• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feeling limited on Battlefield?

PX Pachi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cofsyrupp
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
I feel like some of my actions are limited on Battlefield. Maybe I just need to switch up my style on that stage but I lose the ability to do some of my handy followups on that stage, mostly ones using HA. Or maybe just stages with prevelant platforms in general. I just wanted to know how you guys felt about Sonic and Battlefield.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I hate BF, especially against certain characters who can juggle, Mario or Falcon I see you dere.
How the **** do you approach on battlefield? Everytime I just seem to be like 'right I'm getting fireball/whatever spammed imma spinshot behind them'. But now I'm on a platforms above them getting juggled to hell.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
Yes. Sonic is limited on small or multi-layered stages.... Kinda.... it definitely feels like it due to the fact that he can't unleash his full speed to overwhelm and pressure his opponent; well, he can, it's just much harder. Your opponent can hide up on or below platforms or on the other side of walls creating an obstacle which you have to slow down and navigate around. It makes your approach more predictable.

On the other hand, for Sonic, at least in Battlefield, his Usmash will hit people above him on platforms; so abuse this. Also, forget trying to drop through the platforms, just run off the sides of them; use an Nair if you feel like you need to cover your descent, or use Spin Charge. If they're on platforms above you, abuse your Up Smash; Or get them away from the platforms, push/throw them to the stages edges and fight off stage or follow them up in the air for a juggle, platforms make it easy for you as well. When you're both on the ground, short hops are your friend.

So Sonic can do just fine, you just have to play a little differently.

Last edited:

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
At least you can go under the Battlefield with Spin Dash / Charge as long as you haven't use you second jump. Don't know how to use this properly, but it's an option (Unless this is removed with the upcoming update). Anyway, Augi summed it up quite nicely: take advantage of your Up-Smash & short-hops. You can't control space as usual, so do your best to stay on them with aerials / spin-charge. Go for d-throws if possible here.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I love Battlefield.

Am I the only Sonic who loves Battlefield?

Platforms are ****ing cool.

:093:

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
I love Battlefield.

I really understand the love for battlefield but honestly it is like my 3rd or 4th choice for a stage pick. It makes for great mix ups and strategies against certain characters. But so far my go to choice is arena ferox and then Yoshi's or Rainbow. But people usually think they can take me to fd and win so I don't ever have to pick fd anymore.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I love Battlefield.

Battlefield is always my go to stage. I feel like I have so many more options on that stage than fd or omega fd stages. Also, I hate yoshi's island on this game. The slopes are goofy and the blast zones **** with my head.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
But so far my go to choice is arena ferox and then Yoshi's or Rainbow. But people usually think they can take me to fd and win so I don't ever have to pick fd anymore.
People always have this notion that Sonic is best on FD... idk who started the whole "Sonic likes flat levels" thing. I guess it's because of threads like these. Also, are Ferox or Rainbow legal anywhere?
Battlefield is always my go to stage. I feel like I have so many more options on that stage than fd or omega fd stages. Also, I hate yoshi's island on this game. The slopes are goofy and the blast zones **** with my head.
I was never too keen on Yoshi's either, honestly. I was kind of bummed it returned from Brawl. Plus we can't even take advantage of the slopes anymore so there's like no reason for me to want to use it.

Prism Tower is great though.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yoshi's lack of iSDR abuse is my biggest complaint about having it come back. I'm curious why you hate YI against BJ.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
It's because I lost a FG match due to not being able to properly deal with the mechakoopa in that stage but that's most likely due to lack of matchup experience..

I kicked his ass in an omega stage afterwards, though.

Top Bottom