• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 15, 2014] King of the Stream (Oak Park, IL)

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
No EXPosure in February but be sure to check out this new event we will host.
Hoping to see EXPosure scale attendance at this!

EXP’s King of the Stream

February 15, 2014
12pm-12am
$10 venue fee

Main Event: King of the Stream

A “King” will be chosen (1st person to arrive will be the first King)

Anyone may put $1 on the line to enter a queue to challenge the King (Once in the queue you may not back out)

Kings put no money on the line only their title and pride.

Both players are defeated after 3 losses (thus the first set is a best of 5).

If the King defeats the challenger he wins the $1 and remains on the throne (stream) but the losses he acquired remain (battle wounds and such). This gives the next Challenger a better chance at becoming King.

EXAMPLE: Kels is the 1st King and Scythe is the first challenger. Kels defeats Scythe 3-2 and wins Scythe’s dollar. Next challenger in the queue is HarryTheChin. Thanks to Scythe’s efforts Harry only needs to win 1 match to dethrone Kels while Kels needs to beat Harry 3 times to win Harry’s dollar.

If the Challenger wins he keeps his $1 and becomes the new King. Losses acquired as a challenger DO NOT carry over when a new King is crowned. This means that all Kings must be defeated 3 times in order to be dethroned.

EXAMPLE CONTINUED: Harry is unable to defeat Kels even once and losses his dollar to Kels. Next challenger in the queue is Rat. Now Rat must attempt to win 1 match to dethrone Kels. Rat loses the first match to Kels but wins the next one, thus he doesn’t lose his dollar, Kels is dethroned, and Rat is the new king and must now lose 3 matches in order to lose his title.

This continues throughout the day! Will you usurp the throne or fall before the King’s blade?

***A true King can rule any kingdom thus each individual Challenger picks the game (melee, brawl, project m) they face the King in but the King picks the stage and the King picks his character AFTER the challenger.

In addition to our main event we will also have a raffle for 3 prizes!

Prizes are:
Prize 1: $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
Prize 2: 1 NEW Official Nintendo Gamecube Controller
Prize 3: 4 cases of Pineapple Crush

Everyone will receive 3 raffle tickets upon paying the venue fee.
2 additional tickets can be earned by bringing a setup.
Place side bets on stream matches or compete against others off stream in “Ticket Matches” to win their raffle tickets.

Raffle drawing will take place @ 10:00pm

You do not have to be present to win the raffle but you must claim your prize within 1 week of the drawing!

If you play Smash and are coming for hours upon hours of friendlies, the King of the Stream event, the cool raffle, or just because you had no Saturday plans, you’re sure to have a great time!

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
So it's kind of like a crew battle, but instead of a crew you're the king and instead of holding stocks you're holding losses. Neat.

SleepyTRex

Smash Cadet
lol Harry cannot defeat Kels haha Kels too good

Also I agree stringbad

#Harrytheballsack

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
All I wanna know is......when's MAHVEL? lol j/k, I really want know when is Show Me Your Moves though. Looking forward to that like last year.

Webs

Smash Cadet
pineapple crush is best crush, gotta go if for no other reason than a shot at those cases

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
im throwing all my money to the raffle for that crush!...i got pineapple crush johns for not having money to participate in king of the stream.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Wish I could go to this. I won't even be able to watch it since I'll be at work til 11.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
So who was the king of the stream/ won the raffle?
Kels for the most part LOL. I think he went like 42-2 during his run.

Rat won new GC ****-roller
Leo w/ dat amazonian card
and Moy with the best prize of all (4 cases of Pineapple Crush)!!

Webs

Smash Cadet

It should actually read 45-2, Oro was eating instead of changing the score while Kelly was bodying me. Scythe handed him both of his game losses lol

Top Bottom