• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting against Marth

delune

Smash Rookie
hey was just asking how do you fight against a total-counter marth on FD
i mean he rarely wave-dashes and if i **** him with projectiles and shuffle
he simply c-spams me enough to edge-guard. a passive marth vs. link
i've tried hookshot comboing but it doesn't seem to give enough to finish the job.
a pretty noob tactic but i can't beat it. holding down marths counter, powershield, and
smash knockback ledge guard ftL -.-. help

Deva

Smash Lord
If he really counters that much, continue your projectile spamming but short hop towrds him with each projectile. when it looks like you have a chance to land a shffl attack on him, short hop towards him and don't attack. if he's as n00by as you say he should use the counter, giving you an opportunity for some free hits. In general, don't attack him when you usually do. Stall your attacks and use them after he uses the counter. If he edge guards with the c-stick smash, try sweet spotting the ledge with your hook shot. There will be no way his smash will hit you if you sweet spot. From there do an instant ledge hop back on to the stage so that you have some invincibility frames. For hookshot comboing, try d-throw to u-tilt to shffl u-air or d-throw to d-air or d-throw to up-B depending on the Marth's percent. The first combo work's at low percents. The second work's at reletively high percents and the last works at about 40-80%. Let me know if you need any clarification.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Deva pretty much hit the nail on the head, nice job btw. The stalling is the most important part, just remember the counter lasts a LONG time.

The only two things I have to add are that counter-happy Marths get eaten by bombs. The counter blocks the bomb, but the explosions still hits him. Grab combos work well too. Dthrow --> dsmash at about 10-30%. One of my favorites though at around 40% is dthrow --> utilt --> full-hopped dair. Nice 30% combo. If you're feeling REALLY playful though, get him up to around 190% then uthrow Marth, it kills him off the top which is ALWAYS fun to watch... especially from a grab. Link does have the 3rd strongest uthrow! (M2 and Roy beat him)

delune

Smash Rookie
OOh thanks a TON guys :D i tried it on him and he was shocked at how much i gayed him with my throw :o

Top Bottom