• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight Night II. Beaumont, TX. 7/11/08 (more than just brawl!!)

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
The Game Cove. 4430 Dowlen. Beaumont, Texas, 77706.

Tournaments: Street Fighter: 3rd Strike, Smash Bros. Brawl, Guilty Gear AC, Tekken 5(again).

Entry: 7$ venue + 10$ per tournament.

Registration is from 12pm-2pm. After 2, you are out of luck.

For more information call:
(409)291-6061[Tournament Manager]
(409)924-9707[Game Cove Store]

Myspace.com/GameCove
www.Gamecoveonline.com

Please note that you are coming on allisbrawl, it helps me judge the number attending.http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1402

BRING SET-UPS(Normal TV, Wii, Brawl)! your venue fee will be reduced to 2$ as a reward. oh ya, and the tourney wont take forever! XD

The venue is very nice, plenty of seating + a cafe =)

Show some love on the other sites that this event has been posted on!!
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=159406
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1402
http://gamecoveonline.freeforums.org/fight-night-ii-7-11-08-t200.html

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
lol, of course not sir

smash will start first because it will most likely have the most attendees

the rest will follow suit as the day progresses, starting at like 4:30 or so

but you MUST register between 12 pm and 2 pm!!!!

provost__

Smash Rookie
well you wont have a very good turnout soley because of it being on a week day and not on the weekend.

Popertop

Smash Champion
it's either dallas or this, and I think dallas is looking better.
my friend can't even come to this, that was part of the reason 'cuz of third strike.
*GuH*

provost__

Smash Rookie
if you are talking about the playntrade tournament, pretty sure berry is still running it and from what i saw theres only like 6people who have signed up.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I want to go to this, can anyone give me a ride from southwest houston?

I only want to go if the turn out looks pretty good though : P

QUIVO

Smash Master
I want to go to this, can anyone give me a ride from southwest houston?

I only want to go if the turn out looks pretty good though : P

provost__

Smash Rookie
lmao you are a pore excuse for a tourney director, i dont see who in the hell you got the job, personally i hope this tourney turns out not to be good. It sad that for a tourney not to happen you wont get off your *** as a tourney director to get the data you need. Main example people shouldn't have to bring their wii's for brawl but they do to make it run faster, you canceling tekken now means i have to call a few people from houston that were going to come and tell them they are outa luck, like i said pore excuse no wonder gamecove isn't that great, wait let me re phase that its not run properly.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
ur lucky day lame sir, tekken has been rescheduled due to the apparent interest that my friend has shown, and his willingness to donate the data needed.

now, if this was really poor(not pore, pores are on sponges -.-) then i would continue to cancel it due to your attitude.

tekken was already on thin ice, along with guilty gear, because those "great" events only brought in 6 people total, while smash brought 27. so, i suggest if you want this game to stay in the line up after fight night II, then get some people to go.

honestly, the games other than smash dont interest me that much, its a shame for gear, cause i actually like that game from what ive seen. street fighter probly wont be going anywhere because its just classic, but tekken... dont get me started.

you are pretty confident in your abilities tho, i like that, maybe you should challenge me in brawl, that would be hillarious to watch...

but anyway, tekken is back for this event, youre welcome.

ps: about set-ups. you obviously have never been to real smash tournaments(and certainly havent won any). its not my job to procure 10 tvs and wiis, its not my job to make the tourney run under 8 hours. its my job to advertise, pick events, and run the thing. i could drag it out till midnight if i wanted to.

but i wouldnt expect you to know much about smash...

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey take, I'm coming to this again and riding with Stiltz hopefully.
:)
Expect me to enter everything lol.
I'll still be bringing my full set up of 3rd strike.

provost__

Smash Rookie
your apparent interest from a friend, if you needed the characters you should have just said so instead of canceling it in the first place(would have been more than happy to give the memory card to you).

Tekken on thin ice? the only reason for that is because of the fact that no one around here can honestly play the game and be any good at it, so therefore you wont get a turnout(has a harder system than brawl). where as brawl my 8 year old nephew can pick it up and think he is godly at it(not saying he is), but thats the community that most of brawl is, is i think im great at it when they are worth crap.

Gear is a fun game and more complex at that, where brawl might have let say 15 different move sets that you can use(using as an example), gear can have anywhere from 20-45 depending on who you are using. the cancels for the game are unimaginable and to see high class people play it would blow your mind. Street fighter not going anywhere that true because of street fighter 4 coming out early next year, tekken has tekken6 which is already out in japan and korea so it wont be going anywhere too, especially because of sbo.

I know im confident in my abilities in most of the games i play, and other people who watch me play in those games mostly know i am. I dont play brawl, but if you think it would be so hilarious to watch then lets go ahead and play(if i come to this because of work), because that is the only game you are sure of yourself in.

honestly i dont care if you put it back on the schedule or not, wont hurt my feelings.

