• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farore's MEANIE Slap?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Has anyone noticed at certain percentages, the first hit of farore's wind knockback can combo into other things, if she graps the ledge?

For example, I was recovering against a Villager on the left side of Dreamland. He was recovering from the same side too.

I recovered low and started FW to recover obviously, but the first hit of FW hit Villager and the knockback shot him straight up, so I grabbed the ledge (canceling FW obviously) and had plenty of time to jump, double jump into bair.

It seems useful to attempt to set this up in certain situations?

Maybe?

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I don't think this is guaranteed so the opponent can airdodge and/or DI properly. I think it'd be more consistent to just hold down so you don't snap to the ledge and hit them with the reappear. Timing is tough but probably a better option under those circumstances.

bou0010

Smash Rookie
NNID
bou0010
3DS FC
2621-2743-4496
While I don't think this is guaranteed, I've done it myself a few times before and I really like it.
I love using dair if they're low enough. It kills really early and come out decently fast

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I wonder if maybe the title should be toned down? @ Katy Parry Katy Parry B**** slap hardly even translates into the style of this.
Nerfs!

***** slap is too OP. Zelda shouldn't be able to ***** slap. She can only meanie slap now.

On somewhat related note, the whole, FW ribbon>ledge grab>dair is basically a slower windfall just not guaranteed but probably still a lot more effective. Further proof that windfall is useless.

Top Bottom