• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fastest waveshiner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:Shinespike:

Smash Cadet
You don't really see him waveshine but M2K must at least be pretty fast considering how technical he looks.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
When it comes to waveshine speed, PST and Mofo are pretty impressive. Both of them can drillshine infinite, which is not something all Foxes can do, even pro players (remember that this discussion isn't about wether they are good or bad. It's about their technical skill).

Also, props to Zelgadis for beeing able to waveshine up inclines. I'm not acualy sure how many Foxes can do that, but Zel is deffinitly the only one I've ever seen do it in games with that effect.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Up the incline is the easiest...Holding the control stick all the way to the right/left causes a near perfect wavedash, if not perfect.

The video of Lunin shows a nice wall drillshine. Not too much of a regular waveshine. Though that wall drillshine is pretty neat. I can't do that with all consistency yet.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lunin, in the vids added by HylianLord/Zhu has one insanely fast WS in the vid I watched, where the shine is almost undetectable, but the rest is about average. Watch the vid Silent Wolf put up in the "Thunder's combo" thread. He's really fast when he doesn't miss a WS.

and shined blind, although amazing to watch, is collected from years of footage, zelgadis doesn't usually pull off stuff like that. Plus the infinite he pulled was the easiest one there is, and he screwed it up. Lunin, on the other hand, in the vid I watcehd(the second on pokemon stadium) pulls a SHed dair infinite and infinites silentspectre to 250% + and then usmashes him. zel doesn't kill the marth out of the infinite.

i'd say it's a battle between lunin and silent wolf.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Well, you can only waveshine so fast. I think what you really want is the most technical Fox, or the Fox who can most effectively JC Shine wall infinite (a la Perfect Control).

Eggz

Smash Hero
Shined blind isn't impressive at all at this point in the metagame. You guys are ****ing ********. His evolution combos barely even impress me.

Samus DIing toward Fox while waveshining in Shine Blind looks pretty staged to me...

Though you're right about how most combo videos have a lot of bad DI, or could've gotten out of with DI. Not everything in Shine Blind is staged, I know, but DIing towards a waveshine? Come on.
When people arn't very good (IE a year or so ago when shined blind was made) people don't catch onto DI very quickly. You know the "Ken Combo"? AKA several fairs into a dair?

DI away and it doesnt work. Just like waveshining Samus. It takes people a while to catch on initially.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I never knew that about the Fair spike...Cool, thanks for the info.

Well, people who can't see DI well aren't necessarily the best players. Mostly everyone here knows how generic and unimpressive Zelgadis' videos are. He's not that bad though. I mean, better than mine for sure.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Hes a really good fox, but his combos just don't tickle my fancy. He definitly has a better fox than me and maybe better than silent wolf's, but I think Wolf is faster.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yep. He's really good as a player, and everyone should just accept it. He was like in the top 50s or so for one of the OCs where some of Hawaii's dude went. He scored higher than the best of Hawaii(duh, kinda obvious), but still quite impressive since I got owned by the best of Hawaii quite a few times.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I say Zelgadis maybe, hes very good technical fox and a pra at waveshining.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I say Zelgadis maybe, hes very good technical fox and a pra at waveshining.

It's like this person read NOTHING in this thread...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
zelgadis invented waveshining...if it wasn't for him...fox wouldn't be as ***

chillin wins fastest waveshiner, so far, he's the only fox i've heard of able to shine doc across FD consistantly (and you gotta be pretty darn fast to do that)

Don't see how I missed this before.
To clear things up, these are A LOT of Fox players, and people who don't even main Fox that can waveshine frame perfectly without hitting an opponent, and hitting them.
It's actually not a very impressive "feat". Please no more topics like these.
For the record, I can do it frame perfectly either way, not very impressive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom