• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmers Fight Results and Shoutouts [June 28, 2014 / College Station, TX]

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much to everyone who made it out to this. This was not only College Station's major debut for hosting a regional tournament, but my debut as well (outside of weeklies). I hope everyone had a great time playing 2 main events and 2 side events, and most importantly being done by 9:00 PM. It can be done!

My shoutouts will be in next post.

Playlist to the event: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH2pxgOx7XCVyCF5UUky0idsqo_IAC7R7

PM Doubles Results (19 Teams)
1: Waterpipe Room (Denti / AeroLink) ($114.00)
2: DFW Gravy Train (DMG / Infinity) ($57.00)
3: Team Collusion (Scuba Steve / Grime) ($19.00)
4: DoinAThang (Shokio / Chandy)
5: Team Furry (Abstract Logic / bec)
5: Round and Squishy (Xican / Blade)
7: Blue **** (Whisky **** / Blue)
7: Queso Blanco (Hammr / Dedz)
9: 2D / Axiom (2D / Axiom)
9: Era 77 (J-Era / 77)
9: Nowhereland Special (Tripp / Darkgun)
9: WAFA (Chnzo / Goofierrez)
13: Corgi (G-Rabbit / Stef)
13: The Horndogs (Parker / Jonathan)
13: Tuxedo Ballers (Wooks / Chico)
13: Zesty Pickles (Sizeable D / Dragonite)
17: Alphas (RyeBread / BB Slugger)
17: Team Pirates of Obese Divinity (Dr. Boson / Nik)
17: Presidents of Secrecy (Evan / H-Town)

PM Singles Results (48 Entrants)

1: Denti ($288.00)
2: Infinity ($144.00)
3: AeroLink ($48.00)

Farmers Fight PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Denti
$240.00
2nd
Infinity
$96.00
3rd
AeroLink
$67.20
4th
Abstract Logic
$43.20
5th
Blondie
$16.80
5th
DMG
$16.80
7th
Sparking Zero
7th
Erasmorpheous
9th
Chandy
9th
Shokio

Ganon Singles (23 Entrants)
1: DMG ($23.00) :ganondorf:
2: Denti :ganondorf:
3: Erasmorpheous :ganondorf:
3: Axiom :ganondorf:
5: Parker :ganondorf:
5: Hazelnut :ganondorf:
5: Sparking Zero :ganondorf:
5: Scuba Steve :ganondorf:
9: Hammr :ganondorf:
9: Nik :ganondorf:
9: Shokio :ganondorf:
9: Wooks :ganondorf:
9: Whiskytits :ganondorf:
9: Darkgun :ganondorf:
9: Dr. Boson :ganondorf:
9: Tripp :ganondorf:
17: Rye Bread :ganondorf:
17: Chico :ganondorf:
17: Dedz :ganondorf:
17: Grime :ganondorf:
17: Sizeable D :ganondorf:
17: Dragonite :ganondorf:
17: G-Rabbit :ganondorf:

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion Victor
AeroLink ($10.00) :buttercup:

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Big shoutouts to the staff at Reveille Ranch for supplying an amazing venue and being so helpful throughout the event. They have treated me well for 5 years now and a few months ago when I was struggling to find a proper venue (College Station is not a gamer friendly place), they took care of me.

Huge shoutout to the best girlfriend in the world, Stef! She made an excellent assistant TO (assistant to the TO) by taking care of all the small details that make an event stand out. From supplying us with a hard drive, to bringing hand soap when the restroom ran out, to going to pick up all the pizza, she made sure that this ran as smoothly as I wanted. We make an excellent team.

Shoutouts to Little Caesar's for having good quality pizza for cheap.

The players I want to shoutout the most; thank you to everyone who had their first tournament this weekend. We are always happy to have new blood in the community and I hope your first experience was a good one. Hope to see many of you around again very soon.

Thank you so much to @ Shokio Shokio and @ Infinitysmash Infinitysmash for helping us run a great stream! It looked very professional and I'm happy you guys could help represent College Station in a positive light.

Thank you to Joseph Glover (axiom) for running the Punch Time Explosion side event. For being the worst game ever made, people seemed really into it, and now everyone wants to explore the Cartoon Network meta.

Shoutouts to @tripp6313 and @Darkgun for coming from Nowhereland to come play with us. Thank you so much for bringing as many setups as you did. It played a large role in making this event run as smoothly as it did. I'm glad we could have some friendlies at the end of the night. You guys are looking as sharp in-game as ever.

Shoutouts to the DFW crew for driving 3+ hours to come visit us in Farmville. You guys performed extraordinarily well as always and it was great to get to know some of you a little better.

Shoutouts to the ATX crew for showing up with numbers! You guys have one of my favorite scenes around and I always have fun when you're around. I'm so happy that you have a regular venue for your weeklies once more. I will definitely be stopping by this week to visit.

Lastly, major shoutout to my home scene of College Station. I've been working hard over the past year to help us evolve into a more competitive community and see what the Smash scene is all about. I'm happy that this event went off so well, and that we might as well be the Cinderella story of Texas Smash scenes. All of you represented our scene with welcoming arms for all of our guests and I couldn't be more proud to be a part of this wonderful scene we've made together. #howdy

Videos will be up this week. I'll put the work in as soon as I can. The playlist will be posted here.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
shoutouts to the way too many marths i fought today god damn lol that is such a hard MU for lucario. surprised i did so well against @ DMG DMG and kind of surprised i beat @Alwaysrockon, good **** to both of you. DMG, i think i could have beaten your fox... got mad tunnel vision. maybe next time.
@ The_Dragonite The_Dragonite it was rad to meet you and glad we got to play, hope to see you in TLOC stream chat this thursday :D
@2D Fighter i'll get you next time. sorry for the salt, that is just a ridiculous and somewhat unknown MU lmao #MUjohns
@ AbstractLogic AbstractLogic man it was so ****ing great to see you again and team with you, good stuff in bracket too.
@ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit GREAT tourney man, ran super efficiently. 9hours for 4 events? good stuff. sucks we had to meet in bracket so early but it was good to play your team again too.

uhh shout outs to everyone else i played, GGs and had a lot of fun at the tourney :) it was sooo nice not to have to run it lol...

