• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Matchups

Runt

Smash Journeyman
Right now im just bored and curious. So, as a Kirby player what are your favorite matchups?

To be honest I like to play against Fox and Marth (im not talking about M2K or Ken even though it will be cool to play them) . Ive played these matches so often that ive gotten used to them and they are easier for me. Plus playing fox seems to make me faster. And when you win, the look on their face is priceless. You can tell either he or she is thinking "how did i lose to Kirby.":confused:

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Only started playing kirby today, but ganon has been my favorite match up. I dont see how you are able to kill a marth or a fox with their high prioty.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
I love fighting falco because he's easy to edge guard and his lasers are sweet with kirby. I also like capatin falcon and sheik because of being able to crouch under half of their attacks (:

Runt, how the hell do you fight marth with kirby? haha, I try to avoid fighting marth all the time with kirby, because its hard to get within his tipping sword range (for me anyways.)

My friend mains marth and its really hard to avoid a back wd to f smash. I play him all the time but i always get 1 or 2 stocked (usually 2 stocked) and its hard to kirbycide with that sword range...

Runt

Smash Journeyman
Runt, how the hell do you fight marth with kirby? haha, I try to avoid fighting marth all the time with kirby, because its hard to get within his tipping sword range (for me anyways.)
I dont know, I never said it was easy i just said i like playing the matches. I noticed marths like to stay near the edge with me, b-throw and f-smash. So i kinda do the same to them. Stay near the edge, b-throw and 2 or 3 b-airs lol.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I enjoy Fox and Marths because they're challenging... well, the good Foxes and Marths. The bad Foxes and Marths are fun, too, because they can be combo'd/edge-guarded for easy wins.

In general, any character is fun to play against Kirby if the opponent doesn't know what to do against a Kirby. Especially Falcon, Ganon, Mewtwo, Bowser, Sheik, Roy and Ice Climbers since they fall prey to Kirby's attacks readily.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have a favorite match-up, come to think of it... they're all the same to me. However, the person (player) I play against is a different story. If they start getting all mad and crap, then that makes the game a lot more fun. I also like playing friends just so that I can give out layers and layers of baseless smack-talk and not worry about it being serious.

M----

Smash Rookie
i like playing foxes and Cfalcons. fox is challenging and Cfalcon is fun and easy. i still cant play against marths but im coming up with new tactics to avoid that lond sword,

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Bowser. He's slow, powerful, and can hurt you with the fortress, but he's easily daired.

I also like playing against Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Mewtwo, Roy, Link, and Zelda/Sheik.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
DK huh? I'd bet my bank account my DK would beat your Kirby. That's a pretty even match-up to begin with... not that that has anything to do with how much you enjoy something.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I have no doubt in my mind you'd beat my Kirby. I know a fair bit about smash, but I'm certainly not one of the better players. Meaning the bulk of my posts are based of theory alone.

Sad, but true. ._.

Anyway, most of those characters are ones that my frineds play, and I always have interesting matches, especially with Aaron [DK user], and Evan [Yoshi].

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Gotta be Ganon. Can duck a lot of his attacks, easy to B-air chain, easy to D-tilt edgeguard.

Also anyone mid-top tier. Because if you win, it is often shameful to the opponent.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Anyone, pretty much.

Since when they lose, they look at themselves and say, "How the **** did that happen?"

SW_BoD

Smash Cadet
^ NO! KIRBY'S BETTER!!!!(/finishd with the noobishness)

I, for some reason, Like to fight Doc....

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i find that playing DKs and ganons anr the funnest, but anyone else is fun aswell

jazblack009

Smash Ace
t!mmy nailed it, a favourite matchup for me is someone who doesn't know how to fight a kirby, especially if they have some nice items to take e.g doc, shiek, Ylink, mew2 and falcon kirby falcon punch is awesome :p
but the awkward silence after a three stocking with kirby is priceless ;)

Xnightmare

Smash Rookie
I like playing DK because I feel that i've figured away around him.
But i do like playing against fox for the challenge.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I think my favorite matchup is Ganondorf, even though they tend to beat the crap out of me :-). I like the feeling of an uphill battle that doesn't have that feeling of overwhelming futility *coughmarthfoxcough*. DK and Bowser are up there too, I guess I like the big slow types.

Note: I am actually getting pretty proficient at taking down unexpecting Marths (cause there's a whole friggin lot of em in SoCal), but anyone who knows what they're doing with either character? Yeah, it's just nasty.

Top Bottom