• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Kirby...

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I know this has been posted many time. But after losing to matts dedrick and zod and their kirbies over and over again is just annoying. I dont like to use kirby but is it the only way to beat these guys? I hope not. I use fox, falcon, mario and yoshi. Any straight out tips against good kirby players (especially against that ****ing utlit)

Blade XVI

Smash Rookie
havent played dedrick sense my noobish days and i really dont know how to top that i recommend fighting from a distance because once you get caught in one hit you get thoroughly ***** thats just my thought on it . Plus you must be really pissed about if you made a thread about fighting kirby sheesh even i want to know

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Major Edit: 2000 posts, Lolol​

of Fox, Falcon, Mario, and Yoshi, Mario and fox are by far your best choices

Falcon is bad vs kirby but if you insist on maining falcon, spam short hop back air. Never approach a Kirby who is above you as down air spells death. Down tilt Kirby's up b when Kirby recovers. Kirby is Falcon's worst matchup overall fyi. Down air works well also if its not predicted. Up smash can out-prioritize Down air if you are not predictable. Pivot f-smash works well vs up tilt.

Yoshi is really bad vs Kirby. me and Sheer have both agreed it is Yoshi's worst matchup, don't even bother.

For Mario, do exactly what your opponent does, camp. But this time, camp with projectile. if your opponent is bad at smash DI, down air up air down air up air up smash is an easy way to kill. If your opponent has good DI, up air is still a good move and the up smash kills kirby around 80 I think. Force kirby to approach before you do. Recover smart, down smash Kirby's up b or back air for edgeguards.

For fox, spam projectiles, down air to up tilt if the opponent has bad DI. down air isn't that bad otherwise. experiment with using Forward air and n-air and fox's other moves into an f-smash.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Looking for a good kirby to help me practice falcon vs kirby 1v1, look me up

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well he has higher jumps, is this too much of a difference? I mean, all his attacks are the same AFAIK

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I figured the biggest difference would be in the comboing due to the hitstun changes.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't agree with Koro when he says don't even bother using Yoshi. While Kirby is Yoshi's hardest match up it's still very winnable.

Dash attack is a very good approach for both Yoshi and Fox. For whatever reason it seems to work great vs Kirby's up tilts.

Fox's f-tilts and down tilts are great vs Kirby too. Dash attacks, f-tilts, and down-tilts are the main ways I approach Kirby with Fox.

Yoshi's dash attack and neutral b are his best approaches vs Kirby. Neutral b out ranges anything Kirby has and can force him to start approaching. You can also use Yoshi's double jump counter to get through up tilts but obviously that's significantly more risky.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
go falcon and just kick kirby's face which is also his body

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Well, don't let kirby hit you. Thats how you fight against a kirby player.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Well he has higher jumps, is this too much of a difference? I mean, all his attacks are the same AFAIK
He is also a lot slower.

it's mostly that the combos are different and the kirby did not play to win (you know, spamming up tilts and down airs) he tried creative stuff which backfired.

Top Bottom