• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Fighter?

SmashGamer1998

Smash Rookie
NNID
AweMega
I am currently making a survey on Favorite SSB4 Fighters that is very difficult to to with other sites. I would feel so thankful if you could post your choice and a little explanation why.

My choice would have to be Lucario. The first Pokemon game I ever played was diamond and Lucario was my original favorite gen 4 Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Hello and welcome to the Smashboards! Please avoid double posting, as the mods don't like it, but seeing as you're new here, they'll probably let it slide for now.

My favourite is Lucina, you might've guessed that since my entire theme is Lucina. This might be the 4th or 5th time I'm describing this on this forum, but basically, I started using Lucina to parody my best friend who used Marth. I'd do corny jokes like "Girl Marth", "Waifu Marth" and the sorts. I didn't actually care for her back then for anything but that. But as time went on, I started to legit like her, and I looked more into her personality, and before I noticed, I was hooked.

ShulkMonadoBoi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luigi_The_Jumper
3DS FC
1289-9400-8598
My favorite character is Mario because the F.L.U.D.D sprays "salt" water if you know what I mean.

It's not Shulk despite me having my profile picture and username be based off him.

JackyT

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackyturbo
Originally my fav was Ganon in Melee. Captain Falcon has grown on me a lot in Smash 4 though.

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
Samus. shes so much fun and she needs more attention.

plus im a hipster

The Butt Rumbler

Smash Rookie
Samus.

Grew up playing the Metroid Prime series. I love how stylish you can get with Samus and her combo game. That and it feels so satisfying to me whenever I land a dair spike for the KO or a Charge Shot set-up for the KO, or even better feeling to me, a shield break.

Last edited:

BmR

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheSJL
Link originally, because I was madly obsessed with The Legend of Zelda games way back when Smash 64 came out.

After that I don't really have a favourite anymore...

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Lets see... Play-style wise, I've adapted to the defensive and spacing play style and I do find Marth's tipper gimmick interesting. There's also Shulk with his versatility with the Monado Arts, which are fun to utilize. There's also Ryu, as I am always interested in Street Fighter.

First it was Link since he was the only one I liked in Melee. Still missing his OoT voice actor.

But of course, my most favorite is my main since day one. Played Awakening, and admired her strong and driven personality. The fact that her strength is equally spread through her Falchion means I can balance in fighting offensively and defensively, which adds to my favor.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
:4tlink::4sheik:, and (especially) :4mario:/:4luigi:/:4sonic:/:4peach:/:4bowser:/:4bowserjr:.

Toon Link is such a funny character, in wind waker and in smash! Even at serious moments in WW, I had to take a break just to laugh at the way he screams or his facial expressions :laugh:

I honestly don't know much about Sheik (or the legend of zelda series in general, besides Wind Waker HD/Triforce Heroes), but that will probably change soon. Besides the stressfullness of trying to get a kill, I like everything about her (she's also adorable, like tink!)

Finally, I grew up with Mario and Sonic games. They were the two things that initially got me into smash, and sonic rush was the first game I (ever) played. This, and Super Mario Sunshine are still my 2 favorite games (outside of smash, of course :)), and both of these franchises will always hold a special place in my heart.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
Lucina is my favorite; love her personality.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
:4marth: He just looks so cool in Smash 4, it's my favorite design of his by far. My favorite of all the FE characters, too. I love how satisfying it feels to land his tippered attacks.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
:4mario:

Love his games, love the character. Mario is my man! I'm a Mario loyalist, meaning I've mained him in every Smash game. He'll always matter so much to me. I know that some people say he's simple or that he's too easy, etc but I love him with all my heart and that's all that matters.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Roy. Roy is a really fun character who is both very active and relies on you being very versatile with switching up his variety of combos and strings according to the situation. Plus I just really like his aesthetics, along with having the coolest sword ever.

NDS-Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowMetalMario
3DS FC
1633-4789-4746
My favorite is Mewtwo, by his combos, and he's in the lighier category. Also Mewtwo if in my top 10 favorite Pokemon, and my main in Pokken Tournament.

Last edited:

SmashGamer1998

Smash Rookie
NNID
AweMega
I would like to revise my decision

:4pit: He was my favorite in Brawl, and I am determined to by Kid Icarus Uprising.

:4lucario:Again, the first Pokemon game I ever played was Diamond and Lucario was my original favorite gen 4 Pokemon.

:4mii: The extremely huge customization of the Mii Fighters and how I can put myself or others in Smash is amazing.

