• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting a Marth

Poisonsparrow

Smash Rookie
What characters are best for fighting a Marth?

my friend mains him and according to the matchup chart every character I use is at a disadvantage

P.S. My chars are:
Main Lucas
Seconds: Olimar, Kirby
Thirds: Wolf, Jiggs

∫unk

Smash Master
Just play your main and get to know the matchup really well. Also be super aggressive off the edge your recovery is insanely good and hard to gimp. PKF spacing followed by quick rush downs are important too.

The "infinite" grab can be escaped with enough practice. If you DI away while constantly trying to jump break the grab Marth really can't do much against it.

I've placed pretty well with Marth and my friends Lucas wins slightly less than half the time against me so it's definitely not impossible.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
PKF followed by quick rush downs is weak. My friend Mains lucas and I can easily short hop F-air pass them or just walk foward and perfect shield Pk fire and follow up with DB rush, Down tilt, F-smash, F-tilt, or F-air.

One of your secondary is Olimar, Olimar CAN be good vs Marth if played very defensively. Grab at low percent to up smash to do 20+ damage. Keep away and spam pikimen, .When he gets close down smash counter his laggy attacks with D-smash.

Top Bottom