• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Any Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Any thoughts on his final smash? Will it stay the same?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know if he's really received anything in the games to translate into a new Final Smash. Maybe a big dramatized Skyward Strike?

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I don't know if he's really received anything in the games to translate into a new Final Smash. Maybe a big dramatized Skyward Strike?
I think it will be different that his old one. Nice idea though!

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'd like if the characters actually have final smashes based on things they do in their actaul games, I mean luigi's getting the poltergust, pit's getting the 3 sacred treasures and lucario and charizard are getting their megas, so why not?

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Even if it is overly dramatized, it doesn't really scream final smash to me. I personally don't want Link's Final Smash to change. I thought it was fine in Brawl.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Even if it is overly dramatized, it doesn't really scream final smash to me. I personally don't want Link's Final Smash to change. I thought it was fine in Brawl.
Same really. Even something like that massive spin attack just doesn't seem like it would be as cool as an FS.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
A massive Din's Fire from OOT would be totally sweet. I always did love that move.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I wouldn't be mad I Link's FS don't change. Thought it's cool for Luigi and obvious for Pit, I like the fact that some characters have their own "Smash interpretation".

But a Final Smash for Link... What about "Chosen of the godess", where every attacks Link does makes a Skyward Strike?
Because a Skyward Strike alone doesn't sound to dangerous.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I wouldn't be mad I Link's FS don't change. Thought it's cool for Luigi and obvious for Pit, I like the fact that some characters have their own "Smash interpretation".

But a Final Smash for Link... What about "Chosen of the godess", where every attacks Link does makes a Skyward Strike?
Because a Skyward Strike alone doesn't sound to dangerous.
Perhaps he could get a boost where all sword attacks produce a powerful Skyward Strike projectile for a time? Could be interesting.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Link use the Fierce Deity Mask to transform in to Fierce Deity Link.
Normally I would say that Sakurai wouldn't mix Links like that, but since Zelda has a Phantom summon I think it's a possibility. I mean Sakurai mixed Toon and realistic Zelda for that one. So mixing Link with Young Link seems fine to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really want a new Final Smash; it could honestly be anything, I don't care. Just not the same uninspired FS. Or at the very least, give Toon Link something different. No reason to attenuate the value by duplicating a boring Final Smash.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I liked his Final Smash in Brawl so I'd be fine with it returning.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
No problems with Link's FS. Think it is something that represents all Links, instead of just one.

Morbi

Scavenger
No problems with Link's FS. Think it is something that represents all Links, instead of just one.
I suppose it is more acceptable when you phrase it like that; there are not many ideal techniques that could replace it anyways, I should probably just get used to it. I hope that at the very least, Toon Link gets a new Final Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Adult Link will likely keep the same Final Smash. It doesn't exactly reference what Link himself does, but it still manages to fit in well. And it just looks cool, if anything, the Triforce Slash should be more lenient, so perhaps give the first hit a bigger hitbox. Toon Link on the other hand, should get something new. I'm thinking he should summon a whirlwind like he does in Wind Waker. But I know I'm not the only one to think of that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Adult Link will likely keep the same Final Smash. It doesn't exactly reference what Link himself does, but it still manages to fit in well. And it just looks cool, if anything, the Triforce Slash should be more lenient, so perhaps give the first hit a bigger hitbox. Toon Link on the other hand, should get something new. I'm thinking he should summon a whirlwind like he does in Wind Waker. But I know I'm not the only one to think of that.
I agree; it was cool, but it has been 6 years as of current. It seems counter-intuitive to keep it so stagnant, but if Toon Link got a change, I would be fine with it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I personally LOVE the Triforce Slash, it always looks so climatic and epic when used.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait why is this a discussion I thought we all silently agreed that it should be Fierce Deity Link?
I agree, Fierce Deity Link would probably be the best possible choice. But most people don't want him to represent a single incarnation. They want an all-encompassing Final Smash. I personally just want something fun.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think the only change Link's Final Smash should get is a visual upgrade. make it look even more awesome.

Toon Link though......Well, I wouldn't mind if his stayed the same, but if it changed I'd have to make it him using the Wind Waker to conjure up either a huge whirlwind, or a large storm.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I liked the Triforce Slash. It would be cool if when Link was slashing skyward strikes would fly off the blade to damage people behind the Triforce that didn't get caught in it.

IYM!

Smash Lord
An imporved triforce slash, bigger, stronger, dealing more damage, able to catch 3 oponents at time, and have at least 3 attemps to release it to ours opponents, is really frustrating mis the final smash

sorry for my ugly English, i have so much time without write here

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The coolest final smash would be if he transformed into Fierce Deity Link, preformed an epic spin, then like 20 seconds as Fierce Deity on screen.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Crazy Idea, the final smash could be something like Megaman's with multiple Links. But that might not work because Wind Waker Link is already his own character, there are still others to choose from however.

Gugge

Smash Rookie
What about one of the Magic Medallions from Link to the past.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I have a few ideas

Link calls Epona and runs over all the peoples
Link turns into Wolf Link and wreaks havoc
Link shoots sword beams everywhere
and Link becomes Giant Fierce Deity Link and kills everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom