• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite thing about Smash 4?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Self explanatory. What's your favorite thing about Smash 4? Mines chocolate. I mean custom moves.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can't pick an absolute favourite, so I'mma just write up everything I'm a fan of:

- Character roster (:4palutena: yea boi)
- Custom moves
- Stage selection
- Soundtrack
- HD effects
- Online multiplayer

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Custom moves, sound tracks, the inclusion of :4drmario:, and the new ledge mechanics (let the flame war commence) are some of my favorite things about the new Smash.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
I love the new options available because of the new ledge mechanics! Ledge-trumping aerial wars are epic to watch.

CleanOgre

Smash Cadet
NNID
CleanOgre
Other than the new ledge mechanics, the removal of chain grabs is a plus.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
-:rosalina: in HD (hell yeah, *******)
-The sound effect it makes when you spike.
-Stage selection
-Sound track (Mario Galaxy music FTW)
-Special Orders
-Custom moves

Zaabrey

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, here's mine!

-Trophy Rush
-8 Player Smash (Now the losers don't have to give up their controller)
-Custom moves (let the craziness begin)
-Special Orders
-:4feroy: /Heart
-The removal of characters tripping mid-fight...

Last edited:

BMK

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beerian
The game in general is not super intense most of the time. Can kind of just relax while playing.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Rage and ledge trumping. Really changes the dynamics of match yet keeps the game fair.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Favorite addition is 8 player smash... opens a lot of chaotic fun that wasn't possible before.

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Epic roster (pls call me when you see :4mario::4megaman::4pacman::4sonic::4ryu::4shulk: together in the same game)
New ledge mechanics (:4bowser::4dk::4ganondorf::4falcon: are thankfull, among others)
Music.
Perfect balance between Melee and Brawl speed, tending a little bit more to the speed.
Online.
Balance changes. Patchs.
Bull**** tripping and chain grabbing gone.
Spike sound (orgasm)
95% of the roster is really enjoyable to watch when played well.
DLC characters.:4lucas::4feroy::4mewtwo::4ryu:
Separating :4zelda:,:4sheik:,:4samus:,:4zss:.
Really active and enjoyable competitive scene. The game is young, and still has to evolve a lot. Which is really cool to watch.
Did I mention the epic roster and the newcomers tho?:4greninja::4robinm::4shulk::rosalina::4pacman:...

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Ganon buffs, Mega Man, Ryu, return of Mewtwo, better online play

EDIT: And balance patches! Thanks to the guy below me

Last edited:

Nanlo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoshi4Lyfe
Yoshi buffs

DLC Characters and stages

And spikes seem more satisfying

Psyf3rn

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheTeoSaur29
Smash 4 is on eof my favorite games since it came out and there is sooo much I love about it. So...

-The music is godlike
-The game looks beautiful
-Every single one of the stages is either well designed, fun to play on or aesthetically pleasing
-The character roster is HUGE and every single character has something going for them (even the clones are cool)
-There are so many different modes to play that you will never get bored
-CUSTOM CHARCTERS! You can change special moves, give them different statbonuses and perks with equipment, amd create a Mii fighter, along with making it looks however you want with headgear and armor
-The amount of things to unlock in this game is staggering, with all the unlockable characters, stages, custom moves, trophies, equipment, Mii gear, milestones and there might be more that I forgot about
-The online is actually good!

Now to my favorite part of the game, the fighting!
-95% of the characters are fun to play, my favorites/mains being :4fox:,:4falco:,and :4falcon:
-The matches are really dynamic with rage and ledge trumping
-The removal of really dumb things like tripping
-I like the pace of the matches, and how they can be both slow and deliberate, while being fast paced and intense at the same time
-There are so many options with eight player smash, special smash, and all the items, characters and stages

Sorry if the post was long, I just really like Smash 4 :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If I had to make a top 5:

1. Even with more patches on the way, this is arguably the most balanced Smash game to date.
2. Online is actually playable this time around and not complete garbage like Brawl's was.
3. Tons of new, unique playstyles, never before seen in Smash.
4. DLC keeps the game fresh.
5. As always, fantastic soundtrack.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
My absolute favourite thing is custom moves, even if I barely got any of them, but just their very existence makes me giddy.

D

Deleted member

-Decent online mode
-Roster
-Most balanced game + Patches
-No tripping
-DLC
-Art style (my favorite among all the Smash games)
-:4mewtwo:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
  1. Villager (turnip dress) and Rosalina & Luma, roster in general is also diverse and relatively balanced.
  2. The Wii U game's soundtrack (Style Savvy theme, Bubblegum K.K., Gerudo Valley, Smiles and Tears, and Mission Mode plus a bunch more standouts).
  3. The 3DS game's stage selection.
  4. Smash Run.
  5. Online play (with friends).
I think 8 player smash deserves an honorable mention too. I'm also a fan of how you can choose any costume color you want in team smash, regardless of your team color. I know that's a small change, but I think it's a nice one, especially given the introduction of the Alph and the Koopalings alts and the addition of more "special" costumes like fierce deity Link, trunks Shulk, and American Mario.

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I like how you don't get invincibility when re-grabbing the ledge... It really looked OP in melee and Project M...

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
the great online multiplayer and the gameplay mix between melle brawl and its own original style

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
-Crazy Orders
-Classic Mode
-Training Mode (I really like training mode)
-The New Stage Builder (As hard as it may be sometimes to create stages, I feel that in the end, it's worth it)
-New mechanics
-Dynamic Attacks/Upgraded Visual Effects (I really like these)
-The wide variety of characters and stages, as well as the return of some characters and stages that haven't seen the light of Smash in years (Roy, Mewtwo, The four 64 stages)
-The Paint Function
-The fact that the camera zooms in REALLY FAR and can turn really wide on some stages. (Final Destination, Kalos League)
-Replays no longer having a time limit
-The bigger list of songs (SO MANY)
-The wider variety of trophies.
-Water without any ice, jumping into light fierce, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand dirt.:troll:
-The fact that there are at least 8 colors for every character.
-8-player Smash
-the return of special smash (And the added features to it)
-The new items
-The new SFX
-The new moves
-The fact that there are 2 versions, one for Wii U and 3DS
-And a LOT more.

Super Ocebe

Smash Cadet
NNID
EckartGreiner
Favorite addition is 8 player smash... opens a lot of chaotic fun that wasn't possible before.
8 player smash is alright i believe, not a game changer (or whatever you call it). I already own 4 controller and i think thats enough for the time being. ^-^ Sadly no online, i would love lagging 7 other players to death.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Like many, I started off from Brawl, so this list relates back to it:

Biggest ones: No more random tripping, ledge hogging and chain grabbing, SSB4's main menu BGM.

Secondaries: Better online, I can do 1v1 no items without having to do settings, plenty of flat stages (omega).

Tertiaries: No more transforming moves and their replacement moves, Gaur Plains and Light Plane (Vocal Mix) BGM, and Lucina's up taunt.

Top Bottom