• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash Ideas

Alteffor

Smash Rookie
The most logical final smash for in my opinion Ivy is Giga Drain, and it was an iconic move in the pokemon meta and fits her hurt/heal mechanic really well. I would picture it would be a command grab around her, if she hits any its deals 36 damage to whoever it hits, and heals her and charges 18, then releases them in a spot where you could easily follow up with your solar beam.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
The most logical final smash for in my opinion Ivy is Giga Drain, and it was an iconic move in the pokemon meta and fits her hurt/heal mechanic really well. I would picture it would be a command grab around her, if she hits any its deals 36 damage to whoever it hits, and heals her and charges 18, then releases them in a spot where you could easily follow up with your solar beam.
Hmm... I can see where you're going with that. Seems like a pretty cool idea, to me!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yup, either sunny day or giga drain. Infinite solar beams or heavy damage+heavy healing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey, so, the intention of this thread isn't very clear so I figured I'd clarify something. The reason the Kanto Trio don't have Final Smashes isn't out of lack of want or creativity in coming up with a Final Smash for each, but a technical limitation preventing us from making a Final Smash for them at all. Should we eventually find a way, you'll certainly see some awesome FSes on them. :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm most fond of the idea of Sunny Day (unlimited Solarbeam and faster movement [Chlorophyll is Ivysaur's Hidden Ability]).

D

Deleted member

How about Ivysaur grabs the opponent and douse a tremendous amount of damage with his bullet seeds, But he has to be at a certain range just like Ike's Final Smash.

l .
. l
l .
l.
. l
.l .
l . l
.l
l .
. l .
\ /l\ l
:ivysaur:

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
I forgot about Sunny day. It sounds perfect. I'd say Solar Beam (if the other one gets removed), or GigaDrain, or Sleep Powder(like Luigi's), or Leaf Storm (I'm not sure if Ivy/Venusaur can learn that,) and for Squirtle/Charizard, I'd say a giant Hydropump/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard and Fire Blast/Blast Burn/Overheat or Dragon Rage(It looked cool in the show against Poliwrath, but who remembers that?)

I bet that if Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and PokeTrainer were back to 1 slot, they'd have the Final Smash AND keep their down special so they can't switch mid-game. Brawl made it possible to choose which Pokemon you wanted to start as by clicking the specific pokemon from their larger Portrait in the character select screen, so that should be enough for players that want to play as Ivysaur and Squirtle (default could be Charizard.)
Alternatively, if that wouldn't work, I noticed that Dr. Mario has the pills instead of Fireballs. Well, that seems like a second moveset all in one slot! Maybe the same can be done for the Pokemon? Ex: first 6 clicks could be Charizard, the next 6 Ivysaur, the last 6 Squirtle! Then, PokeTrainer, the Final Smash, and their new badass specials could work!!

For Ivysaur's Final Smash, Ideally, I'd love to play with the Evolved Blastoise and Venusaur, but that seems like that would take tons of balancing, etc. I frequently go to Brawl Vault to see if there are any, but they either seem too small (textures only), they interfere with their current movesets, or too slow. Are there any other sites?

I bet everyone already considered those first two ideas, but it just feels like they would both work. Let me know what you and the wonderful folks who made Project M think of these simple changes, though I'm not sure how long I'll be visiting this site or my email. I go on my Youtube account more, though don't expect much. (https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaPyron)

I gotta say, all of everyone's hard work really shows: I never thought I would see the day when Roy, Marth, Ike, Lucario, and Mewtwo all exist in one game! I love all of the extra costume slots for many of the characters like Link, Dr.Mario, Fox/Falco/Wolf, and the Pokemon.

Sea Buoy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5278-5305
This is my idea from another topic that also revolved around Final Smash ideas.

My personal input is Leaf Storm in which Ivysaur summons a tornado of leaves (I'm not sure if you can reuse and enlarge Link's rang tornado with razor leaves idk). The tornado can do multiple small damages while either carrying the opponent in an upward direction or lateral direction off the screen.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
This is my idea from another topic that also revolved around Final Smash ideas.
Well why haven't they done/tried anything? Do they not read any of the posts or comments? This is frustrating. I even commented on their youtube videos, but I was unable to send them a message.

Sea Buoy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5278-5305
They just might not be responding to any of them. They could be testing them or ignoring them. But I think there are so many ideas flying around that they can't actually personally respond to any of them.

Top Bottom