in the middle of Skyworld, it's just mindblowing. It's insanely amazing. Unbelievably awesome.

But my FAVOURITE Final Smash is Luigi's. I like his because you don't have to worry about missing with it, and it makes me laugh every time I experience that acid trip of an attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ganondorf probably has one of the best Final Smashes. It's nearly impossible to avoid it when Ganondorf is at the side and it's usually an instant KO.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
I think the Ice Climber's is the most effective one

Everyone gets damaged a ton and potentially frozen which is always really painful.

Captain Olimar's is pretty potent too.

Most One Hit KO Final Smashes can be avoided if you're careful, but it's a lot tricker during 1vs1.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When Ganondorf uses his Final Smash, he doesn't SD himself at all. Basically, he returns at the same spot as where he activated the Final Smash.

NeroeXIII

Smash Apprentice
Oh...wait a minute...

He KILLS Toon Link then goes back to normal.

Terribly sorry. My mistake.

Quite a short Final Smash, though...
Dude, what is up withyour signature? o.o

Ontopic: I think snake has a pretty good final smash, If you have good aim you can use it well in 1v1, if you dont, your screwed :/

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Pikachu's is the best by far.

It goes through terrain, and if you can pause over somebody, you can pin them against a wall. I've managed to deal over 600% with it using this method.

Also, you can go straight from full speed to almost stopped instantly, and vice-versa, so it's incredibly hard to predict. Super Sonic is very easy to dodge, unlike Pikachu's.

The Landmasters aren't as hard to dodge as you might think, once you get used to them.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I think the deadliest is Snake's, because if you can aim, then that's game!

*Cricket Chirping*

Anyways, Tino's White Horse, seriously, your sig is borderline disturbing.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Anyways, Tino's White Horse, seriously, your sig is borderline disturbing.
Meh. Not really. When you read all the crap I do, nothing is really disturbing.

Except the clock spider.

On-topic: My vote for best goes to Pikachu's and the Landmasters.

Worst is probably DeDeDe's.

Ralk

Smash Rookie
Olimar's final smash can definitely be avoided. Once I was playing as pit and had metaknight on my team. Olimar activated his final smash and we both flew up and stayed in the air for the duration. Not a scratch on us.

MIRN

Smash Cadet
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Zelda/Sheik. Not only can Zelda ensure she gets the ball before just about anyone with Din's Fire, it's utterly devastating in a 4-man melee when she uses it...not unusual to see three kills.

I really like Link/TL's. but big Link has problems getting the ball before many other characters, who are faster (his projectiles just don't cut it, unless it's set up just right to use a couple arrows). TL is quick and damaging in the air, so I have a much easier time getting him the smash ball...and in a 4-man melee I often have other players walk into it somehow...more kills for me!

Anyway, I really think Zelda's is awesome, even though I secretly hate it!

Trozz

Smash Ace
Here is my opinion. Drop a comment if you disagree.

Top Tier
Diddy Kong: Everyone dies. Leaves destruction and tasty snacks in its wake.
Sonic: Everyone dies. Even if this skill ends with you offscreen, Sonic's awesome recovery means you'll probably be able to make it back to the stage. People who spam counter attacks, super armor, and dodges might be able to live a couple seconds longer than the ones who get instantly annihilated.
Ganondorf: Everyone near you or in front of you dies.
Link: Free kill to anything in a line.
Zelda/Sheik: See above.
Toon Link: Same as Link (less range, more knockback, shorter animation).
Fox: Assuming the person knows how to drive a Landmaster, this always deals the awesome.
Falco: Flying to the top of the screen is just too hilarious not to do.
Wolf: Don't drive off the edge. Your projectiles are much stronger, but you have less recovery and maneuverability.
Samus: Mega Death Laser obliterates everyone in front of you. It's easy to catch 2 or 3 people with this. Kills at ridiculously low percentages.
Pikachu: This is harder to control than Super Sonic. Assuming you can aim it, this skill will probably kill everyone who isn't camping on the respawn platform. This skill is only high tier if you know how to move this ball of death. Unlike Super Sonic, people won't have any luck dodging this.

Mid Tier
Mario: Mario is always setting the standards for mid tier. His smash is near-death in a line. Not as much power as other smashes.
Luigi: Keep airborne and you can get out of this. Luigi can't act for the first half of it, giving you the chance to get away. Getting away is much harder than it seems.
Yoshi: The fireballs only go horizontal, so this one isn't too hard to evade. Said fireballs are ridiculously powerful.
Wario: The turbo-hog instantly kills everyone. A good Wario won't die while using it.
Zero Suit Samus: Free kill, but you have to really close distance with someone. That shouldn't be a problem with Zamus.
Kirby: You can dodge this with counter attacks (and I think air dodging and edgehogging too). This brews items if you're playing with them on.
Metaknight: Free kill. This one is a bit harder to land. MK might have the orb smashed from him if people attack from from a distance, or from above/below.
Pokemon Trainer: Death to anyone in a line. People can still move during this (even though they can't be seen), so it's particularly annoying to land.
Marth: Free kill to whatever's in front of you. It's not high tier for two reasons. First, you can't easily hit multiple people with it. Second, if you miss, you'll be shot horizontally, possibly to your doom.
Ike: Massive damage to everyone who gets caught in it. Doesn't kill unless the opponents have some damage on them already (heavyweights will need to be really battered).
Ness/Lucas: Starstorm causes projectiles to randomly fall. Characters who get hit twice in a row usually get KO'd. This skill is bad news to anyone already significantly damaged. The randomness of the skill could mean that some areas barely get hit at all. Weak in 1v1.
Snake: It's show time. It's possible to evade this with some hectic scrambling around and spamming dodges. If you have skill enough to hit people in the air (or vertically off screen), then you've got some free kills (or at least easy damage).
Captain Falcon: Harder to hit with, easier to avoid. This kills at low percentages.

Low Tier
Pikmin & Olimar: Deals negligible damage (assuming you evade the explosion). Hold on to the edge during this smash and stay away from the center of the stage to easily avoid the kill explosion (you might have to jump away from the stage during the explosion).
Peach: Peach can easily snag the smash ball with her ridiculous air control. Her smash gives her a free smash attack on everyone. In larger games (or on larger maps), this smash can be better for your enemies if they manage to snag the food that spawns.
Donkey Kong: Deals damage in a huge AoE (usually the center of the map). Since he moves up with the screen, he's not likely to die in scrolling stages. Not as good for KOing as other FSs.
R.O.B.: The face laser. This puts insane pressure on your opponents. It doesn't actually help much in scoring KOs.
Bowser: You still have to catch people and kill them, and you can still accumulate damage. Useless on very large maps (like Hyrule Temple, blah).
King Dedede: Avoid the spikes and you should survive. Hanging around the edge of the map is a practical way to avoid this.
Ice Climbers: Again, depends on the opponents and the map. Rather useless against players who can hold their ground.
Pit: It's not hard to dodge these buggers. They attack at set intervals and make sounds when they do, so everyone will be focusing on dodging. This could open up a window for Pit to land some attacks while people are busy avoiding the swarm.
Lucario: Move to the left/right of him, or jump over him. Some characters can even cross the beam (for example, using PK Thunder 2 allows this).
Jigglypuff: Grows huge. Anyone touching Jigglypuff when she screams gets shot off the map. This is probably the easiest final smash to dodge.
Game & Watch: Transforms in to a malevolent octopus that can only jump once. It can't chase after other characters, so it feels something like the hammer.

And here's one of the top tier final smashes in action!

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Zelda's is pretty noteworthy.

It's fast, instantaneous, has infinite horizontal range and can't be blocked. Simple, powerful, no muss, no fuss.

It has an almost zen-like simplicity to it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marth's FS does not kill him unless he's in the air. Lesson: Do not spam it in the air unless you're certain it'll hit.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Super Sonic = Best FS in the game. Period.

When you turn into Super Sonic, assuming you don't have motor control problems, you are guaranteed at least one KO.
If someone turns Super Sonic against you and they're not a moron, you might as well put down the controller and accept that you're losing a stock.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
Landmaster, End of Day and Beast Ganon for the awesomeness/instant-kill/almost completely unavoidable. Falco clearly has the best Landmaster to me.

ZeldaSmasher

Smash Rookie
I think that JigglyPuff has one of the best FS, due to the fact that its nearly impossible to avoid.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Sonic's is EASY to avoid/dodge/etc.
Not really. Play against a level 9 CPUY using it or someone who actually knows what their doing. With common sense, it is quite easy to punish any defensive action your opponent might take to avoid Super Sonic and once you land a hit, it is easy to bump them off screen to their death.

Top Bottom