• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU VGC Presents: The Spring Smash - 2/26/11 - Fort Myers, Florida

Segendo

Smash Cadet

I heard rumors from the vgc today that the prizes are only going to students and fort myers local smashers because of the M2K incident last year (he threw out the gift card).

So i guess we'll be getting updates soon. I heard they were discussing if people from other cities come, they can win but the payouts go to whoever does the best locally, since the tourneys for them.

Wha?!?

Don't know who you heard this from but this isn't true... prize goes to the victor

FGCU VGC President
-Chris/ AKA: CART

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Wha?!?

Don't know who you heard this from but this isn't true... prize goes to the victor

FGCU VGC President
-Chris/ AKA: CART
Still in the end, It is the most logical way for having the Prize go to the highest FGCU student/ or area player. If anything, this tournament is there's even though we invite others to come play with us. That is the reasoning behind Smashboards.

I say that to keep sponsorship happy, we should have their prizes being used. As an officer, I will keep this argument up since I find it fair in all honesty.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Still in the end, It is the most logical way for having the Prize go to the highest FGCU student/ or area player. If anything, this tournament is there's even though we invite others to come play with us. That is the reasoning behind Smashboards.

I say that to keep sponsorship happy, we should have their prizes being used. As an officer, I will keep this argument up since I find it fair in all honesty.
This is a terrible idea and will not be sought through.

I have no idea where the rumor came from none the less it is false the winner will earn the prise.

FGCU Video Game Club Vice President.

-FGCU Viper

OverLade

Smash Hero
I wouldn't argue against have separate gifts for out of city and for FGCU students. It's important to encouarge your scene to come back and that's a great way to do it. Its up to you guys of course, but doesn't seem like an unrealistic proposition.

Segendo

Smash Cadet
Okay This discussion is over.

Rules are staying the same there are going to be no changes. PNT Gift Card Prizes go to the victor.

On another note i like the idea RedHalberd Mentioned. We may have a small Prize to give away to the top placing FGCU Student although it will be a more physical prize (like a brand new gamecube controller or a t-shirt) if I can get it to go through

-FGCU Video Game Club President

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Double post to lol at Viper for saying "I don't care what other people have a discussion about, it's not happening no matter what".

Epic VP.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Okay that sounds cool. :D

RedHal, who all is coming? Do you know :D

@Cart, good idea with the t-shirt or CONTROLLER
Dont know yet lol. I know we'll be bringing Lies (A new player), and possibly Ganja. As far as the Tampa regulars I can't really say.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Fuckin' ******* comes back in and says
"This tournament was a joke, you are all bad players. I threw out your POS gift card"

and then he left.
yeah he does dumb **** like that. I remember at the st. aug tourney, I had to leave and he was playing seibs I think. Anyways I was his ride previously so his **** was in my trunk. I asked him when he was gonna get his stuff since I had to leave, and he just just tells me straight up, shut up. At that point I was about to just leave and leave his **** on the side of the road, but being the good person that I am, I ended up waiting like half an hour for his *** to finish. Thinking back on it, I probablly regret waiting that half hour LOL

I think he did that to ryo to on another occasion too. You don't just tell someone to shut up, especially a big black guy like him. Thats just askin to get your *** beat (IRL, not brawl) XD

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
@Red, Awesome.
I like meeting new players. And newer players are all over FGCU.

@Dew, you should have **** in his bags.
Hahaha. But seriously, the guys a prick. And he's like socially awkward and a douche...
And beat me with one hand,

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ooops. Didn't know i Double Posted. (almost wrote DP.. that coulda been bad)

We should all order pizza and then everyone split a pizza with someone and we can order Papa Johns or Dominoes which means it's like, 2.50$ a person. Round up to 3 for tip.

Pizza hype?
GARLIC SAUCE HYPE!!!
!!!!
!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
!!!!
!!

-!-

Smash Lord
I beat him, then he used two hands on me lol

Btw I'm still winning this, just saying :/

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I apologize for using quotations. Lol.
It wasn't a quote, it was the attitude you used towards the idea of having a discussion/debate.

I just like the characteristic how you always take charge and don't gaf, and if somethings stupid you don't stand for a second and you take charge. I didn't mean it offensively. I was being serious. I always thought that was cool about you. haha.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I apologize for using quotations. Lol.
It wasn't a quote, it was the attitude you used towards the idea of having a discussion/debate.

I just like the characteristic how you always take charge and don't gaf, and if somethings stupid you don't stand for a second and you take charge. I didn't mean it offensively. I was being serious. I always thought that was cool about you. haha.
thanks man just doin my best

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That's all you can do viper. Hahaha.
Also, we should start saving our matches in sets.
Like put the pinnacle on, match one, select match 2, select match 3.
That'd make it easier for youtube.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
That's all you can do viper. Hahaha.
Also, we should start saving our matches in sets.
Like put the pinnacle on, match one, select match 2, select match 3.
That'd make it easier for youtube.
sorta. like what if a player uses 2 or 3 different chars and people are just searching for certin MU's thats the only problem i have with that

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Mmm
That's true.

but it would make uploading esier.
I guess.... Idk. We could do (^^^easier*) it diff ways for diff matches. That'd be the simple answer.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay, but record my sets in one block. It makes it easier for loading reasons, more organized, and it just works better.

I mean, if i want to watch a set, then i'd like to watch a set. Not open 2-5 windoes (depending on the set)
Or else it gets annoying :(

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Okay, but record my sets in one block. It makes it easier for loading reasons, more organized, and it just works better.

I mean, if i want to watch a set, then i'd like to watch a set. Not open 2-5 windoes (depending on the set)
Or else it gets annoying :(
it is not really more orgnized when you try to post your replays on char specific boards and you have to go clicking around to get to the start of the game you want to see that is also not as easy. and if you want to watch a set then you want to watch a set regardless of how many windows you need to open.

but i will try to get yours in blocks but i am not a fan.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
mix, do you have a triwing screwdriver? I need to fix my controller and replace the analog box. Do you know how to do that by any chance?

On another note we should have a smashfest when I get back on March 4.

-!-

Smash Lord
I have one of those, and I've never worked on the analog box before but I can help you fix it. If anything I think I may have an xtra motherboard we could swap.

And that day falls on Friday, me luis and danny work but were off the rest of the weekend :D

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yeah any day from march 4 to the next saturday or so works for me. I just need the analog box swapped tho. I have my controller with a very loose analog that was replaced back in x-mas after it broke during the way to holy smash but yeah. Jssn gave me his extra controller thats only really good for spare parts so it has a pretty stiff analog that I want to swap it with my tourney controller. (playing falco on my current controller is literally impossible, need to fix this asap >_<)

-!-

Smash Lord
if its a matter of just switching the analog then it'll be easy, if the box itself that's connected to the board is the problem then I find it hard to fix, well see when you come down though, well figure something out don't worry Lol.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
oh. Yeah its the box itself. I don't remember if mow replaced the motherboard as well, but looking at a few videos maybe he did. Because he didn't solder anything so by the looks of it, it would seem like that perhaps. Ill have to PM him about that.

Top Bottom