• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farewell, Sweet Prince.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've decided to drop S onic in favour of P it. He just can't make the cut, you guys. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm really sick of losing to TL and Pikmin. Sorry I couldn't help you as much as I wanted to.

EDIT: **** April Fool's. I try making a post, and SWF goes and messes everything up.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've decided to drop S onic in favour of P it. He just can't make the cut, you guys. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm really sick of losing to TL and Pikmin. Sorry I couldn't help you as much as I wanted to.

EDIT: **** April Fool's. I try making a post, and SWF goes and messes everything up.
So this is an april fools joke or are you serious business right now?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Super cereal. S onic sucks. I'll still probably use him for low tier and all that jazz, since he's fun. He just can't stand up to the better characters. LuCKy uses D3 now. Ask him, if you don't believe me.

EDIT: I picked the worst day ever to post this, didn't I?

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
yes, I dunno I belive that if there's a will there's a way. I haven't written my will yet soo......we'll see, still wamma play ya, even without ur Sonic.

Dashi

Smash Rookie
Interim, will you finally tell us how to do those secret techs for Sonic like increasing the Dsmash and such?

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
I did ask Lucky. He says he was still maining the guy, as well as D3 =P

btw, you may want to change your char profile then if it's not a joke. ;P

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
I still want to believe this is an April Fool's joke.

On the off chance it's not, boourns. I'm predicting a lot of M arth vs P it matchups in the future.

J18

Smash Journeyman
whoa whoa whoa no.
i hope you reconsider this decision, but i guess there's nothing i can do about it

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
True fans will stick with their favorite character no matter what the tier list states. I will still play sonic even if hes at the bottom of the tier list. Look at gimpy, for a good example. He stuck with bowser no matter what, disregarding his position on the tier list and he's ended up one of the best smashers I've seen. Don't get depressed and ditch to another main just because Sonic doesn't have this or that.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm touched, guys. I'm not dropping Sonic, it WAS an April Fool's joke. The joke inherent in it is me dropping him for Pit. **** Palutena's *****, seriously. I love Sonic too much. Worst thing that may happen is me using Diddy in tournaments more once I stop suiciding every 2 seconds with him. XD

Seriously, even if he were the worst character ever, I'd main the blur. Too much love for him.

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
I'm touched, guys. I'm not dropping Sonic, it WAS an April Fool's joke. The joke inherent in it is me dropping him for Pit. **** Palutena's *****, seriously. I love Sonic too much. Worst thing that may happen is me using Diddy in tournaments more once I stop suiciding every 2 seconds with him. XD

Seriously, even if he were the worst character ever, I'd main the blur. Too much love for him.
I never for a second lost my (mis)trust. :p

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman

You had said it was an April Fool's joke before the first response... how did everyone fall for it? Unless I misread the edit. :psycho:

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
It sucks, because of the 3rd Party effect Sonic might not make it into SSB4 (If there is ever going to be one). They won't be able to fix him and he'll always be remembers as low tier. I really hope theirs some sorta breakthrough in the meta-game where Sonic becomes mid-tier. (I don't want him to be high tier because there will be too many fakes playing as him.)

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
Awesome InterimOfZeal. You had me fooled. I still hope to play your Sonic and see how I measure up. Let's try and do that eventually.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It is about time to start looking for serious secondaries.

I'll choose from Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Zelda, Shiek, Pit, Metaknight, Falco, Pkmn Trainer, Ike, Snake, Peach, D3, Lucario, Ness, Bowser, Falcon, or Lucas.

LuCKy

Smash Master
i lol at this thread.........and intermin tryin to do a april fool joke for me???

i dropped sonic for dedede? lol good stuff

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol well the point is im a sonic/daydayday main........working on toon link

and i used ddd more in my last tournament and i got second *dsf is too good* so my sonic might not see as much tourney action for a while

atleast til i can mind game everyone *talking about button mashers* with sonic lol

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I dunno why you have problems with button mashers, LuCKy. Unless it's WFC, Sonic absolutely destroys them. Just get them off the edge once or twice, and watch how they respond to you coming out. After that, gimp, gimp, gimp. They also have a pattern for button mashing, typically.

I'm picking up Diddy. Mah Diddy sucks balls right now, though, so it might be a considerable amount of time before I bust him out in tournament. I'm just doing it so CO can get used to fighting Diddy, though.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I dunno why you have problems with button mashers, LuCKy. Unless it's WFC, Sonic absolutely destroys them. Just get them off the edge once or twice, and watch how they respond to you coming out. After that, gimp, gimp, gimp. They also have a pattern for button mashing, typically.

I'm picking up Diddy. Mah Diddy sucks balls right now, though, so it might be a considerable amount of time before I bust him out in tournament. I'm just doing it so CO can get used to fighting Diddy, though.
How charitable of you.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have trouble with Sonic in no item 1v1 games... he is terrible. I can compete in any other matches (multipe brawlers or items). Sonic has speed and can avoid taking damage. I have played numerous online matches and won because I did not die at all! It is hard to kill Sonic, IMO he may be one of the hardest to kills, problem is Sonic can't KO people very well other then his side smashes and you have to get in their face and hope they don't use shields which is very unlikely. Sometimes the down kicks work well but they can backfire as well if they are in process of doing up smash as you down kick. Using his down b spin and letting him fly around the stage sometimes works well. However, it is best to use him like Jiggs or Metaknight and keep most the attacks in the air. Sonic has great air combat. Anyone else have tips for him, especially 1v1.

LuCKy

Smash Master

i dont like being patient unless i have something to shoot or throw at them lol i mean i know i can win or beat button mashers it's just that it's really boring playing them for me........

at the last two tournaments i went to there was like 40% button mashers/ 50% rolling/side dodging campers/ and like 10% people that were fun to play lol

my point......brawl bores me :ohwell:

Top Bottom