• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Favorite anime? Hmmm, I would have to say

Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Inuyasha
Evangelion
Nadesico
DBZ
Megaman NT warrior( ****ed translators, changing character names!! :mad: :mad:, Plus, I can't even watch it up here in Alaska! )
Excel Saga

Thats about it, nothing much.:chuckle:

Titanium-FiRe

Smash Journeyman
wow favorite anime. they're all my favorites. hmmm

naruto 1st
hunter x hunter tied with first
spiral probably second cuz only gots 25 episodes
cowboy bebop
gundam wing
ovas for rk and jus to tell all of you kenshin is not a Samurai so the idiotic people who named it Samurai X are really stupid.
inuyasha and fruits basket(furuba) is okay

Johnny5

Smash Cadet
My fav anime has to be Trigun hands down and what Titanium-FiRe said about kenshin not being a samurai now that I think about it your right

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
My friend *cough* blueobsidian *cough* got into naruto so i started watching it also. But now im stuck because i have already watched all of the episodes that are currently out and it airs weekly in japan. And that is too long since patience is a virtue I cant wait for. Now I am suddenly disgusted by dragonball Z after seeing all of those other animes.... And oh yeah , I'm also wacthing gundam seed now too. *YaY*

Kakashi is so cool...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
what? no it doesn't. it airs weekly, every wed in japan. most subbing groups have it finished up by friday/saturday for the quick fix. the really good groups take a while longer (like, weeks/months), but that's the stuff you would burn onto a cd and save for later.

oh, and i love haku. [sniff] why'd he have to die?

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kakashi....? HAKU..?!!?!
ROCK LEE IS THE MAN!!!!
URA RENGE!!!

THE ONLY ONE CAPABLE OF HAVING MORE COOLNESS THAN ROCK LEE IS SHIKAMARU!!!

Naruto is the best anime ever....

But yeah...waiting a week is such a troublesome thing..

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I haven't seen much anime at all, but from what i've seen

Berserk - I've seen the first 3 DVDs of this series and it is VERY awesome. If you're into medievil stories with lots of violence (and even more blood) with a good plot, then you should definetley look into watching these.

Akira - Good f'n movie, still very confusing, but that's part of what makes it so good.

I've also seen the begining and ending of Ghost in the Shell, I fell asleep in the middle (Not because of the movie, I was really tired)

I've also seen 4 episodes or Noir, and I can say that it wasn't very impressive, the story is pretty weak after the main characters initial meeting. My friends say that it gets better as the series goes on, so I might look into seeing more of it.

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Berserk was indeed awesome, but the end leaves you confused as heck...it just comes outta nowhere..

*McFox EDIT* Joshu, when posting a one-line reply, don't post your sig.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
My favorite animes are:
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Inyuyasha
Yu Yu Hakashu
Trigun
Zoids
These are about it. Although it gets annoying when they start the episodes back over to the start.Again and again.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
You must love the cartoon network.

Have you tried any other series, besides the ones on cartoon network? Most movie rental places have an anime section now, and if you like anime I would hope you have friends who like anime. Mabey they have some you could borrow.:chuckle: :D :chuckle: :D :chuckle: :D

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Well see my freinds I have around my area don't really watch anime or own any. So I'm kind of the only person I know who watches them and to rent any I would have to go out of my town to Greenville. Which my mom only goes about twice a week. Anyway Thanks for the advice dawg.
Holla Back!!:D

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if you have your own computer (or if your parents don't mind you d/ling gigs of anime on the family one) and a broadband connection of some sort, go to animesuki.com, get bittorrent, look in the series section of animesuki and look for stuff that seems good. naruto is real good. a recent one that i'm liking alot is fullmetal alchemist and battle programmer shirase is pretty funny (albeit short...) man... there's so much unlicensed stuff out there that's good...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
you're having trouble with bittorrent? when i first got it, it worked right away once i d/led it. all you have to do after you d/l it is click on the series you want, find the eps you want, then tell the program where to save them then, voila, anime.

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
I have bittorent, but I can't find the anime I want... Does anyone know a site other then animesuki that has anime bittorent files? I want to finish downloading Gundam seed.

This is all because most people who use kazaa don't know that aol has no purpose in life...

Must finish downloading...:crazy:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
gundam seed's been licensed, buddy. you aren't going to find it on any of the popular sites that link to other bittorrents (i.e. animesuki and gotwoot.) you'll have to try either imesh, kazaa, or just the good ole fashioned wait til it's released.

BlueObsidian

Smash Journeyman
Kazaa should be working...I was getting 200 kb/s for Gundam Seed on all 50 episodes. It's a great show, I advise all anime fans to at least try it. Oh, and you can try and find a couple episdes on suprnova.org.

In addition, using Shadow's Experimental Client for Bittorent downloads may help your speeds, and I believe a new version was released recently. You will most likely be able to find the site through a brief search on Google or Yahoo.

And my favorite anime/manga is probably Naruto at the moment, I have the 54th episode (subbed) downloading on BT right now, and I've read 186 chapters of the manga. If you like anime at all, I reccomend you get some sort of Bittorrent or IRC client and download the episodes and the manga as soon as possible.

kazooiemon

Smash Cadet
O_O :cry: :rotfl: Okay, I'm done now. Now can say.....What the **** is the matter with you guys? Okay, I've seen Naruto many times, which is good. However, One Piece is definietly undermentioned. Now, before I get to this next part here, you should all know anime is practically my life. So please, please, excuse all all the stars you are about the see. Now, one anime I didn't see is Shaman King.But that isn't your fault. You see: DBZ, Shaman King, bothwere victims....they were liscensed under 4kids, the ****ing ********. I meant, what the ****? No! You don't dothat to good anime. Download a sub, and then watch whats on Fox at 10 in the morning. You'll see why I'm getting so very upset.

