• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Matchup?

Azula

Smash Cadet
What is your favorite character matchup in the game and why?

My favorite is Olimar vs MK. The two characters are polar opposites of each other but the only thing they have in common is their gayness, and the matchup ends up being pretty even. With good DI and whistle Olimar can even live to ~180% in this matchup, while on the other hand he can be gimped easily and die early if he isn't careful. Olimar has to play this matchup extremely carefully because the tide can easily turn in MK's favor any second.

I also love Olimar vs Falco because it is challenging but winnable as Olimar if you are patient, because Olimar has more killing power and tends to outlive Falco in the matchup.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy vs Marth, cause it plays very fast paced. It's not a real fair match up, as I tend to win with Diddy more often than not, but still.
Diddy vs Falco is also cool, as you have to be more careful with bananas, and its less campy for both I feel. Both can get around the others projectiles. Lots of comboing to. Diddy has an advantage but a good Falco is fun to play against.
Diddy vs Meta Knight: its fun, cause its Meta Knight and you can **** with him as well as he does with you. Quite even, but gotta watch your steps with this one
DK vs ZSS: zoning

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can't believe no one has said Metaknight dittos yet.

favorite to play? Wolf v Samus because every time samus tries to zair, she gets side-b'd, lol, so you basically force Samus to quit the game because she can't even move without zair.

Favorite to watch? Ness vs Link.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon vs anything.

The guy is always hilarious, he's so ****ing bad there's really no point in not just going in offensively.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK vs Ike is cool to, as both are pretty similar with their long range power attacks. But it gets more fun cause DK is actually faster.

:phone:

Top Bottom