• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight for the Power Suit! Sign-ups closed! Begin brawling!

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Fight for the Power Suit!
Sorry about the uncreative name. :/

Hello everyone! I'm back from my slew of summer vacations and ready to host another tournament. This time I'll go for a themed tournament featuring my all time favorite video game character: Samus Aran.

This theme is somewhat complicated, so make sure you read it carefully and feel free to post here if you have any questions. This'll start whenever the sign-ups are complete and will finish when there's only one surviving. :/ I know people are busy this time of year.

For the most part the tournament will follow normal SBR recommended rules, but I'll post them here for anyone who doesn't know them.

Rules
3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets are best of 3 matches
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. (lol, bad joke)
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. (lol, another bad joke)
Excessive stalling is banned.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.​

Anyone and everyone can be challenged and must accept all incoming challenges. All 16 participants will start out as normal Power Suit Samus. Throughout the tournament, people will switch between normal Samus and Zero Suit Samus. And the rules will change depending on what characters are fighting. Specific matches will go as follows:

Samus vs. Samus
No change to in-battle rules.
The winner of the battle will have "broken" the other player's power suit, therefore forcing the player to play ZSS.
(Just going to point out that since suits are being destroyed, they will soon be in very short supply. :))

Samus vs. Zero Suit Samus
The player playing Zero Suit Samus will throw away the armor pieces and self destruct once to bring their stock down to two. Otherwise fight as normal.
If Samus wins, ZSS has been killed and that player is eliminated from the tournament.
If ZSS wins, that player has "stolen" the other's power suit and will now play as normal Samus, while the other one plays ZSS.

Zero Suit Samus vs. Zero Suit Samus
No change to in-battle rules.
The loser of the battle is killed and eliminated from the tournament.​

This being my first themed tournament I am bound to mess up, so please tell me if anything doesn't make sense.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Sign-ups list:

1. Marthos/Nat/1934-8926-5290

2. Master Malik/MALIK/2664-7184-7251

3. Steven Jackson Action Jackson/ /1934-2694-3644

4. mcmuff1nman/ /0173-2745-5921

5. Professsor mgw/P.mgw/2105-8323-5356

6. Marshmallowman/Marsh/1504-6875-2233

7. zeldspazz/Spazz/1462-4424-9642

8. IsmaR/IsmaR/5112-5790-2650

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
:samus2:
Master Malik
mcmuff1nman
professor mgw
Marshmallowman
zeldspazz
IsmaR

:zerosuitsamus:
Steven Jackson Action Jackson
Marthos

:skull:

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
You just have to set it up with whoever you challenge/were challenged by. These tournaments can take weeks or months to finish.

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
samus and zamus are my favorite chartacters to play with, i just need alot of training with them till i can start maining either, and this looks like a great place to train. count me in! Marsh/ 1504-6875-2233

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Well that's one more at least... I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep these sign-ups open for. We may end up just having eight people be involved.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
yeah, probably. i just can't wait for this tourney to start. its actually my first online one.

hmmm just make it 8.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Add me in Marthos :)

<----FC/Spazz, but you know the details already ^_^

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
so wait, who am i fighting? i just go and fight everyone who signed up?

edit- and i forgot, i was using Zss.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Well, unless you want to severely handicap youself Malik, I suggest you start out as Samus and once you lose be ZSS. Also, this tournament is basically every woman for herself, so anyone can be challenged by anyone and brawls will continue until all but one person are eliminated. I think you should read the first post again.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
It's okay, Malik. This isn't the typical tourny. :)
The first one was close and you beat me the second game, but yes, SJAJ's Power Suit is broken.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if anyone's able to fight for this, I'll be free for the next four hours.

Edit: Alas! My power suit has been broken by mcmuff1nman!

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Interest in this tournament was non-existant from the start, so if people don't start challenging and brawling soon, I think I'm going to have to drop this.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Sorry Marthos, you dont know how busy Ive been lately, Ive already dropped out of one tourney cus its been crazy :(

Top Bottom