• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Series in Smash and Why?

1FC0

Smash Lord
He knows that.
But he he listed Captain Falcon while talking about Fire Emblem so I am just pointing it out because for a second there it looked like he thought that Captain Falcon was from Fire Emblem but Captain Falcon is not from Fire Emblem but from F-Zero.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
It's not so much a 'series,' but Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite game of all time, perhaps with the exception of Smash.

Sonic and Pokemon are a close second and third. I've actually never played most of the series represented in Smash, but I'm working on fixing that.

Last edited:

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
:4mario: and :4luigi:is a very good series that I enjoy a lot. As well as :4zelda: and :4dk:
Mario and Luigi as well as paper mario are my favourite rpgs because their battle systems are unique and I find it more enjoyable, Zelda is zelda (plus the glitches are fantastic) and donkey Kong because I used to play dk64 a lot as a kid and speedrun it now and the donkey kong country series is amazing

Last edited:

SlickSnorlax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Persei
3DS FC
4699-5385-1643
But he he listed Captain Falcon while talking about Fire Emblem so I am just pointing it out because for a second there it looked like he thought that Captain Falcon was from Fire Emblem but Captain Falcon is not from Fire Emblem but from F-Zero.
Like I said. He knows that. He put him in there as a joke.

Lord Sturm

Smash Rookie
My favorite smash bros is melee because i growed up with this game and played it alot. i did everthing to reach the 100% :) but i also enjoy the other ones like brawl und smash 4

1FC0

Smash Lord
It was clearly a joke dude.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Captain_Falcon
Captain Falcon (キャプテン・ファルコン, Captain Falcon), full name "Douglas Jay Falcon", is the main playable racer from the F-Zero series of futuristic Nintendo racing games and is the mascot of the franchise.
I am not joking Captain Falcon is not part of the Fire Emblem series. Just because he got revealed with them Fire Emblem character does not make him Fire Emblem too!

iNSANE

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNSANEwOw
I like :4pikachu:Pokemon and :4samus:Metroid a lot.
Also I really enjoyed some of the :4tlink:Zelda games. :4mario:Mario is also a classic I loved Mario 64.
Apart from that I always wanted to get into :4fox:Starfox and :4ryu:StreetFighter.
Don't like :4wiifit: for obvious reasons and also not a fan of the 3D :4sonic: Sonic games.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Hard to pick, but I'd say Zelda, followed by Mega Man and Pokemon.

I like Zelda because I pretty much grew up with it watching my brothers play OoT, Wind Waker, Minnish Cap, and TP, before I finished OoT and Minnish Cap myself, and then started TP. It was /extremely/ satisfying beating OoT and MC as a kid, it was unbelievable lol. I loved the series ever since.

Mega Man is also a childhood series, starting out with the MMX series then playing a bit of classic MM and MMZ.

Same goes to Pokemon, starting out with messing around with my older brother's Silver cartridge, then playing my own Sapphire version and moving to Diamond, SoulSilver, Black, X, and Alpha Sapphire. It's a series I'm still playing with (and I play it competitively) although I got pretty bored of it.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
If you haven't played :4shulk:and can actually find a copy, definitely get it. It's awesome. I was so excited when he was announced for Smash. I'm not a fan of him in Smash though, sadly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

@ SlickSnorlax SlickSnorlax @ ELITEWarri0r115 ELITEWarri0r115 It's not even worth arguing over at this point. I'm glad you guys got the joke, but this guy isn't gonna figure it out anytime soon, if ever. Appreciate the effort you put into this lost cause though.

D

Deleted member

I really enjoy Pokemon. I've been playing it for years and I play it competitively as well.

Mario is the first game I've played and is very memorable.

I like the Kirby series a lot too. It's also one of the first games I've played and the characters are very appealing with nice gameplay. The early Kirby games can be surprisingly difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:4littlemac: Punch Out! is one of the only 2 videogame franchises that I like over SSB. So that's saying a lot. It's the classic story of a humble nobody that rises up to become a champion, beating opponents much bigger and much stronger than him.
In Smash Bros, Little Mac got a LOT of love. His costumes all represent the different colors he wears through the different boxing Circuits. He has his pink training suit, and a wireframe version of every color for those who dig the more retro arcade look. Moveset wise, he's as close to what a real boxer would be like in smash.
And most importantly, Punch Out! is a game about predicting and reacting, and this translated rather well to his play style in Smash Bros.
Representation Rate: 9/10 (I still don't think he's properly balanced. His shortcomings are much more glaring than his advantages, imo)

:4megaman: One of my 2 favorite platofmer series in my favorite (platforming) fighting game. This one's a no brainer. I've loved Megaman since I was like 5... or less. I'm so happy he's in. His moveset was represented extremely well. I would have loved his pellets to travel farther, but that would probably break him as a character.
Representation Rate: 9/10 (I'll never get over the fact that you can't charge the Buster Cannon while you run or jump).

