• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast-fall sourspot f-air tech chase?

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
I was messing around on the lab against Capt. Falcon, and when he's at 83% and up, if you short hop, and fastfall through a fair so that only the initial (weak) kick hits, he is placed in a tech chase situation... I'm finding it's possible to do this sourspot fair, then assuming the tech is missed, you can foxtrot towards him into up-b and it seems like a pretty tight frametrap. Has anyone played around with the weak hit of f-air to any success?

David Viran

Smash Lord
Gotta love Sakurai angles. The first hit of fair actually goes hard as a combo starter. The second hit isn't too bad either.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
First hit of Fair combos to BK at absurd percents on all characters ;)

Like if Nair won't work anymore, bring the Fair and bring the business

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
First hit of Fair combos to BK at absurd percents on all characters ;)

Like if Nair won't work anymore, bring the Fair and bring the business
Good to know; I main regular Samus and have been messing around with ZSS on the side for some time now. This combo into BK only happens after these tech-situations I'm assuming?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It'll actually combo prior to the tech chase scenario at the percents that it's worth going for it

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Ooooh. I'll have a closer look at this sometime this week!

Top Bottom