• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Content

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When Ryu was announced, I was looking forward to the SF content. I was sadly dissapointed with the little amount of songs, one trophy, zero assists, and no sign of Chun-love or M. Bison. We did get a stage though.

With Clouds inclusion, what FF content do you see included besides the stage, Mithgar? Will we be seeing Tifa or Sephiroth? Hopefully, it's more re than what SF offered :/

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
When Ryu was announced, I was looking forward to the SF content. I was sadly dissapointed with the little amount of songs, one trophy, zero assists, and no sign of Chun-love or M. Bison. We did get a stage though.

With Clouds inclusion, what FF content do you see included besides the stage, Mithgar? Will we be seeing Tifa or Sephiroth? Hopefully, it's more re than what SF offered :/
Doubt it will be too much more than what SF had-
I personally wish we had some Assist DLC but I doubt that will happen. I wish we would at least get a few trophies or stage cameos (which FF seems to be doing more so than SF.)

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I think Sakurai just wants to take Cloud a different direction than Ryu's.

For Ryu, its more like "Ryu has traveled to a new journey." At his appearence in Smash.

For Cloud, its like "I will show you who I am and what I come from".

Ryu is more independent, and involves him challenging every foe. Cloud is less independent and more open about showing himself to other Smash characters.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

For Ryu, its more like "Ryu has traveled to a new journey." At his appearence in Smash.

Ryu is more independent, and involves him challenging every foe. Cloud is less independent and more open about showing himself to other Smash characters.

That's an interesting way to put it. I really am holding out for something more than what SF got. I wouldn't be surprised if we got that Sephiroth theme as well as a trophy of him. Or maybe Chocobos. There are the hats as well. I don't recall any Street Fighter Mii outfits coming out.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I mean if it was all based on character then the same would apply for characters like Little Mac and Samus. I think it has more to do with them being DLC especially with the history behind SF- I feel if Ryu wasn't DLC we would have definitely gotten more trophies and an assist- the series has several recognizable icons such as Chun Li, Ken, M. Bison, Zangief, Cammy, etc. who would have at least been commemorated into trophies.

I think they are also shying away from assist DLC just so the game doesn't have to much trouble pulling up their data in battle, especially with the 3DS version in mind.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I doubt that the Final Fantasy content will be lacking.

Midgar alone offers more than twice the content SF offered, after all.

I could see trophies, Mii costumes, a song selection that isn't just a bunch of remakes of the same two songs, etx.

FortranFox

Smash Rookie
NNID
TanookiOcarina
3DS FC
0387-9346-6055
The price for Cloud + Midgar needs to be $6.99, just like the Ryu + Suzaku Castle bundle. Besides, I have exactly $7 on my eShop account. ;_;

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
That's an interesting way to put it. I really am holding out for something more than what SF got. I wouldn't be surprised if we got that Sephiroth theme as well as a trophy of him. Or maybe Chocobos. There are the hats as well. I don't recall any Street Fighter Mii outfits coming out.
Maybe Ryu's inclusion was more of an omage to the fighting genre in gaming. We got all of these fighting characters in Mii Costume form, and the Grandmaster of fighting ganes himself. Ryu. Cloud could be omage to the Final Fantasy series. Because of the chocobo. (Im just specualting. If it's true though. I hope we get a Squall Mii Costume)

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
The most we'll get is probably a trophy of Sephiroth or Aerith. And more Mii costumes, too. I don't expect a whole bunch more content than what Ryu had.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I feel like a Black Mage Mii Costume for the Gunner is pretty much a given. I'll be genuinely shocked if it's not included as the Black Mage is probably the most iconic FF character barring Cloud.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I feel like a Black Mage Mii Costume for the Gunner is pretty much a given. I'll be genuinely shocked if it's not included as the Black Mage is probably the most iconic FF character barring Cloud.
Chocobos (they got one) and Moogles- I'd love to see all three as costumes.
I suppose Cactuar is also up there as an iconic FF race, but is a bit more...weird.

I also think a slime (dragon quest) would be a safe bet with Square-Enix joining the fray.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I'll be genuinely shocked if it's not included as the Black Mage is probably the most iconic FF character barring Cloud.
Maybe they will make BM a swordmen with a Staff, considering they did the same with Viridi's mii costume, but i would preffer it on Gunner.

You know who also is iconic for FF? Gilgamesh, it would be awesome to have his outfit as costume, same with a Warrior of Light armor.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I think WoL is up there too considering the name itself is central to the plot of Final Fantasy.

Black Mage is definitely iconic. Still, when you Google Image Final Fantasy the first thing you see is literally Cloud. So in that sense Cloud IS Final Fantasy.

RoyMaBoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minecrafter620
3DS FC
0044-3464-8959
I think we might get trophies of the summons, Odin, Leviathan, Ramuh, Ifrit, and Bahamut Zero. And maybe a trophy of the red materia that summons them.:4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sadly, I can't download Cloud or even play the game as my disc won't play anymore. Is there any FF content besides what we've seen in Directs?

Top Bottom