• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Franchise in Smash.

FrozenHero

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering which franchise people like the best. My opinion isn't based on the series the come from but what they bring to Brawl. My favorite franchise is probably the Zelda Franchise, however the Pokemon franchise is a close second.

I think that Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are great characters and bring a lot to the game.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Fire Emblem ftw

Smash Bros is what introduced me to it too, of course.. and I've loved it ever since. My biggest hopefuls are Fire Emblem characters.. Heck, it's a good thing I'm not designing this game.. I'd put like 6 or 7 reps from Fire Emblem. (Marth, Ike, Sigurd, Micaiah, Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, Black Knight, etc)..

I think Micaiah's probably the most likely new character but I still have hope for Sigurd.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Golden Sun :(

The bottom of the list is Pikmin.
Pffffffft. You put that just to annoy the Pikmin fans. :ohwell:

Hmm. I dunno. Smash Bros is lacking in original franchises. ;)

Like Golden Sun.

I guess I like Sonniku, and Zelda. :chuckle:

FrozenHero

Smash Rookie
Another Pikmin hater? Do I beleive my eyes! I think Olimar will be used as much as the Ice Climbers in Brawl, there are to many better characters.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda, followed by Metroid.

Hmm. I'd probably rank it:

1. Zelda
2. Metroid
3. Pokemon
4. DK
5. Starfox
6. Mother
7. Mario

The rest of the franchises I don't particularly care for. Mario is a great series , I just hate the character of Mario, with a passion.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem, Sonic, and Zelda are definitely at the top of the list for me. Although I do like the majority of them (F-Zero, Mother, and the retro series I care little about, but the rest are all good by me).

Zevox

FrozenHero

Smash Rookie
Golden Sun isn't very original, I liked it but it's Final Fanstasy with a few differences.

FrozenHero

Smash Rookie
I think the Ice Climbers should be near the bottom of the list. Sure, they're classic and they've been in one game and all but if they were bad in the past I don't think they deserve to ruin the present.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
The rest of the franchises I don't particularly care for. Mario is a great series , I just hate the character of Mario, with a passion.
I don't get people that hate the character of Mario :ohwell:

Golden Sun isn't very original, I liked it but it's Final Fanstasy with a few differences.
A FEW differences?

I think the main characters not being emos is a HUGE difference.

EDIT: Ice Climber was probably awesome back in the day, heck, I played it for the first time when I unlocked it on VC, I still thought it was pretty good fun, especially in CoOp.

Ice Climber havn't ruined ANYTHING!

Kruton

Smash Ace
I have always loved the main Mario franchise.

And the Metal Gear Solid franchise is also something I often tip my hat off to.

So yeah, Mario and MGS.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pokemon. It's fun to see the charactes fight outside of a turn-by-turn environment. (Pikachu and PKMN Trainer are AWESOME.)

Mario/Metroid/Starfox all tie for second, they have fun characters.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
game and watch utter brilliance. followed by Pokemon, then Kid Icarus.

though i bet everyone else will say zelda.

Tanea

Smash Ace
i love the yoshi series i realize that im one in a million pokemon it's that bad and the mother series they are good ..........yes even the ice climmbers just think of them as a character not just as a game:)

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Pokémon is my all time favorite Nintendo series. Zelda, Metroid and Mario are up there too, but Pokémon is my favorite. I am going to try to main PT, he looks awesome.

knightofsouls

Smash Cadet
List of overall favorites that I feel contribute the most to Brawl

1:Mario, because hes the gaming icon that started it all, with lots of representatives and many Mario specific items.

2: Pokemon, because they not only have 4+ representatives, but they also brought in Pokeballs one of the items that made the whole Smash Series Famous.

3:Zelda, lots of good characters, almost as much of a legend as Mario himself.

4:Donkeykong, because he really isn't one of my favorite characters and hasn't had a game I considered good since Donkeykong 64.

5:Kirby, cause he is a highly unique character with games I love, eat people then use their powers...awesome.

6:Starfox, although its only real claim to fame is Starfox 64, great concept, contributes a lot to smash.

7:Metroid, Because I never really gave it a chance and never played one of the games for more then an hour.

8:Fire Emblem, it really contributed a lot less than Metriod, although I have grown to enjoy the fire emblem games, Metriod has seniority and much more representation in the gaming community.

The rest all have only 1 character and didn't contribute much to Brawl, but are none the less great games.

Overall my Favorite Franchise is Pokemon, because it is really its own kind of game, an rpg with lovable characters... hate pikachu to death tho.

Mario Contributed the most to Smash.

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem, especially if tey bring in some new FE characters from Path of radiance or radiant dawn.
=2007=

Top Bottom