Actually i have been to a few smash tournaments, but wasn't there for smash, was there for other games and i saw how it was run, therefore if you are running it you are suppose to have the equipment or a list of who might bring it before hand(most tourney directors do) as an idea of how long it might take, ensures that people will have a good time instead of a bad time because for example, there only being 1 wii and 1 tv.

Yeah i dont know much about smash, but takeurlife2 there's more out there than smash, iv'e been to tournaments all around the us, and know how good tournaments are run and how bad tournaments are run, good tournaments take preparation and time to put together(evo, nec,tit,sbo qualifiers,sc2,3, and 4,nationals). so in regards to you wanting to play smash, like i said up top i would like to play you if i come to this, just so you can get your kicks out of it because i like to try new games and understand you have to play people better than you to get good, but you think your so good as brawl, the 3 tourneys i have seen around here and been to for other games as well, you didn't win.

Popertop

Smash Champion
tournament was a joke, thats all i got to say.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hey provost quit being such a **** about it.
LIke it takes balls to be and ******* on the internet.
Be nice to Noah he's new at this and he's trying and that's all that matters right now.
Of course the community will have 90% noobs at the very beginning that's a given.
And there was another tournament in Austin that this had to compete with, so srsly,
gtfo, I dunno why you're even here. Did you just join to troll this thread?

provost__

Smash Rookie
all i was saying popertop, was its ok for him running a tourney and trying to get good at it, but its another thing to have a tourney that really didn't happen was a waist of time and money for nothing, tourney should never have been on a friday, if it couldn't have been on saturday or sunday then shouldn't have been made at all, due to schedule or work issues,, and im not here to troll as you put it, i dont even play the **** game anymore not since the 2nd week it came out, actually got rid of it,never said brawl was a joke said "tournaments" as a whole was, but its sad that people come from houston for nothing, waste of gas and time.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
all I got to say is who are the f are you?? I don't think anybody cares what some random noob(yes I'm assuming you're one so?) has to say :laugh::laugh: ppl these days seriously oh well :laugh:

by the way , post the results for this plz :)
results were as follows:

each person who came got as many matches as they wanted at the meeger price of 7$.

im going to continue to do my best to get people to attend, its not as easy as it seems to get locals to rethink losing...

what i might start doing is having gamecove smashfests... have it like 20$ and that covers meals and playing all day and stuff, plus plenty of rooooom.

@provost, not really sure why you even have a SWF account, seeing as you obviously dont play smash. Just hanging out and waiting for a multi-tourney thread so you can troll it?

provost__

Smash Rookie
no thats not it noah, but i have an account because i did like the game and liked playing it, but like other games i get bored with it and move on to other games that have more complex fighting systems and takes more time to learn it, brawl is a fun game dont get me wrong i just dont play it anymore. As for locals having to deal with losing thats their own fault and dont realize that in order to get better at a game you have to play better people, and until they get that they will always get beat. btw is gamecove doing anything for sc4. but noah you are doing the best you can do and hats off to you, but like i said you cant help that locals dont want to play and lose, i was actually going to enter the brawl tourney yesterday but i got short on time and me and the other Asian had to leave.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
for sc4 we actually were going to have either a release night tournament with a copy being grand prize and/or add it to the line up for Fight Night III: Final Fight.(august 9th, a saturday)

provost__

Smash Rookie
needs to be a release tournament, and have it on fight night, because of the fact that its a new game, your will have all the noobs come out for it, and i can guarantee you im not a noob on this game and will challenge anyone around this area to any of the games in the series,

Popertop

Smash Champion
lol noah.
You're just lucky I wasn't around to beat you. ;)
I'm picking up DK now to counter MK.
And I gotsta show you some stuff with mah secret alt. ;)
How was the pot? Sizeable enough?
YOu know that MGC thing? Terrible rulset. ;)
4 stock, starting lineup, ALL STAGES LEGAL,
NO STAGE BANS, and NO ONE COULD USE THEIR WII'S. ;)
It was terrible. At least the finals match was kinda interesting.
I lost vs. a metaknight player because the lag was HORRIBLE. ;)
I'll try and convince a huge crowd to come to final fight. ;)

10suggestivewinks

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
lol noah.
You're just lucky I wasn't around to beat you. ;)
I'm picking up DK now to counter MK.
And I gotsta show you some stuff with mah secret alt. ;)
How was the pot? Sizeable enough?
YOu know that MGC thing? Terrible rulset. ;)
4 stock, starting lineup, ALL STAGES LEGAL,
NO STAGE BANS, and NO ONE COULD USE THEIR WII'S. ;)
It was terrible. At least the finals match was kinda interesting.
I lost vs. a metaknight player because the lag was HORRIBLE. ;)
I'll try and convince a huge crowd to come to final fight. ;)

10suggestivewinks
pff, playntrade doesnt do pots... they give store credit -.-

which is also why im confused as to why 35 people will show up to a pnt tourney to win 50$ store credit instead of one of my tourneys where they would win 300$ cash.

people are stupid.

Top Bottom