• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Ultimate Newcomer(s)?

Who's your favorite Ultimate newcomer(s)?

• Total voters

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
3zVMQ5o[1].jpg

[/SPOILER=picture of ultimate newcomers]

:ultinkling:Inkling
:ultdaisy:Daisy
:ultridley:Ridley
:ultsimon:Simon
:ultrichter:Ricther
:ultchrom:Chrom
:ultdarksamus:Dark Samus
:ultkrool:King K. Rool
:ultisabelle:Isabelle
:ultken:Ken
:ultincineroar:Incineroar
:ultpiranha:Piranha Plant
(NO STOCK ICON) Joker

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Inkling, Ridley, Dark Samus, Kink K. Rool, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant. Everyone else I would rather replace with another fighter.

Combew

Smash Rookie
I wasn't really extremely hyped for any of the newcomers, but I liked it when I saw Nintendo listen to the hundreds of players wanting Ridley and KKR to be in the game.

Also it's not really a newcomer, but I love that they brought every single character in Smash history back.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I like a lot of the newcomers in Ultimate but Isabelle is my personal favorite for being just as fun as her Mayor and filling the last gap of the eight dolls.

I also enjoy using Inkling as well and I'm glad my favorite shoto clone Ken Masters joined the roster even though I was expecting him.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I like them all but if I have to pick one, I'll go with either Chrom or Piranha Plant.

Can't wait to see who the other four will be.

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Simon Belmont is very iconic. I am glad that he finally made it to this game. Castlevania 4 is one of my absolute favorite games on SNES. Only downside is that its short but man did i have fun using that whip.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom, Isabelle, Simon, and K. Rool were the characters I was most excited for. But for my favorite over all? Chrom. No doubt about it.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sad how a clone of Roy, who's a clone of Marth, is considered the most hype Newcomer.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Yeah ive noticed. Maybe thats why Sakurai kept adding anime characters in Smash 4 that feels totally out of place, he added what people wanted.

I dont think he actually listens to people anymore, Simon Belmont is a huge surprise that came out of nowhere. Noone asked for him, yet, he feels more like a mascot that Smash needs than most of the anime fighters in the roster.

To me, Simon is like Captain Falcon. A good character forgotten, but revived to kick butt. This is what this game needs, mascots from old games.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda sad how a clone of Roy, who's a clone of Marth, is considered the most hype Newcomer.
It's almost like Chrom was and is a legitimately popular and well-liked character.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Well id gladly have the manliest man in anime history, Kintaro Oe added to the roster but thats the only anime character i can tolerate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The newcomers are going to be fun to play as when I am able to buy the game but my favorites are :ultdaisy::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultpiranha:. No real surprise, there; y'all likely saw my signature.

Sayonara :kirby:

D

Deleted member

You know what it's like to be completely blindsided? How you deemed something was incredibly unlikely or even impossible, but you would love for it to happen?
If I had to choose one newcomer, just one... my favorite is easily Joker and we haven't seen gameplay of him yet. I'm still in shock over this announcement that I have to check multiple times a day to make sure it's real.

Shoutouts to King K. Rool though. He's immensely fun.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Not sure I understand how one could evaluate a character that's not even in the game yet... let alone one that hasn't even been shown at all in the game as their favorite. I vote for DLC Fighter Pass Character #2 cause they're literally the best and make all these other characters look like silly additions.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Not sure I understand how one could evaluate a character that's not even in the game yet... let alone one that hasn't even been shown at all in the game as their favorite. I vote for DLC Fighter Pass Character #2 cause they're literally the best and make all these other characters look like silly additions.
I can understand it. If they announced Rayman as a DLC character, I would already be 100% all in on maining him. He'd be my favorite no matter what. It's that personal connection that I feel makes up 99% of why Smash is so special--if I didn't know who King K Rool was, I'd see him and think "hm, a crocodile with a gun, that's funny." But since I had that personal connection, it was so much more impactful. Sometimes it's so strong that the moveset doesn't even matter.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
1. :ultinkling: She may have been a no brainer adition to the roster but still remains to be the newcommer I'm most excited to see in the game. (I admit it... I'm not too great with Inkling... yet. After I feel like I'm at a high enough "level of play" with :ultsnake: and :ultpokemontrainer: she's who I'll practice with next)
2. :ultincineroar: He's just so much fun to play as
3. :ultpiranha: I have no idea what it is about this character but it hypes me up.
4. :ultkrool:
5. :ultridley: After all these years he's finally in....
6. :ultken: I don't play him but all the differences between him and :ultryu: just makes me enjoy his inclusion... for some reason.
7. :ultdarksamus: I still prefer playing regular :ultsamus: but Dark Samus is pretty cool.
8. (Joker) Honestly, don't know why I rank this character so low... I loved Persona 5. I feel hype for the music being added but not Joker. It might just be that I haven't seen any gameplay of him yet. Guess time will tell if I change my mind.
9. :ultisabelle: I may have put her low on the list but I do enjoy her inclusion... just not enough to get around to playing her seriously yet.
10. :ultsimon: I just... don't know the character that well and he doesn't fit my playstyle either
11. :ultdaisy: I enjoy her personality and nothing else
12. :ultchrom: he's an amazing character but... we already have 3 other fighters that use pretty much the same moveset.
13.:ultrichter:

Last edited:
Top Bottom