• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Doc

AG.

Smash Rookie
Ok...im a noob. yes i know. I play against a friend of mine who honestly, i know im better than. but for some *ucking reason, he beats me. Not all the time, but enough to piss me off.

Anyways. Basically, help a noob out, and I just wanna hear what your techniques are while fighting Doc.

We always play Final Destination. And that *****!!*!!*!*!*! cape, god i hate that cape...lol...And the down B, for some reason Meteor canceling wont always work. Now im rambling, but lemme know ANY tips, they are great appreciated...

Thanks.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Luigi's best weapon against doc is range. Forward tilt, back air and down smash are your safer moves. Docs like to pill spam, back air camp and jab dsmash. Wavedash under jumped pills cause you don't want to get hit by them, they can lead into combos. Ground pills can be shielded or jumped over. Get grabs, down throw to aerials.

Abuse docs recovery. It really sucks. I get a lot of people with wavedash off the stage back air. Don't miss though.

You can't sweet spot the cape. If your friend can time it well he will hit it every time. Try and foward b onto the stage. If you are jumpless you can try and up+b early. The cape gives you some extra height and you might be able to DI onto the stage after being caped if you UP+ B early. However the doc does get a free fsmash.

AG.

Smash Rookie
Thanks pakman, I appreciate it....Any others willin to chime in?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Doc's biggest weaknesses are his range and recovery. Pakman covered this. B Air edgeguard is **** generally.

His strengths are his edgeguard, pill spam and close combat.

-Edgeguard, nothing much you can do if the Doc is smart :(
-Pill Spam, you can wavedash past these things no problem, WD Shield obviously if you make an error in timing.
-Close combat, you can generally match Doc blow for blow here, but you should be able t o for the most part avoid this anyway because you'll be lauding your range over him, using what Pakman said.

Top Bottom