• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting in the air

ras1619t

Smash Rookie
I'm having a major problem fighting in the air off the stage when people are floating and jumping back to the stage and was wondering if anyone had any tips. It seems that every time I try to hit someone I end up missing and/or dying, and it is hurting my game. If anyone has any tips I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Bair is a safe move to use off the edge, but everything else (unless you are trying to spike) isn't so great.

After awhile you'll get used to it. You'll know how far you can jump, and high, when, and how long. It just takes practice. You can always ledge hog with a dodge rull to Hug and ledge drop bair. Just don't get too greedy.

dak0tah

Smash Cadet
at higher percents id go with an uair, one of my favorite kill moves in Wolf's arsenal

but more to answer your question, the only way to get better is to practice(cheezy, i know)
you just have to get used to Wolfs jump range/fall speed/hit lag/etc same with any charactor. when you have complete control, you can put yourself where you want to be

pockyD

Smash Legend
the best GENERAL advice is to save your DJ and learn the exact timing/distance so you can DJ into attacks

then you can work into ground jumping // ledge hopping into them

and make sure you know the range on your up-b - you can bair them a fair distance away from the stage, but know how far is too far ;)

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
uair is nice to combo, and well, for catching. bair is the best though. His nair is better for approach.

Top Bottom