:4sonic: :4megaman: I have a hard time explaining why i like these two, but I do nonetheless.
I like all of these characters for the most part equally

Mains::4mii::4lucario::4pit::4megaman::4sonic::4wario:

Secondaries::4pikachu::4pacman::4kirby::4greninja::4lucas:

Practicing::4cloud::4yoshi::4fox:

Last edited:

IceThatsCool

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1907-9632-2400
:4lucas: because of the magical magics, and I just love using him. Also, my only main with reliable projectiles. Isn't that right you two? :4dedede::4wario2:

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
Its between :4falco: and :4samus: for me

:4samus:: because she is just so much fun to mess around with

:4falco:: I main him and because getting KOs with Falco feel soooo satisfying

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
There are a lot of characters I like, but I suppose my favorite is Ness. His aerials are great (aside from dair), his tilts aren't too bad, his dash is pretty good, and more importantly, his combos from grabs are great. PK Thunder is a great projectile, PK Fire can be used to punish really hard, and his down-B can be used to heal against most projectile users. Oh, and did I mention he has potentially the best kill throw in the game? If I could change two things I'd make his smash attacks better (f-smash is punishable, u-smash and d-smash don't kill that well). I'd also do something about PK Flash, perhaps replace it with a new ability. Anyway, Ness is a lot of fun to play and a solid character overall.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
If we're talking about in terms of play style in Smash, I have to go with :4littlemac:. He's such an underrated character, and I've performed so well with him, even winning some tournaments as Little Mac. People brush him off because of his poor air game, but he's fast, and he hits like a freight train.

If we're talking about characters in general, counting the games in which they originate from, then I have to go with :4luigi:. No other character can top Luigi in sheer greatness. He is, in my opinion, the best video game character of all time. I'm just not good with him in smash.

moeltA

Smash Rookie
Sonic is my main because I like his quick,aggressive playstyle and he has amazing smash attacks

Arthur97

Smash Master
Hmm, so many to choose from.
I'm really not sure if I can pick just one.

C3CC

Smash Lord
:4mewtwo:. His playstyle just clicks with me. It feels so natural sometimes I feel I was the one who designed him.

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
Captain Falcon by far. Satisfying character to play and he is basically the king of style.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
:4palutena:
She's everything I wanted in a character (Mostly everything I feel her counter could be a bit better as well as her f-tilt)

I love a character who has an answer to most approaches. Reflects, even though it's not that great I do enjoy her counter when it DOES work, her air game is amazing, and she has quite the KO power. I've always enjoyed her since day 1 of Smash on the 3DS and I still enjoy using her on the Wii U version.

cpm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cpm001
3DS FC
0705-4380-2066
Switch FC
sw-0519-8110-5525
peach because she can counter attack with toad.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
There are a lot of characters I like in Smash, such as the characters I like playing as shown in my signature but my number one favorite fighter is definitely :rosalina: only because Super Mario Galaxy was such an amazing game and I really like her as a character.

Emmington

Smash Cadet
:4darkpit: Look at me. I'm a total loser. But he's indeed my favorite. I've never played the game he's in, but I like his attacks and his recovery.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
:4ganondorf: First of all, Ganondorf is one of my favourite vilain of all time and every time I land a fair, dair or a Ganoncide, I feel so satisfied!

:4cloud2:He is so fun to play as and quite balanced too. He's fast and his moves are pretty strong but his recovery is bad (without counting its Limit Break version) and his throws are not that great.

:4link: Like Ganondorf, Link is one of my favourite characters. Even though he is slow, I like how he plays and think it (his playstyle in this game) really fits him.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
My favorite is my main, Pit. Smash is my favorite game series of all time, and Pit is pretty much the typical character. He has a projectile, a rush attack, a move to use against an opponent's attack, and a simple recovery, and is average in weight, speed and power. Plus his design is so cool with wings and a sword/bow combo.

I played Uprising after Brawl and loved how expressive he was as a character, He had tons more personality than my childhood icons like Link and Mario, and his mix of acting cool and dorky made me like him even more.

I played around with a couple characters when 3DS came out, but Pit felt right when I used him on Wii U. It was an added bonus that he was also my favorite Nintendo character by that point.

I wonder how many people do not have their mains as their favorite character? That would be interesting to find out.

Juapac87

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm alone here, but I main Luigi all day. I love his over all balance and versatility. Not exactly great at many things but not exactly bad at anything either. Go Team Luigi!!!

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
:4wario::4dedede:

These are the only 2 characters whose playstyle has clicked with me perfectly. It just frustrates me that neither of them are high or top tier. I wish they were better.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
The Blue Bomber. Have always been a big Mega Man fan and like that he has unique custom moves. Danger Wrap for the win.

Darkest_

Smash Rookie
:pit: and :darkpit: . I just love them. They are all around average, along with Mario (who is another one of my favorites). They are fairly strong, have decent speed, a great projectile, solid neutral, have a reflector, are brilliant in the air, brilliant at recovering and have some pretty decent kill power. They may not have a glaring strength, but they also have no glaring weaknesses. Both are my mains, because if you can play one you can play the other. I depends on my mood. In a tourney (not online tourneys) I'll usually start with Dark Pit, because of the side-b. If they're playing characters with difficult-to-challenge recoveries like Sheik, Meta Knight or ZSS, I'll stick with Dark Pit. If the character is lighter or has an easy-to-gimp recovery, I'll go to Pit because if you can master Pit's neutral-b, you have a godlike edge-guarding tool at your fingertips.

I prefer Pit more than Dark Pit, mainly because of his neutral-b even though Dark Pit has a far superior side-b, but they are both my favorite characters.

Top Bottom