• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Favorite fighting game other than Smash?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So a lot of people who don’t like fighting games in general really like Smash, but there are also people who love Smash who love other fighting games

What’s your favorite fighting game other than Smash (let’s leave platform fighters out because it’s obvious why Smash fans like them) and why?

Personally I love Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 almost as much as Smash. I love how fast it is and although there are a lot of inputs the combos are easy to perform and it’s just so unique and fast paced. It’s everything I want in a fighting game that isn’t Smash. Plus I’m a huge Marvel fan and I guess I’m just a sucker for crossover fighting games. What about you guys? Do you like other fighting games at all or just Smash?

D

Deleted member

My favorites are mortal kombat and killer instinct

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the pinnacle of fighting games (sorry 3rd Strike fanboys). It’s the SSBU of MvC, having the largest roster ever in a Capcom fighting game. It also has a high-octane 3v3 battle system that will leave you on the edge of your seat. MvC2 has had an impactful legacy in the fgc and esports as a whole, spawning legendary moments and events like Justin Wong’s comeback over Yipes, Clockw0rk and Neo’s money match, the recent Battle of the Strongest 2 tournament, and of course, the infamous “Mahvel baybee!” video. No other game comes close to having as much hype, skill, and spirit as this gem.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Gundam Battle Assault 2 is the best worst fighting game of all time. That game was so perfectly imbalanced that you either loved it or got sick of Buster Rifle and gave up after 5 minutes.

I’ve also enjoyed Soul Calibur (SC2 is the best SC game don’t @ me), Bloody Roar (rip), Mortal Kombat, and MVC3. But I’m by no means any good at them, I just used to find the most broken tactics I could and beat up my friends with them.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
King of Fighters, specifically 2002 UM and XIII.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Currently: Street Fighter V.

Nostalgically: Street Fighter Alpha 3, SSFIV, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Mortal Kombat 9/X, Injustice, The Last Blade 2, Dragonball Z: Burst Limit, Soul Calibur 2 and Gundam Wing Endless Duel, the Japan-only SNES Gundam Wing game that surprisingly wasn't bad and had a killer soundtrack.

Also:
Gundam Battle Assault 2 is the best worst fighting game of all time. That game was so perfectly imbalanced that you either loved it or got sick of Buster Rifle and gave up after 5 minutes.
You wanna be friends and hang out and stuff?

Last edited:

ArcticKat

Smash Rookie
I put a lot of time into Dissidia Final Fantasy several years ago. I still play it once in a blue moon.
If that game doesn’t count, then maybe my favorite fighting game was one of the Sailor Moon Super Nintenedo games.
(I’m not big on fighting games.)

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is the pinnacle of fighting games (sorry 3rd Strike fanboys). It’s the SSBU of MvC, having the largest roster ever in a Capcom fighting game. It also has a high-octane 3v3 battle system that will leave you on the edge of your seat. MvC2 has had an impactful legacy in the fgc and esports as a whole, spawning legendary moments and events like Justin Wong’s comeback over Yipes, Clockw0rk and Neo’s money match, the recent Battle of the Strongest 2 tournament, and of course, the infamous “Mahvel baybee!” video. No other game comes close to having as much hype, skill, and spirit as this gem.
I liked 3 better than 2 but 2 is probably objectively the better game. They’re both phenomenal though

For a guilty pleasure I’ll go with the Def Jam series

Top Bottom