• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Clones and why

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
:4drmario: I like that he retains Mario's melee moveset which was a lot better imho. Also Doctor puns are fun to yell when you're playing.

:4lucina: I like that she's a little easier than Marth since she hits with the whole sword rather than having a single sweet spot. I am a scrub.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
:4lucina: Pretty, cocky trashtalker ("and they call YOU the Radiant Hero?", some of her DLC lines in Awakening are really "oh snap!" worthy too), blade boxer Marth. What's not to love?

TheUsualSuspect

Smash Rookie
Title is self-explanatory

1.) :4falco:, Fox is one of my mains and I like his reflector

2.) :4lucina:, The blade damage and she is cute asf

3.):4tlink: Fast, like REALLY FAST, and has a better recovery compared to regular link
I agree with young link, i always kinda wish his taunt with the milk recovered a bit of health because of how long it was to finish...

Kirisamee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-3757-2156
I really like Dark Pit. I like the Electroshock Arm over Upperdash, and I also like his appearance and taunts.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4drmario:Because he's as far as you can get from being a clone, while still being a clone. He shares the animations, but all his moves have different functions from that of Mario. Plus, he's Dr. ****ing Mario, it's scientifically impossible not to like him!

YorkTC

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario, because getting an MD makes you slow and gives you the ability to spin.

haydyn

Smash Cadet
:drmario: was my main in melee because i preferred a slower but stronger Mario than a fast and weaker one.
:ganondorfmelee: helped so much in the trophy tussle stages on event mode and felt amazing when you landed a warlock punch.

Holla@ChaBoi390

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5100-6686
I'm honestly surprised with the amount of Dr. Mario love. I mained him and melee and my first impression of him in Smash 4 was that he was ******* horrible. However I went back to maining him and actually love his changes now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
:4lucina::roypm: - I have a thing for Marth, and I love his fighting style, those these two were easy to pick up for me with some tweaks

:pichumelee: - For ****s and giggles

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Dr. Mario: For some reason, I just think that a doctor in scrubs dunking on your head is the best thing. It's absurd, and it makes Mario a bit more appealing.

Lucina: She's a cutie pie. The scene in Awakening when she reveals her true identity to her dad... i cri evrytiem

I feel like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco aren't even clones anymore. They've come into their own, I feel. Toon Link is still a "Melee Luigi" clone, but I feel like there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
Dr. Mario: For some reason, I just think that a doctor in scrubs dunking on your head is the best thing. It's absurd, and it makes Mario a bit more appealing.

Lucina: She's a cutie pie. The scene in Awakening when she reveals her true identity to her dad... i cri evrytiem

I feel like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco aren't even clones anymore. They've come into their own, I feel. Toon Link is still a "Melee Luigi" clone, but I feel like there's still a lot of untapped potential there.
I agree!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As I tend to play as all characters overall in any Smash Bros., I tend to like clones as well. Of course, I do have some favorites.

:4ganondorf: - My most used character. The King of Evil himself. The brutality he displays in his moves. All amazingly glorious.
:4lucina: - Liked her a lot in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Such a strong and determined character that positively contrasts with the other female characters.
:4darkpit: - One of my most wanted characters for this game, so it's obvious I'm happy he's in.
:4drmario: - I like the idea that they based him off from his Melee incarnation which contrasts well with how Mario has been since Brawl with FLUDD. In a way, we got old Mario back.
:4tlink: - Wind Waker is amazing. My first Zelda game too, so playing as Toon Link is like a nostalgia trip. I like his play style as well.

:roymelee:so much nostalgia. Mained him oh so very long ago

As for the clone trio i like all of them more than their original counterparts but unfortunately they are also inferior. :/

:4darkpit: is my favorite of the 3 because i like his character more in uprising and his theme and taunts are cooler. Plus i have uprising bias

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Throughout the entire Smash series, mine favourite clones would have to be Lucas and Lucina.

I really like how Lucina, unlike Marth and Roy, has her power evened out along the blade. I always struggled with Roy because he could only really hurt people with the centre of his blade.

I actually liked Lucas better than Ness, (1) because his PK Thunder went through opponents if it collided with them, making it a MUCH more reliable recovery move, and (2) he had a tether recovery. Also loved his neutral air and up-smash. I think Lucas would have been a great character in Smash 4; I was really sad to see him go, even though I was expecting him to be cut.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toon Link obviously is my number one and I'm still very happy that he returned to Smash 4. I like him far more than the other Link as both in terms of playstyle and character. (Wind Waker is my most favourite Zelda game of all time so yeah.)

I also see myself enjoying Lucina quite a bit and if he counts, Wolf was my favourite out of the Starfox characters back in Brawl. I hope he comes back as DLC.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
:4tlink:, because I like him as a character. The cute child version of Link who I came to love because of Wind Waker and Minish Cap.

:4drmario:, because he kept his Melee moveset, and Dr. Mario and 64 is one of my favourite games.

:4falco:, because I just find him plain fun to play.

:231:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:lucas:The main reason I started playing him was because of SSE. I never looked back and loved playing him throughout Brawl's life and was the only cut I missed coming into Smash 4.

:4darkpit: Dark Pit's my second favorite character in Uprising (behind Hades and ahead of Pit) and I love how he actually has a personality compared to Nintendo's other Dark Hero personas like Shadow Mario and Dark Link. I prefer him over the original angel because, unlike Pit, he wasn't born to be naturally good or naturally evil in part of being an incomplete clone and thus chose to become neutral throughout most of the game until finally siding with his counterpart in the end. In Smash 4 he's my preferred all-around character.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
:younglinkmelee:- My main from Melee
:pichumelee:- He's was a heck-a-fun to use (should've been DLC instead of Mewtwo)
:roymelee:- better than Marth in every way. Plus, fire.
:4darkpit:- one of my most wanted characters and one of my favs from Uprising. Electroshock Arm is awesome.
I would put :4tlink::4luigi:& :lucas: but they're not clones.
Clones I hate:
:4lucina:- never liked her in Awakening and didn't want her anywhere near Smash Bros.
:4ganondorf:- slow Falcon. 'nuff said.

Top Bottom