• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Series in Smash and Why?

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Legend of Zelda series: Played them since forever. Even in Smash, all the characters are somewhat unique and have their own playstyle.

Fire Emblem series: Have really only played Awakening, getting into the older ones, and I really enjoy the characters they bring to Smash. Even though Marth, Lucina, and Roy play almost the exact same, they still are fun to use and make great additions to the roster in my opinion. Ike is also really fun to use if I'm in the mood for a power character and not a speed character.

Pokemon series: Played these games since forever as well. The amount of potential for this series is Smash is great. I really hope they add some moire DLC characters from this series, as Zoroark, Feraligatr, and maybe the other Kalos starters.

Last but not least: Kid Icarus. I've played all three games in the series, enjoyed them all, and they have a lot of interesting characters. I would like it if this series got at least on more character in Smash, though, because Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena are just the start of the interesting characters they could add. I wouldn't be opposed to having maybe Phosphora (although she is an assist trophy), the unnamed fighter from multiplayer, or Pandora/Amazon Pandora.

Honorable mentions include the Sonic series (I think the warehog would be fun to use in Smash), the Mario series, and the Street Fighter series.

Morbi

Scavenger
:linkmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee:: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time was the first video-game that I beat and to this day, it is perhaps my favorite. Majora's Mask also holds some significance to my childhood. I used to main every single Legend of Zelda character until the series stagnated for me. Link was essentially the only character that I played in Smash 64 and Melee until I started playing more competitively.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Pokémon is my favorite series. I love the fact that there are so many different creatures that you can interact with along with different regions with a huge variety of environments. I also love the little things as well, such as Trainer Customization, Soaring, DexNav, and item hunting with the ItemFinder. My biggest gripe with the series however, and it isn't really the fault of the games themselves, is that Gamefreak gives certain Pokémon such as Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Blaziken, and Lucario way too much promotion. I mean, there are OVER 700 POKEMON that exist now, yet GF keeps advertising and hyping the same ones over and over? I also greatly dislike the "fans" that praise Gen 1 like it was the best thing ever while bashing newer Pokémon. I do love Pokémon, but I rarely ever find myself playing as any of the Pokémon in Smash because I don't really like any of them. However, I do love the fact that the makers of Smash put so much detail into the Pokeball Pokémon. The Pokeballs are my favorite item in Smash by far, and I love playing matches with just that one item on.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Pokémon is my favorite series. I love the fact that there are so many different creatures that you can interact with along with different regions with a huge variety of environments. I also love the little things as well, such as Trainer Customization, Soaring, DexNav, and item hunting with the ItemFinder. My biggest gripe with the series however, and it isn't really the fault of the games themselves, is that Gamefreak gives certain Pokémon such as Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Blaziken, and Lucario way too much promotion. I mean, there are OVER 700 POKEMON that exist now, yet GF keeps advertising and hyping the same ones over and over? I also greatly dislike the "fans" that praise Gen 1 like it was the best thing ever while bashing newer Pokémon. I do love Pokémon, but I rarely ever find myself playing as any of the Pokémon in Smash because I don't really like any of them. However, I do love the fact that the makers of Smash put so much detail into the Pokeball Pokémon. The Pokeballs are my favorite item in Smash by far, and I love playing matches with just that one item on.
The Gen 1 has good designs (like the Starters, Mewtwo, etc) and also has bad design (Muk, Voltorb, etc) like all the generations... Is just nostalgia :p

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Mine would have to be :4mario:because I have played his games since I was 3 and still love them to this day.

Top Bottom