Also, no one's mentioned Peacemaker, Gilgamesh, Haibane Reimei, Excel Saga, Now and then (Here and there),Spiral~Suiri no Kizuna, or Fruity Baskets. That last one may not appeal, but they're all the some of the best anime out there. Give them a whirl. Personally, my absolute favorites are Spiral, Naruto, One Piece, Shaman King, and Fruity Baskets. All of them are really good, but most can only be downloaded on eMule2000 and Kazaa. Try em out.

Again, please excuse me, but what they did to Shaman King was unforgivable. They turned the one of the best into one of the worst, just like they did with Digimon, DBZ, and Beyblade. All of them are great when subbed....but 4Kids ruined them. Maybe I should start a petition....

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fruity baskets? I know a 'Fruits Basket' so I'm presuming they're the same thing? If it is, I love that anime, watched the whole thing and trying to find some of the manga ^^
Now and Then Here and there isn't really to my tastes, but it was an interesting one to watch.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go give Aquarian Age a whirl ^^

darkknight

Smash Cadet
the animes X and naruto are by far the greatest animes i have seen they have a good combonation of a very indeep story line
char personalitys and acction

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
4kids does make animes toned way down annd very child appropriate. Many people may not like this. I don't like most of the shows produced by 4kids, but without them many people would've never been exposed to anime on network channels. So, 4kids has kiddy shows, but they pushed anime a bit more into the mainstream, which may or may not be a good thing.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
kazooiemon, i've been watching gilgamesh. it looks intersting, but that's only because i'm intrigued by post-appocolyptic type animes. the whole thing, for better or worse, reminds of x. i don't know if they're sorta reverse engineering the series and changing things up or what because it's only in the second ep as of now, but i can see alot of potential backstory that looks very intersting. my only real complaint is that it seems like the series tries too hard to look goth...

kazooiemon

Smash Cadet
Meh, most post-apocalyptic animes don't get me either. Gilgamesh is pretty much the only exception. Still, not one of the best, I think. It's just that many don't know about it since It's so new, I guess.

Fury

Smash Apprentice
Naruto
This is seriously the best anime I have ever seen. Not saying ive seen alot of anime but anyone who watchs anime needs to see this anime. You can download episodes at www.narutofan.com
so check it out.

Other:

Db's
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
G Gundam
Gundam Seed
Full Metal Alchmist
and Yu Yu Hakosho or however u spell it

Vocal

Smash Apprentice
www.boxtorrents.com has every anime you'd ever want

my suggestions:
Scrapped Princess
Azumanga Daioh
Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Scryed
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
and a bajillion others...and...

If you can stand not-cookie-cutter anime and want to try something really new, weird, kind of sappy yet awesome yet sad as ****, try:

Saikano

Brilliant. See what animenfo has to say about it at:
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,934,lyvgvq,saikano.html
but don't be scared away by the description. IM me at aherdofpenguins if you decide to watch it please.

LinkMaster12

Smash Journeyman
Anime Lover

Yu Yu Hakusho

Inuasha

Cowboy Bebop

Chobits

Ruroni Kension

Ronma 1/2

And i think Teen Titans is part anime

Edit:

Orphen

Wolf's Rain

Vocal

Smash Apprentice
I've actually only seen the first 4 episodes of scryed but it seems pretty sweet so far. Listen, just because you were right about scrapped princess being totally sweet doesn't mean you're right about scryed not being totally sweet =(

CORY

wut
BRoomer
dude, scryed is dbz wrapped up in pretty new colors... read the manga if you want to see some good scryed in action. less stupid and more story.

Vocal

Smash Apprentice
wtf? You watch narutoball z, you can't be talking. They get more done in like 4 panels of the manga than they do in an entire episode of naruto.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I've yet to watch the first season of Full Metal Panic. I've watched Full Metal Panic FUmoffu thing, hilarious stuff. Also Mahogony... or something like that. I watch this crap at my friends house anyway, and compared to the old crappy childish anime's i used to watch, these kick ***.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Fumoffu is definetely funnier. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw him shoot the karate club, spray them with a fire extinguisher, then punch them in the nads.

Just because the only other person EVER that I've seen do anything like that is when Harrison Ford shot the whip guy in Raiders. (was it raiders?)

I used to play Tales of Destiny 2 (eternia). ****s, that was so good! Really, on par with FFVII but never recieved the recognition. Although it did get an anime with more episodes than game animes usually get. It wasn't half bad either, except for the plot not moving and the stale this and that.

Vocal

Smash Apprentice
I was a big fan of the rugby episode myself.

Tales of Destiny is pretty awesome, it has an enormous following in japan too (same with suikoden, which is my favorite rpg series).

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Currently I'm hooked on Naruto, I have all 88 episodes plus the many special ones. However it's really a pain that you have to wait a week each tiem you've watched an episode. The fighting scenes are just so great that I rewatch them again all the time

Favorite characters would have to be Gaara and Rock Lee and their fight was nothing but great!

The battle in episode 78 was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Yeah Naruto is great for all those fights. I agree, Gaara vs. Rock Lee was awesome. Ep 78 fight wasn't too bad either, but have you guys read the manga? Later on, it gets a lot more interesting, stronger people versus all of our favorite characters! I can't wait for those episodes to come out.

Top Bottom