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time and it was a great tournament experience! I cant stress how kind you were when I first got into the scene when other werent @ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit , So Austin had to come show love!
@Scuba Steve We are Gahlike in teams, its just a fact
@ Shokio Shokio Its always good to see you, im glad we FINALLY got to play for a bit
@2D Fighter awesome match in bracket, i have no G&W experience and you helped with that
@ DMG DMG Your marth is sick, imma have to watch our match to learn from my mistakes
@ SparkingZero SparkingZero Your match was the best i had, Your ike is amazing. I would love to see you and Rayzorium play
Shout out to everyone i might have missed, ATX ALLL DAYYYYY

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Smoothest tourney ever. You did a bang-up job Garreth. #TopOfTheTOPowerRankings.

@Scuba Steve & @ Grime. Grime. My ATX homies. Always good to see you guys. Me and Chandler will handle ya'll next time lol.
@ Infinitysmash Infinitysmash For letting me use his stream equipment. You really saved us man.
@ SparkingZero SparkingZero My fellow Fire Emblem homie. Good job eliminating me AGAIN. Our matches are always so hype and close. Oh and Ike's broken.
@ CnB | Chandy CnB | Chandy For our 4th place finish in doubles. We were one spot away from winning money. We'll do it next time man.
@Darkgun For a really good match in loser's bracket, and for bringing 50 CRT's.
@tripp6313 You've definitely improved a lot man. Good to see ya and thanks for helping out on commentary.
@ Blondie. Blondie. For doing extreeeeeemely well in singles.
@ AbstractLogic AbstractLogic For finally coming out to attend a tourney lol.
@ DMG DMG I promise you I'm not that terrible. I really wasn't feeling it during our match, but I'm not johnning, because you most likely would've won regardless. Really great Marth.
@Alwaysrockon You've improved a lot man, keep it up!

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
so many dropped frames 8( /whinewhine

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah this was a great tournament in so many aspects. Def in my top 3 most enjoyable experiences, and over the course of idk how many years of tourneys I've attended, that says a lot about this weekend. G-Rabbit OP, and CS is too good.

Also, the Ganon side event was the best thing and I hope the top 4 matches or whatever got recorded

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah the Ganon bracket thinned quickly due to single elim. I hope that event catches on, including the stages part, was very fun!

For everyone that was asking during the event, I used to play Ganon as a serious secondary way back in 2.1 or so, and he's one of my better characters on a good day. I have some Smash friends that are insane with Ganon (Vex for example) and from getting to play with players of the caliber, I picked up even more about the character.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
For those who have been asking me about when the next Farmers Fight will be, I am looking at sometime in September right now. I have a bunch of military commitments coming up and won't have a drill schedule to help me solidify plans until August. After this weekend, I am eager to host again as soon as possible.

SparkingZero

Smash Apprentice
Really smooth tournament i'm so proud to say I'm part of the College Station Smash Scene, big shout outs to @ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit for his super TO skills.

@Ham-R Im not sure if this is actually you but I had a great experience playing your DDD i hadn't played one in forever thanks for that.
@ Grime. Grime. Yeah dude our game was definitely fun. Your Zelda is pretty damn scary lol. Hope to see you again, and yes I will play Rayzorium again
@ Shokio Shokio WHY DO WE KEEP PLAYING?! ITS NOT GOOD FOR ME. Lol nah but really hype games. I'm scared ****less every time bro.
@ AbstractLogic AbstractLogic Bro our game was hype until it got to game 2. Sorry for that by the way, next just take you out next time, lol. Good job though.

Can't forget my random partner @WHISKEYT1TS ! Lol, you saved me a lot of times in doubles and all I did was accidentally F-air you off. lol nah , but good games they were fun.

CSTAT ALL DAY ERRDAY HOLDITDINE TURNUPKTHNX GREAT TOURNEY.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
it was the best to watch. i think denti vs dmg was more hype than grand finals of PM singles lmao

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I really want to enter an all-Ganon side event now.
I think it was the stage selection that made it as grand as it was. All stages on random select turned on. Game 1 is on a random stage. Loser counterpicks as normal, but there are no bans. Needless to say, most counterpicks led to page 2.

I'm working on getting the Top 3 videos for that together. They had a small complication compared to the other videos.

Bazkip

Smash Master
so many dropped frames 8( /whinewhine
Seriously what's up with that, I wanted to watch some of these matches but the stuttering is so atrocious that they're unwatchable.
That needs to be fixed going forwards.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Seriously what's up with that, I wanted to watch some of these matches but the stuttering is so atrocious that they're unwatchable.
That needs to be fixed going forwards.
The person who was handling the stream did not have software that could handle everything. I already have the solution prepared going into the next tournament I host.

Bazkip

Smash Master
The person who was handling the stream did not have software that could handle everything. I already have the solution prepared going into the next tournament I host.
Alright, good to hear.

Though, were the Ganon vids spared, or do they suffer the same fate? :(

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Alright, good to hear.

Though, were the Ganon vids spared, or do they suffer the same fate? :(
They seem alright to me. @ Shokio Shokio is working on getting the Ganon finals up from his Twitch, and I will post that as well as the others in top 3 along with it. I had no idea those videos would be as requested as they've been. Glad to hear people respect The Ganon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom