• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast-Falling

neji49

Smash Cadet
I keep reading to do alot of spike techniques(dair spiking), you have to fast fall. How do you do this. Also I'm having trouble with the chaingrab into spike off the edge. I'm too slow. Would fastfalling help this,thanks.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I keep reading to do alot of spike techniques(dair spiking), you have to fast fall. How do you do this. Also I'm having trouble with the chaingrab into spike off the edge. I'm too slow. Would fastfalling help this,thanks.
To Fastfall simply press down on your controller at the peek of your jump, you will be able to tell if you've done it successfully or not.

For chain-grab to spike, I usually find that fast falling doesn't help unless its against a very heavy character such as bowser, to do it without fastfalling I usually just downthrow, jump right, then dair (takes a bit of getting used to). Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it in no time

neji49

Smash Cadet
Okay, I have another question. I was watching a video of Falco chaingrabbing into a spike(actually, it was your video, Yeniths) and I started to get what you have to do. But it looks like it's possible to airdodge out of the spike. Can you do this, or did it just seem like that because I was watching in slow-mo?

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
To Fastfall simply press down on your controller at the peek of your jump, you will be able to tell if you've done it successfully or not.

For chain-grab to spike, I usually find that fast falling doesn't help unless its against a very heavy character such as bowser, to do it without fastfalling I usually just downthrow, jump right, then dair (takes a bit of getting used to). Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it in no time
Yeah this is correct.

Top Bottom