• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastfall, Brick or Wiggle?

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Which is better to do to get to the ground while still avoiding/nullifying attacks?

Fastfalling, brick, or wiggle?

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
what do you mean by "wiggle"

brick is TERRIBLE to get to the stage from the air. dont dont dont dont do it.

fast falling with good spacing is your best bet. if youre good, you can try to time a bair on the way down.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
i rarely see good kirbys use brick at all
because its not that good of a move, lol. its use VERY situational, but in its rare openings it has monster priority and kills.

probably the worst idea ever to use it to get back to stage, though. its like saying "here i come, get ready for a free grab combo, guys!"

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Don't use brick to actually hit the stage, but if you get sent reaallllyyy high its the fastest way possible to fall and the sudden stop when you cancel is a very eratic movement that you control. One good strategy for returning is falling below the ledge within about one double jump height cancel stone and double jump as soon as you can.

Besides that just move around them. Personally I prefer to aim for the ledge area so that I can grab it if I want to. Most of kirbys aerials can be used to defend himself as well. If you are going to dair make sure to start it ahead of time. I like to double jump then start a dair towards the end of the momentum of a double jump then fastfall as the dair starts up so that I stay still while the startup lag happens and then I am fastfalling while he drill kicks.

But also what you do depends on what your opponent is doing as well. Just watch and react accordingly.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
most characters are at a disadvantage when they get popped up into the air, but kirby usually is not. Kirby is probably on offense if he is above his opponent, I feel like. You should have no trouble making it back to the ground, except maybe against MK.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Wiggle is when you drift down and wiggle left to right a bunch. It messes with people and makes it harder to hit Kirby.

I use Brick only to punish those who think they can get off stage and recover.

Also, I usually short hop and kick right out of the rock.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I use Stone to Snake when he's Cypher'ing.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
You stone but get out of it before you hit the ground. Fastfall dairs and bairs when low help. Just really depends on who you are playing. Mix it up. I help you with this stuff next time i see you.

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
If I can still see Kirby on the screen, I usually fast fall.

If I'm up really high, I like to brick down, and cancel before hitting the ground. It suckers a lot of people into trying to grab, and leaves them somewhat open for punishment from an aerial, or if you're lucky, a hammer.

I only wiggle on the faster characters, and try to get them to trip.

Also Fury Cutter isn't bad if you're spaced, its projectile a decent distraction.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i use stone all the time against characters who can't own me with their grabs. its all about risk reward. You risk getting grabbed and thrown for like 10 damage in order to get a kill

stone is a beast online though, and it is also a beast in teams

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Wiggle is when you drift down and wiggle left to right a bunch. It messes with people and makes it harder to hit Kirby.

I use Brick only to punish those who think they can get off stage and recover.

Also, I usually short hop and kick right out of the rock.
wiggling is actually when you move the control stick around really fast in order for characters to stop the tumbling animation when they're falling.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
wiggling is actually when you move the control stick around really fast in order for characters to stop the tumbling animation when they're falling.
Technical term or not, we are talking about the same thing.

And yeah, way back up there, not to donkey bong, I was talking to you! Very Nice.

Top Bottom