• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite R.O.B Move?

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
Which move of R.O.B's main moveset (that means no custom moves) do you find to be your favorite? Mine in his down air, because it feels so satisfying when I blast opponents off in the bottom blastline, especially when they're at low percentages.

:4rob::4rob::4rob::4rob::4rob::4rob::4rob::4rob:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
There's really not a move on the robot that I don't have a ton of fun throwing out in the middle of a match, but my favorite would definitely be his Gyro. It's like I always say, the character's only top tier if they have a top.:yeahboi:
not sorry

Razorninja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Razorninja
3DS FC
4098-2412-1493
Switch FC
2785-7286-3012
Either B-air or D-air, because nothing is more satisfying than seeing a booster to the face and watching your opponent get launched to their doom.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
The Gyro is my favorite move. It is very fun to use and very versatile. I love shooting it, I love spamming it if they keep shielding it, I love throwing it, I love dropping it on opponents to gimp them, I love doing Gyro Aerials by Z-Dropping the Gyro and then recatching it, I love charging the Gyro, I love bouncing it on wall edges and then catching it, I love using it as a trap by letting it spin at the edge of the stage while the opponent is trying to recover, I love Gyro Csnceling, and I love using it in combo's. The Gyro is probably my favorite move in the game.

I also like the laser , his Nair, and his Dtilt a lot.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Gyro, definitely, it's like R.O.B.'s iconic move and comes from his associated game Gyromite.

My only wish was that he had his Stackup Blocks! Side Special tossing out a 5% damaging low-knockback attack that stays on Stage and trips people when they step on it would have been so much better than what he was introduced with (Brawl's F-spec Arm Rotor, gag!).

I also thought he could have used the NES Zapper instead of having beams shoot out his eyes since it's kind of scary to think that you are playing NES with a toy robot that is probably giving you cancer from the IR beams shooting out of his eye sockets, lol.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
I love the massive hitbox on the up air, and that it's an easy KO move.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
robot's moveset is all very satisfying, but i'd say down-smash is my favorite, it feels really good and really rewarding, and it catches rolls without failing to be your best smash attack regardless.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
robot's moveset is all very satisfying, but i'd say down-smash is my favorite, it feels really good and really rewarding, and it catches rolls without failing to be your best smash attack regardless.
I like how it rolls the dice and decides the direction it sends them from that.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
I would definitely say my favorite move is either U-air or D-air. U-air is just so satisfying to connect it with D-grab especially the animation seeing R.O.B. flailing his arms. D-air is also amazingly satisfying when you pull it of and feels so rewarding. Also the spike sound effect is icing to this already amazing cake. :4rob:

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
I like the dreidel beyblade top gyro as well as his nair. Like Razorninja said his back air is also fun because you get to give your opponents a blaster to the face.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Gyro of course what more could you want? Gyro is just the bees knees my only complaint is I feel it shouldn't be catchable when you shoot it out but it isn't that big of a deal usually.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I really like side-B, F-smash and dair. watching ROB spin back and forth looks really silly during side-b. F-smash not only shoots a concentrated laser, but his head spins Poltergeist style. And dair? Self-explanatory

1FC0

Smash Lord
I like how it rolls the dice and decides the direction it sends them from that.
I dislike that about the move because launching the opponent to the wrong side when trying to kill with it feels like a a race condition turning out the wrong order. I could miss the randomness like I could miss a scratch on my Gyro.

Actually I had no record of the randomness of the move and considered sending a query about it. If it really is random than it should be patched so that it may be controlled by R.O.B.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
I don't think down smash is really random. I was just making a joke about how hard it is to launch them in the right direction.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Gyro, definitely, it's like R.O.B.'s iconic move and comes from his associated game Gyromite.

My only wish was that he had his Stackup Blocks!
I'm no Sm4sh devteam member but I always thought adding stack-up blocks to his smashes would be really cool. Not much would need to be done to their current animations, but as you charge the little cylinders fall into place. An uncharged smash would have no blocks, of course. When you release the smash, all the blocks fly out and do extra hits!

1FC0

Smash Lord
I'm no Sm4sh devteam member but I always thought adding stack-up blocks to his smashes would be really cool. Not much would need to be done to their current animations, but as you charge the little cylinders fall into place. An uncharged smash would have no blocks, of course. When you release the smash, all the blocks fly out and do extra hits!
I would prefer replacing his B> with Stack-Up and making the tower of blocks reflect and throwable. And offcourse making it chargeable like the Gyro is.

Informant

Smash Apprentice
California....just like every one else silly!
NNID
edpuga
3DS FC
1908-1488-2162
Switch FC
SW-1389-3088-9205
F tilt used to be my favorite move of any Smash game until its range got nerfed in this one :( now our advantage against some characters is gone and even Dtilt is a better option in most cases

1FC0

Smash Lord
Ftilt was amazing it even had more range than all Marths moves except for Shield Breaker!

Top Bottom