• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Newcomer in Ultimate?

ProbablyOswald

Smash Rookie
I was pretty hyped when Inkling was announced. I love Splatoon and Spla2n and while I don’t play them as often as I did a while ago, they’re still one of my favorite WiiU and Switch titles respectively. Around the Sm4sh era when waves of DLC were coming in, the Inklings never got their chance to shine, so I was a little disappointed. Seeing them in the new Smash game got me pretty excited. While I don’t main Inkling, it’s still nice to see my dream of 3 years come true.

Incineroar was an unexpected appearance, but I enjoy him nonetheless. His whole “macho wrestler” look makes him fit pretty nicely in a game like Smash. He’s also pretty fun to play and I’ll sometimes take him out when I’m playing with friends.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Its Ridley, K. Rool or Piranha Plant.

They all have exciting aesthetics.

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool :ultkrool: is my favorite newcomer in this game.

Not all DLC fighters have been released (only Piranha Plant and Joker so far), so there may be a fighter released in the future that I may like more (but unlikely).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:ultridley: Big boy.

I like Ultimate's newcomer cast a lot in general, in free for alls and friendlies I'll gladly play as any one of them (except Ken), for me it's such a huge improvement on the Smash 4 newcomer roster where I didn't want to play as any of them except Lucina, who's just a clone.

GhostM

Phantom
In this case, I would say Ridley :ultridley: because he’s been a character that has been requested and favored for ever since the introduction of Melee during the scene where Samus and Ridley fight each other. I was very surprised when he was added in the game, as Sakurai rejected him in the past for being too big.

In all honesty I enjoy all of Ultimates newcomers and I’ll gladly play as them. I feel like there’s more variety here then there was in Smash 4, as I didn’t really have a feel for any of the newcomers.

Top Bottom