:4sonic: The other of my 2 favorite platformer series. I disliked what was done to him in P:M, but luckily, my prayers were answered when Sonic was back as a buffed version of his Brawl self. Not only that, but his model is actually NICE to look at this time. (Side-mouth forever). I like how his moves still look a lot a lot like those of his first fighting game Sonic the Fighters.
Representation Rate: 10/10

:pt: I loved this character too much. I was a big fan of Gen 1 and 2 back in the day, and this fighter was the PERFECT representation of being a Pokemon Trainer in Smash Bros.... Unfortunately, that was precisely his problem. In order to emphasize switching, they gave :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard: a "timer" which would make them weak overtime. Meaning that if you didn't switch, you're basically STRUGGLING by playing handicapped until you do (which allows a free hit to your opponent)
By the way, I still think SSB4 Charizard has nothing on Brawl Charizard.
Representation Rate: 11/10

:samus2: Looks cool, has great attacks, and I like that you have to play creatively to be deadly. This is a character I always learn to play in every smash game ever since I started liking the Metroid series.
Unfortunately, I don't think her representation is too good. Her arsenal has only superficial similarities to that of her game. Even her Custom Moves are nothing like her missiles/charge shots in Metroid.
And although I'm a Metroid fan, I think all that it's needed is her. Not sure this was needed though:4zss: but I have mixed feeling about her. Although Dark Samus would have been a better clone option than...:4drmario: (I know they're technically different, but they can share most animations, while making projectiles different).
Representation Rate: 5/10

ChaikaBestGirl

Smash Journeyman
NNID
digdugfury
:4samus:Super Metroid and Metroid Prime were my jam when I was growing up
:4olimar:Was like baby's first RTS but it was really fun
:4link:This is still my favorite game series ever, although I despise Link and Zelda I love the games
:4falcon:I always preferred this over Mario Kart
:4villager:This game literally taught me how to read

Raythegamer

Smash Cadet
NNID
StrikerZ
3DS FC
1864-9222-9909
I'm a fan of Sonic:4sonic:,but Sonic Boom was just crap.

I also like Mario:4mario: and Luigi:4luigi:.

For Pokemon,they're pretty good.My two favorite Pokemon in ssb4 is Charizard:4charizard: and Lucario:4lucario:.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Fire Emblem has been my favorite game series - period - for a very long time now. I really like the military tactical genre (FF tactics, Advance Wars, Total War) but Fire Emblem's plot - good lord - every single game in the series drives me nuts with the story. I've played each English game in the series (plus Sealed Sword) multiple times and I notice little story devices that I didn't even realize were there the first three times I went through. I just finished a third playthrough of Radiant Dawn a few days ago and I literally forgot how many freaking twists they throw at you throughout the endgame. That and the character development - I have yet to play another game with 20+ well developed characters. Best series of all time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
:4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4feroy: Fire Emblem FTW!
:4charizard::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pikachu:I love Pokemon.
:4falco::4fox:Love Star Fox
:4samus::4zss:Metroid too.
:4ganondorf::4link::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda:Zelda is not bad
:4lucas::4ness:I like Earthbound

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
:4myfriends::4feroy::4falcon::4robinm::4marth::4lucina:
Fire Emblem all the way. =P
Except for the Falcon.
It's a joke since he was in the same reveal trailer as the FE characters.
Yeah but he is not Fire Emblem he has his own series called F-Zero.
He knows that.
Like I said. He knows that. He put him in there as a joke.
But his joke was incorrect because Captain Falcon is not from the Fire Emblem series.
Are you familiar with the concept of a joke?
I am not joking! Look it up if you do not believe me.
It was clearly a joke dude.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Captain_Falcon

I am not joking Captain Falcon is not part of the Fire Emblem series. Just because he got revealed with them Fire Emblem character does not make him Fire Emblem too!
Does it look like I DON'T know? don't be so serious over a tiny detail.
Dude, nobody said Captain Falcon was a Fire Emblem character.
I am not angry I am just saying how it is because you guys got it wrong.
@ SlickSnorlax SlickSnorlax @ ELITEWarri0r115 ELITEWarri0r115 It's not even worth arguing over at this point. I'm glad you guys got the joke, but this guy isn't gonna figure it out anytime soon, if ever. Appreciate the effort you put into this lost cause though.
It is not worth arguing about because I am right.
Alright, which one of you ****ers stole the Super Happy Tree, because I need to get it back so this ****fest doesn't start up again because someone doesn't god damn know how a Joke works :4yoshi:
This is a joke too, if you didn't notice. :drshrug:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Alright, which one of you ****ers stole the Super Happy Tree, because I need to get it back so this ****fest doesn't start up again because someone doesn't god damn know how a Joke works :4yoshi:
Ah, the argument goes on... I agree with you. (♫memoriiieeeeeesssss♫)

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I was not joking since Falcon really is not part of the Fire Emblem series so how is knowing how a joke works relevant?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was not joking since Falcon really is not part of the Fire Emblem series so how is knowing how a joke works relevant?
I'm just gonna take this as troll fishing now...
This charade has gone on way too long for you to not be doing it purposely.

Last edited:

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Well this thread turned out to be a lot of fun.....

Anyway.... back on topic here's mine

LoZ - :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:

Super Mario series - :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4feroy::4ludwig: ( Also technically :4wario2: my favourite Mario series character and husbando)

Pokemon - :4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo:

All series which I have fond memories playing throughout my childhood, All that nostalgia in one place makes me really happy :happysheep:

Top Bottom