• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

favorite fair meteor setup

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
okay im sure all mario mainers love and abuse the fair cuz it's just so awesome but I'm curious as to whats your favorite way to set it up? do you like fairing them on a recovery in general? fludd angled up->to Fair? weak fair->to fair meteor? cape-> to Fair?
well I experianced the amazingly AMAZING nair->to Fair meteor a couple days ago and OMFG IT IS PWNAGE! seriously your mario has'nt lived until you pull that off in a match,it just crushes you opponents soul...OMG I CAN'T GET OVER IT!!!:laugh:

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
multiple uair combo into a fair makes me happy....

double fair, with the first fair being horizontal and the last a meteor, owns tooo.

dtilt to fair is smmmmexxxxy....

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
i do the neutral A 2 times then f tilt to knock them off then cape glide and their right there beneath you for the fair. doesn't always work all the time. but when it does its nice.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
lmao envy that was the first time I ever saw a double fair
hmm I have'nt actually done most of the fair meteors listed here o.O,they all sound really good too I got to try'em
well except boss' post,my brain would cave in on it self >.<
oh and has any one actually mastered the cape glide yet? I'm able to do it sometimes but when I need to pull it of I never do,I always do it by mistake :D ,(lmao no one uses 'ace' any more)ACE->to fair now that sounds great
I know mario does'nt have the best meteor in the game but it can be strung together in such a fancy manor and it looks so cool,it's really the only meteor I know the chrushes my friends spirit (literly they don't wana play anymore XD...or play against mario atleast)
to above post:yes it's so simple...yet so satysfying,mario's Fair is a beast,cuz it hurts your opponent emotionaly....XD

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Just running out of the ledge and doing Fair, kamikaze-style... it´s just so satisfying...
If you run/walk off and straight out Fair, you can still survive, so not kamikaze-status. I do that all the time, it's my favourate thing to do with Mario, even more so when it's linked together with a ledge canceled aerial :]

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
True, but it´s even more amazing when you do it with last stock and fastfall your fair to spike them dead just before falling dead yourself... only that it´s not so funny when you miss it...

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Mario has the weakest spike in the game though... so they'll most likely survive/hit you with their up+b, killing you before they die, happend to me a few times ><

I'm a tourny player, so I wouldn't risk it, but on friendlies, sure :]

Top Bottom