• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite Taunts

Favorite Duck Hunt Taunts

• Total voters

ThePixelteer425

Smash Rookie
I'm posting this on all of my mains, I would like to know what your favorite taunts for Duck Hunt are. Actions that are aggrevating in nature, such as his down special, are welcome as well. I personally use his side taunt, due to its similarity to his original laugh.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I don't tend to taunt all that much while playing, but when I do it's always the down taunt (I think it's his down taunt anyway...)

It's real cute seeing a dog do a wee dance then get scolded by a duck.

I think the laugh is actually my least favorite, just 'cause I think Duck Hunts gumline is disturbing to look at. Put away those purly whites, pluz!

ThePixelteer425

Smash Rookie
I don't tend to taunt all that much while playing, but when I do it's always the down taunt (I think it's his down taunt anyway...)

It's real cute seeing a dog do a wee dance then get scolded by a duck.

I think the laugh is actually my least favorite, just 'cause I think Duck Hunts gumline is disturbing to look at. Put away those purly whites, pluz!
I think that's his up taunt. His teeth bother me too, but you can't go wrong with the classic

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I think that's his up taunt. His teeth bother me too, but you can't go wrong with the classic
Ah my bad! Never get those two right!

Ya certainly can't go wrong with a classic, but you can make it less distressing to look at! Hoo doggy!

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Definitely Down Taunt, for dat sweet backfeet-stand shimmy that actually looks pretty cool (even the sideways slobbering of the 4th wall if saliva was to be shown), and if you mute the music, those panting noises-- :shiro:

2nd up is Up Taunt, for both the dog's impressive handstanding-for-glory and the duck's scolding at the end sell this for me.:joyful:
It's not #1, because my muscle memory from the days of GC Nintendo Puzzle Collection's Panel De Pon & especially Yoshi's Cookie thinks that Up on :GCDpad: is farther away & less comfortable than Down on :GCDpad:.

Least fav is Side Taunt, because it doesn't have the signature NES laugh to go with it, plus it's the most commonly used/expected one. Also doggie, you don't have the swagger of Kim Kaphwan from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters to pull off the Colgate Smile without possibly earning yourself a scathing entry at TVTropes.org under the Nightmare Fuel section (I haven't checked that section as of the making of this post, but I'll be surprised if it's NOT there). It DOES have its uses, at least (like after gimping a Doc or Mac that doesn't wait until AFTER reaching the wall for the wall-jump to use Up B).

Honorable Mention (that I forgot to vote for Other to include this-- whoops) is the crawl, which I use to position myself at the edge of the stage with my back facing the blast zone. I also adore using the crawl after a moment like that of my avatar happens and I score the KO off of it (with something like DSmash, which lets me keep my low profile) immediately after said high-off-the-ground-power-KO move sails right over my head. :rotfl:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Side taunt for obvious reasons. If it is not that obvious to you, than I mean THE TOTAL NOSTALGIA! But this time instead of you not getting any ducks you did not get da kill!

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
Side taunt (simply because I think the laughter annoys the opponent, which sets them up nicely to aggressive tactics), but I also prefer the sitting dog taunt.

Basically, if you know your opponent isn't going to make it (EG Ganon, but it might just be a well timed can intercept), you about turn and sit there with back facing them. I can't remember what culture it's from, but to show someone your back is offensive because it shows you don't consider them a threat.

It's almost like you're just sitting down as if to say 'yeah, job done. Next!'.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I put other so I guess I should explain. I bring my shield up and put ti down over and over. It's so cute to see him put his hands over his eyes. Though of the actual taunts up taunt is my favorite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom