• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Pokemon Trainer?

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
How about a female Pkmn trainer? but her pokemon will be the opposite of Red's pokemon in Brawl
some will be evolved or pre-evolved

Charizard: Charmeleon or Charmander

Squirtle: Wartortile or Blastoise

Ivysaur: Bulbasaur or Venesaur?

do you guys agree?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The female Red is HOT for a 10 year old!!! ;)

(Edit: Old Joke BTW)

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
she could flirt the male one and the male one loses a life

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
How about a female Pkmn trainer? but her pokemon will be the opposite of Red's pokemon in Brawl
some will be evolved or pre-evolved

Charizard: Charmeleon or Charmander

Squirtle: Wartortile or Blastoise

Ivysaur: Bulbasaur or Venesaur?

do you guys agree?
I doubt they're going to remake three very similar characters just so there can be both genders. Besides, that's one character taking up two slots.

wow, how in the hell did psychoincarnate get 2,031 posts in two months.
1337 |-|4X.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Off topic. I hate to mini-mod...

2. On your question... he MAY have no life. LOL.

Furthermore... there really shouldn't be another PKMN Trainer as a char. At the most they could be a costume.
It's not nice to talk about others...

...If you must know I have problems, but only in the last month...

smashbot226

Smash Master
I was kidding, incarnate. I imagine you must have either a life, a shell of a life, a mockery of a life, or an Uwe Boll life.

Which in that last case, go slam your head with an axe.

Furthermore, there really SHOULDN'T be any more PKMN Trainer chars because it will require a massive NINE new movesets to conjure up.

I don't think that is neccesarilly worth the time.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
At this point, I can say that one or none of these things may happen:
  1. The female Kanto protagonist (Leaf) will be a new skin for Pokémon Trainer
  2. Protagonists from Johto or Hoenn can become new skins for Pokémon Trainer (finally Blaziken for those fans!)
  3. There can be a "Pokémon Rival" character, which would behave similarly to the idea in the first post, and would look like Blue from FR/LG.

Actually I hate the idea of a character having just different evolutionary stages of the same Pokémon that the revealed Pokémon Trainer has. It would be boring and would waste resources. So I'd go with #2 or #3, or #1 with no different Pokémon than the ones revealed so far.

The idea of a "Pokémon Rival" would need Blastoise, though. But no Bulbasaur and Charmeleon. Probably the likes of Alakazam (recurrent and less heavy and controversial than Kadabra), and Eevee (a mascot of Pokémon, a starter Pokémon, and a second signature Pokémon of Blue and derivated characters).

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh, unless they cut Jiggs and Mewtwo along with Pichu, dont count on any other Trainer type character.

Ponder this: since the character is called Pokemon Trainer and not Red, it is not a bad guess to say that some of the color swaps of Pokemon Trainer will have you use the FR/LG female. It is quite the generic name, so here is my take on it:

Red/Yellow swaps: Male character
Green/Blue swaps: Female character

And no, the Pokemon will never change skins, no Blaziken instead of Charizard etc. It cannot work, since each Pokemon has something that the others cannot replicate, like Charizard's wings or Ivysaur's vines or Squirtle's shell....

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
No she'd be called pokemon trainer as she'd be nothing more than Red's costume change. Comon it makes since, why else would the protagonist be called Pokemoan trainer than the more appropriate Red

Also there's a thread already on this. Please go to the Red thread to talk about the female or event the other trainer thread.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! I'm so glad that I found this thread. I have been saying since PKMN trainer was confirmed that an unlockable would be Female Pokemon trainer...and I thought she would use the starters from diamond/pearl so that the old and the new were represented. Then the Piplup update was posted...and now...I don't know. But, I am still confident that She will be in Brawl. Maybe with the 3rd gen pkmn...I can't remember what they were.

thrak

Smash Cadet
Well who said that the alternates had to be starters. They could just become any pokemon, no matter what gen, that has a similar body frame.

Also, maybe 1 costume would make all the pokes shiny, and make Red into a rival char. or one of those guys w/ the green hair in D/P...

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Alternate Costume or GTFO. If we were to have any other Pokemon multi-trainers (and I don't want any more, cause PKMN Trainer is original and cool) they'd have to be either Blue (Alakazam, Arcanine, Eevee, or some such) or Giovanni (Nidoking, Persian, Rhydon, etc.). I'd much prefer if the various starter trainer skins were just all alt costumes.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Shouldn't this be in the Pokemon Trainer thread?

Anyways, I think PT should have alternate costumes such as the female trainer and the rival, and maybe a few generic costumes such as male and female cooltrainer. They shouldn't have different Pokemon because that would be a waste of development time; I'd rather have three more characters from new series represented than three more Pokemon. Given Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard, along with possibly another Pokemon such as Lucario, the Pokemon series will have more than enough reps.

So yeah, alt costume only.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Ponder this: since the character is called Pokemon Trainer and not Red, it is not a bad guess to say that some of the color swaps of Pokemon Trainer will have you use the FR/LG female. It is quite the generic name, so here is my take on it:

I liked your idea best.

I think the switching Pokemon idea is too much to do.

and quite frankly, I think it'd be too confusing. :confused:

Arteen

Smash Lord

Even better:

Red/other color swaps: Male trainer
Blue/other color swaps: Rival
Light Blue/Green swaps: Female trainer

That way, there is a different trainer model for each team color, comprising each the primary three Kanto trainers. Alternately, all three could have alternate costumes in each color, and the player model could be changed in team games like the color is in FFA games.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Sure she is hot but still cant be a PC. But for an Alt she would be great. Because this way if a girl wants to use one of PT's three pokemon she doesn't have to be a boy. Right?

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
If Female PT was a char, she wouldn't have Kanto mon, and especially not pre-ev and post-ev mon from the male trainer. If anything she'd have Hoenn Pokemon since Johto and Sinnoh are already out due to Chikorita and Piplup in pokeballs. Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken would be her team.

Alt costumes would work too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, if they were going to do that, wouldn't the male Pokemon Trainer have a male sign by his name like Nidoran?
They would, if there was going to be a female pokemon trainer as a different character

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
An alternate costume is fine, but not a completely different character. I would be kind of wrong if they didn't do it, for the girls that would be playing.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If female PT were to be an Alt... wouldn't that mean the girl speaks like a boy? (Because it hasn't been confirmed or not if the Pokemon Trainer says any grunts when like throwing the Pokeball)

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Wel i think it would be cool for it to be diffent characters... For instance Girl Trainer + Cacturn + Sandshrew + Plusle and Minum Duo

pirkid

Smash Lord
(RedTeam, Original) 1st Costume (Red, Ash, Jack): Pokemon Fire Red Trainer Male
(Blue Team, Blue Costume) 2nd Costume (Green, Blue in ***): Pokemon Leaf Green Female
(Green Team, Green Costume) 3rd Costume (Jack): Pokemon Emerald Male
(Red F Costume) 4th Costume (May): Pokemon Emerald Female

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
If Female PT was a char, she wouldn't have Kanto mon, and especially not pre-ev and post-ev mon from the male trainer. If anything she'd have Hoenn Pokemon since Johto and Sinnoh are already out due to Chikorita and Piplup in pokeballs. Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken would be her team.

Alt costumes would work too.
I agree....Grovyle could be the glider...because I know that was a concern...I'm tellin' ya though, I REALLY think Female PKMN trainer will make the cut.

TShirt4

Smash Rookie
that would be really cool if they included the female red. What i think would be even cooler is if they added ash ketchum with Turtwig, Monferno, and Empoleon. Its obviously not going to happen but i think that would be kinda cool. haha we could pokebattle red and ash!

Top Bottom