• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast WoI climb

jambre

Smash Apprentice
Seems like this is probably known, but i couldn't find anything on it so sorry in advance if it is... basically if you do WoI vertically you can achieve the same distance much quicker if you keep changing direction quickly (facing left then right etc.) whilst holding up too giving a quicker recovery.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAci8aQFQ2A

54 seconds in

I've been doing it for some time now, I think it just has the appearance of increasing of elevation faster, but it doesn't actually make you go faster than just going vertically.

Also Demon Wings should only burn out, if you use them, like by Wingdashin or you were already in wings. They should last 4-5 seconds whether you switch directions or not.

Coffee™

I need it....
I've been doing it for some time now, I think it just has the appearance of increasing of elevation faster, but it doesn't actually make you go faster than just going vertically.
It doesn't exactly make you go up faster. It negates the lag you get when initially trying to rise after using WOI which more or less means you will gain elevation faster at the beginning of the WOI which in turn means you'll get slightly higher.

kupo15

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAci8aQFQ2A

54 seconds in

Also Demon Wings should only burn out, if you use them, like by Wingdashin or you were already in wings. They should last 4-5 seconds whether you switch directions or not.
No rogue, I have tested this before and what you did doesn't affect anything. The reason why you moved up faster than chibo is because you used the momentum of your second jump and chibo didnt. Its similar to Snakes recovery

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Wasn't comparing it to Chibo's Recovery, I was using prior knowledge of how fast Wings usually take to climb. I wasn't paying attention to Chibo.

Also Mania You still have your downward elevation at the start whether you change directions or not.
Also I think Andrew is right, that will change your time in Wings

Top Bottom