• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Smash: Omega *12/4/10* -- ONLY A FEW DAYS!!!! --

-!-

Smash Lord
fact is there is lagg so it messes me up cuz I don't play the game with delays... nd if there's only laggy TVs I won't play, I tried once nd it messed my set up badly. Same as C.E.O. Storm that was ******** real talk. U where there Dfear lol u know what I mean

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
fact is there is lagg so it messes me up cuz I don't play the game with delays... nd if there's only laggy TVs I won't play, I tried once nd it messed my set up badly. Same as C.E.O. Storm that was ******** real talk. U where there Dfear lol u know what I mean
Well. Bring some TV's. We have 2. One is the "laggy" TV that has no lag,
So if you guys bring one that'd be awesome.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Just realized I have to work in a meeting with a group from class during this, so I'm not sure if I'll be entering, but I'm still gonna show.

Haha, and I haven't gotten my controller yet, M!X, but I'm getting maddd excited, dawg!

T
ime
Runs
Away

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Just realized I have to work in a meeting with a group from class during this, so I'm not sure if I'll be entering, but I'm still gonna show.

Haha, and I haven't gotten my controller yet, M!X, but I'm getting maddd excited, dawg!

T
ime
Runs
Away
You and Abscent should enter doubles, at 2 ish. Since thats when Naples can make it there.
Singles should be at 4:30-ish.

Text me if anything comes up.

-!-

Smash Lord
I hve a feeling that "non-laggy" is that flat screen I won't get near that thing

TRA u gonna love that controller my dawwwg :)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
1.sheikssbm
2.dfear
3.superwolf
4.mixcoatl

3 way split with sheikssbm/dfear/superwolf pretty random lol

naples won teams and i think low tiers is going on right now

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
hmm thats a tough call tbh

the whole match was pretty much a campfest with mink camping the whole time, superwolf camping when he was in the lead, then mink camping him once he got back into the lead.

Now towards the end was tough to judge. I guess the definition of stalling would be in short, to make a match unplayable. Judging from the end I'm not really sure since wario tends to do this tactic quite a bit for timeouts (masky ;)) I suppose its questionable to if mario can even reach jigglypuff given his ****ty moveset and unability to really hit him with anything besides up-b. Im guessing your judging this to see if its legal or not. Unfortunately I think it is legal since I've seen that before, its just unfortunate that emowolf wasnt able to catch him offguard towards the end. This happened to me until i got the hit at the very last second at mlg.

also I'd say stalling would be making a match unplayable for a couple of minutes or so

-!-

Smash Lord
how bad did we loose? lol

I 2-0'ed both Viper and Mink, SuperWolf 2-0'ed Viper with a 3 stock too... Ummm teams wasn't any different ohh nd ****** 2-0'ed Mech. I think that's pretty much it. If u count low tiers lol mink beat SuperWolf 2-1 but lost to Sheikssbm nd wolf beat mech. Ohh mech beat Sheikssbm but sheik still had a better record. Yea low tiers results where off pools no bracket this time. Shout outs later.

EDIT: Low tiers results:

1. Sheikssbm
2. Mink
3. superWolf
4. Mech

Note: I didn't got first cuz I had a head-ache nd didn't entered :)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dksank man.
I have something for you, from D-torr that i feel would help your online self alot.
I couldn't help but notice you like to multiquote. So here you go.

Step 2: Select the final post you are going to quote. Do it as it is normally done.

Step 3: SUCCESS!!!

And there you have! You now know how to multiquote.

Disclaimer: All posts used in this tutorial are only used for example. No intention of defamation was used in this tutorial and we apologize if it is taken that way.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm gonna go with it being legal following what Dew said. All I saw was a bunch of circle camping. Emo would just be throwing fire when he had the percent lead while Mink was jumping around trying to find an opening, or just dodging Mario if he had the lead. I didn't feel like the game was being made unplayable though ending I have to say was very gay, but fair. Both characters are awful with dealing with the other's camping and the stage really didn't help with that.

Emo wolf please don't hate me for saying this, but you had several opportunities to hit Mink as he was moving from one side to the other. There were a bunch of spots I saw where you wasted time doing unnecessary air dodges and sheilds. Plus you could've read how Mink was going land or bait him. Sadly Jigglypuff just happens to be able to jump a lot and with such a big stage a better character CP(or stage if it was your CP) should've been considered seeing how bad mario's reach is.

:rosalina:

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
it was not a 3 stock i just SDed with my own free will while i put down the controller but since he was at 150% and i did not want to finish the game its not cool you call it a 3 stock so there is the true story.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dear Naples, Get Off My Jock.

In all honesty, it seems like Mink is finally starting to figure out how to use Puff in today's metagame, rollout usage aside.

Good for him!

Edit: To be a bit more clear, Mink is not guilty of stalling by any means.

Mink simply used Jigglypuff's high horizontal and low vertical air speed to his advantage: Nothing more. He didn't prevent Mario from hitting him, technically speaking.
It's not stalling.

Even if it was, it's friggin Jigglypuff! It's pathetic if you have to rely on excuses like that to win against a Jigglypuff (no insult to Jiggs; she's a fun character who just suffers in the metagame). Sonic can run out the timer, MK can plank out the timer; no difference in Jiggs, er..., floating out the timer.
That is definitely not stalling according to that definition. The game is not unplayable - relevant skills are being tested. Playing Jigglypuff like that still requires skill, unlike Sonic's HA stall underneath the stage, which is covered by that definition.
air camping imo.
Air camping as the Jiggs still actually did take an offensive at times.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
I'd be pissed if I was SWolf, but I don't think it's stalling.

All the "questionable" stuff happened in the last 45 seconds of the match, which is fine, because at that point you're not trying to make the game unplayable, you're just trying to time the person out and win. If it had started a minute or so beforehand, my response might be different.

Time
Runs
Away

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
im still surprise how sick mario is without even playing him dawgs but yea mink good shxt in running away dawg nd that gay jiggs dawg it was sickk camping hit nd run away damn so much for a joke low tiers nd the reason it was questionable too was being there everyone was just standing there yelling, okay mink hit him once nd run away, yea dawg run away, avoiding contact, but aight dawgs feel sick for that win thnks for the moneyzzz

Tra u were suppose to joing dawggg wtf!

-!-

Smash Lord
it was not a 3 stock i just SDed with my own free will while i put down the controller but since he was at 150% and i did not want to finish the game its not cool you call it a 3 stock so there is the true story.
so u gave him the 3 stock??? u could of taken one stock then raged quit afterwards lol its straight dawwg lol

anyways, that whole argument was more so of a joke to me tbh lol it was just a low tiers tournament dont get to excited over it. :bee:

*Needs pills*

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
im still surprise how sick mario is without even playing him dawgs but yea mink good shxt in running away dawg nd that gay jiggs dawg it was sickk camping hit nd run away damn so much for a joke low tiers nd the reason it was questionable too was being there everyone was just standing there yelling, okay mink hit him once nd run away, yea dawg run away, avoiding contact, but aight dawgs feel sick for that win thnks for the moneyzzz

Tra u were suppose to joing dawggg wtf!
I dont understand a damn word you just said.
I think you used a total of 0 periods that whole paragraph.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand a damn word you just said.
I think you used a total of 0 periods that whole paragraph.
i remember dawgg u cant understand much man not even sarcasm dawg its str8 minkkk
dont worry i wont judge you

Top Bottom