• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Battle (January 17th)

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Too excited to wait for Apex? The event can't come any sooner, but there will be a tournament on January 17th that will give you a small taste of the intense matches to come. Final Battle, hosted by Zan at Ultimate Gaming Center in Los Angeles is expected to be the most stacked Smash Wii U tournament to date with players such as:
Brawl will also be at the event. This is one of the first times Brawl has been in the tournament spotlight at a regional/national level since the release of Smash 4. To those that have missed the slow and cerebral gameplay do not miss the opportunity to watch the top level players at this event.

Zero, the Chilean sensation, is the front runner to win the Smash 4 event. Currently, he has not dropped a tournament set to anyone in singles since his first time playing the WiiU version at Sky Williams' invitational, where he lost to ESAM and Mr-R using Fox. Things are incredibly different now as he has put a dramatic amount of hours into the game and has switched from Fox to Diddy, arguably the best character in the game currently. Many believe ESAM has the best chance of beating him, he has done it once already, will he do it again?

Pictured: ESAM, ZeRo

- - - - - -

Tune in to Clash Tournaments on January 17th, 1 PM PST to check out this incredibly stacked event!

Want to wish me luck at event? Follow me on Twitter @larrylurr to show your support :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Man look at all those pro players in this tournament. Bet it's going to turn into a glorious bloodbath out there!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If by blood you mean banana pudding, then sure. I'm sure there will be a lot of squashed bananas lying around.
Sheesh aren't you salty at Diddy. As for me I don't care if the entire tournament is just Diddy vs Diddy as I know these guys are going to put one heck of a show

infomon

Smash Scientist
Please, in these front-page posts, start linking to the actual event thread so that people know where to sign up!! And also let us know where the event is!

Final Battle - Jan 17th in Los Angeles, CA
http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...-denti-register-online-los-angeles-ca.362195/

Edit: Oh I know it said LA here in this post, but often that detail is missed, so this is just like a PSA / keep in mind :) thanks!

Last edited:

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
Hey for those who think that diddy is too strong, at least be thankful that he's not the only character people play as or at least what most people play...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Hey for those who think that diddy is too strong, at least be thankful that he's not the only character people play as or at least what most people play...
he's overrated IMO xD

I want Denti to win, tbh. Gotta bring the Sheik love.

Denti's crazy good anyway.

my predictions are that NAKAT, Nairo, Denti and Zero will all probably make it to the quarter finals.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Come on, give this tournament some variety, like Beast V, where we saw Link make it high at least. I'll love to see the outcome, but if it's just that, then it's utterly disappointing to see it come to this.

#FinalBattleGanondorf2015

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I would argue that Diddy is not the best character. Most definitely up there, but not the best. My question is, why are so many people salty on Diddy? He's nowhere near the scale of Metanight in Brawl, and I don't see people never shutting up about Fox in Melee.

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
Come on, give this tournament some variety, like Beast V, where we saw Link make it high at least. I'll love to see the outcome, but if it's just that, then it's utterly disappointing to see it come to this.

#FinalBattleGanondorf2015
YEE BOI GANONDORF

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
A Charizard Player?!
Holy ****ing ****. Thank you based Bloodcross for bringing individuality to the Smash scene. Almost as badass as DK Will.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
One of these players is not like the other. Who is it?

(IIIIT's CHARIZARD! I mean Bloodcross! Though points accepted for Nairo too. Props to all the waifus. Personally I like Robin and Dark Pit though, then Zelda and ZSS last. Damn Dark Pit is cute!)

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Though I think Smash 4 is awesome and all..... seing a Smash 4 Tournament like:

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I would argue that Diddy is not the best character. Most definitely up there, but not the best. My question is, why are so many people salty on Diddy? He's nowhere near the scale of Metanight in Brawl, and I don't see people never shutting up about Fox in Melee.
I was just about to answer but then you said the last sentence and you now have a good point. IDK maybe because they're sick of seeing down throw to up air on diddy? I can imagine that getting old esspecailly on an engine that's not Melee and people winning because of it.

Karnage

Smash Rookie
Well yeah but at least Fox didn't shriek obnoxiously with every attack lol

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I was just about to answer but then you said the last sentence and you now have a good point. IDK maybe because they're sick of seeing down throw to up air on diddy? I can imagine that getting old esspecailly on an engine that's not Melee and people winning because of it.
I can see what you mean. Such a reliable combo that kills efficiently on this kind of engine isn't really the same as an uthrow uair combo in Melee. What I say still stands, though. People are giving Diddy too much credit imo.
Well yeah but at least Fox didn't shriek obnoxiously with every attack lol
True. Frankly I think Melee Fox is the best Fox voice iteration and one of the best voices in Melee. People actually refuse to play me sometimes when I play Diddy in Brawl because of how annoying he is. But you didn't really address my point. I don't know whether you agree or disagree.

Karnage

Smash Rookie
I can see what you mean. Such a reliable combo that kills efficiently on this kind of engine isn't really the same as an uthrow uair combo in Melee. What I say still stands, though. People are giving Diddy too much credit imo.

True. Frankly I think Melee Fox is the best Fox voice iteration and one of the best voices in Melee. People actually refuse to play me sometimes when I play Diddy in Brawl because of how annoying he is. But you didn't really address my point. I don't know whether you agree or disagree.
Oh, well I wasn't really agreeing or disagreeing on anything, just pointing it out :p

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
"To those that have missed the slow and cerebral gameplay do not miss the opportunity to watch the top level players at this event."

Oh you

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Bloodcross gonna be getting those 70% KO's with Up-B. Don't sleep on Zard!

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
To be honest, I like Diddy, but I don't main him and I don't enjoy watching him most of the time, unless it's a super close match.

However, I wish many wouldn't be so salty about him. He's not the best character IMO and is very overrated!

Zoa

Smash Ace
****. Am I the only one more impressed by the Zelda artwork (still hyped for FB of course)?

Top Bottom