• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite taunt?

caneut

Smash Ace
After massive hours of smash being played, I'm sure we've all come up with a few taunts that are a little different than your standard L Pose. Describe your favorite taunt! This could be a different move, a tech skill, a dance all over the stage, w/e.

When I get a good combo that ends with usmash with fox, I always sweep where the usmashed gets ko'd with dtilt from both sides, as to "sweep for the floor."

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i teleport usmash with samus, or shoot a full charge shot and recharge

to display my alpha jeans

caneut

Smash Ace
Alright. (pwned)

There is already a taunt discussion thread.

Edit: Okay the other one is kinda old, I accept leaving this one open.
That thread was literally about taunts, this thread is about different taunts, such as my sweep the floor taunt. Another one I do is with falcon, I just do a short hop down-b, as that move is pretty useless and it looks cool.

Shears

Smash Master
I always sweep where the usmashed gets ko'd with dtilt from both sides, as to "sweep for the floor."
I always do the same thing with pika! I just dtilt after any ko not necessarily usmash. I usually dash dance a little after too because who doesn't like to bust a move?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I usually just DJC d-air since it looks funny (or DJC n-air) as Falcon i dash dance or short hop f-air a lot

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Kirby: Duck down a bunch of times; Jump in the air and perform his up-A attack (the ninja star looking one)

Samus: Walk toward the edge until she starts leaning Michael Jackson style

Jigglypuff: Sing

Link: Throw bomb in the air and flip away; pogo Dairs

DK: Down B. Ground bongos FTW.

Luigi: Down B in the air.

Mario: Rolling backwards at the edge of a stage. Sometimes he floats or grows.

Ness: Spam his downward kicks. The one in the air and on the ground; spam his up tilt.

Yoshi: Roll around. The Egg shield is taunt-ish as is.

Captain Falcon: Taunt. Can't think of anything better lol.

Pikachu: Up-B around the stage; PIKA, PIKA, PIKA (spam down-B thundercloud)

Fox: Run back and forth really fast.

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
The best taunt is to be super technical and pretend to be vulnerable and shield just in time next to a ledge as a trap.

Or just grab the ledge as late as possible before they can hit you from their respawn. It's a great way to run out invincibility frames and your opponents will get super butthurt over it and call you try hard. In this case it's a super effective taunt.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
On the rare occasion I actually KO someone with Link I would scream TOUCHDOWN! and pull out a bomb and throw it straight down on the ground.

No jumps, just blowing my self up like a boss

caneut

Smash Ace
Another one I like to do, if I'm about to ledge grab to edgehog a kill, I'll start like, in the middle of DL and do like a summersault by doing 3 short back hops, looks pretty cool like gymnastics with fox.

caneut

Smash Ace
throw 15 fireballs [edit] as i hit the blunt [edit]
Blunts and smash are dumb. You're wasting so much weed just burning while not smoking bro. Smash and a bowl is the greatest thing ever.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
i think this became a favourite strain post just now

[edit] I'm joking obviously, but really, who ****in cares. I was trolling from the get go. [/edit]

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
as puff i like to jump and pound over and over again just barely off the ground using all my jumps. tis fun.

kirby looks pretty funny if you repeatedly turn around in place, it's like kirby's dancing

i think this became a favourite strain post just now

[edit] I'm joking obviously, but really, who ****in cares. I was trolling from the get go. [/edit]
yo its duncs! hi there

Last edited:

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Luigi: Down B
Mario: Down B
DK: Down B or Up Smash
Link: Spam Bombs
Samus: Up Smash
Captain Falcon: Falcon Kick/Falcon Punch/Dash Dance
Ness: DJC Down Airs as fast as possible
Yoshi: Down Tilt or DJC fast
Kirby: Chill as a rock or spam rock
Fox: Spam Shines and/or Lasers
Pikachu: Thunder
Jigglypuff: Sing

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Taunt Cancel with Yoshi while keeping full momentum when approaching opponent? Knite has seen it :D

Cestus

Smash Cadet
My favorite "taunt" was last night against Mariguas. He killed me off the top as Kirby and did PERFECT Dash-pivot-Utilts across the entirety of Congo. I wasn't even mad, wholly impressed.

As a favorite taunt that I am ABLE to do, I am partial to the classic Falcon platform taunt-cancelling. SHOW M- SHOW M- SHOW M- SHOW M- SHOW M- SHOW M- SHOW M- SHOW ME your MOVES! Never gets old.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Shine walking is pretty cool and spamming Ness's d-tilt or Link's and Ness's ducking is a good way to tea-bag someone. I also like to taunt and then do a dash turnaround taunt in the other direction. Mejor

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
DKs downB followed by a mighty clap over his head.

Last edited:
Top Bottom