• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fanmade Smashified: Rhythm Troupe Brings A Beating!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smashified has been an incredibly popular series creating art of characters that did not make the Smash 4 roster and giving them a picture in the artstyle of the game. It shouldn't come as a surprise that such a cool project would have its fans, fans enough to make Smashified artwork of their own! Stephan Plant did just this, covering the Rhythm Troupe and made a video to showcase its creation.

To see more of Stephan's work check out his Deviant Art. Hopefully we will see more characters being Smashified so we can all get a glimpse of the dream of having our favorite characters in Smash!

SmashCapps still REALLY wants Harry from Teleroboxer Smashified. To keep him company while he waits for this to happen go follow him on Twitter.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Awesome. Rhythm heaven is my #1 choice for a newcomer.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
FIRST!!!!!!
Yes, you're first to receive a warning/infraction in this comments section ;)

Anyways, this was actually a big surprise! Rhythm Heaven has been under the radar since the Gematsu leak died and the new one was only announced for Japan so it's great to see projects like this that in some way keep it alive!

Last edited:

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
I actually have not heard of [these characters] (Edit) before... I think it would look really cool in Smash 4... Attacks could comprise of shooting music notes, or hitting the opponent with a cymbal or something.

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
smashboards, please stop with the knee jerk reaction clickbait pics.
How is this clickbait? It said "Fanmade Smashified", and it actually happens to be, indeed, a fanmade Smashified picture. What were you expecting?

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea who the characters are... but it looks awesome! Great work.
Hope to see more of this!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

smashboards, please stop with the knee jerk reaction clickbait pics.
Clickbait? The picture is literally what the whole topic is about to begin with. I'd look up what clickbait actually is before talking if I were you.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
How is this clickbait?
the PICTURE is knee jerk reaction clickbait. pictures attached to articles are designed to catch the viewer's eye prior to anything else, and if i do say so myself, it is rather alarming to see a challenger approaching splash screen prior to anything else.
It said "Fanmade Smashified", and it actually happens to be, indeed, a fanmade Smashified picture.
notice how in my original post it says clickbait PICS.
What were you expecting?
welp, seeing as how the picture did exactly what it's supposed to in that it caught my eye prior to the title, i was expecting a new character.

Last edited:

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
I actually have not heard of this character before... I think it would look really cool in Smash 4... Attacks could comprise of shooting music notes, or hitting the opponent with a cymbal or something.
Please don't judge characters (plural!) based off of there appearances or names. There are many things Sakurai and his team could pull from the Rhythm Heaven series, don't dumb it down to hitting people with cymbals.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
Please don't judge characters (plural!) based off of there appearances or names. There are many things Sakurai and his team could pull from the Rhythm Heaven series, don't dumb it down to hitting people with cymbals.
Ok, ok! I wasn't trying to "dumb it down", I was just thinking of how they could attack differently than the rest of the cast.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Well that was uncalled for.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Sew-weet! A good representation of Rhythm Heaven in a smash bros format! When everyone wanted Choir Boys I thought it would be sort of crazy with triple wobbling, but this could actually work out!

Keep up the obscure characters nobody wants but everyone loves!

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why wouldn't it be worth an article? Huh... Anyways, that is pretty cool. Rhythm girl is exactly my ideal choice for a rhythm heaven rep.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
So am I the only one deeply disturbed by how this rhythm girl looks in 3D?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Why wouldn't it be worth an article? Huh... Anyways, that is pretty cool. Rhythm girl is exactly my ideal choice for a rhythm heaven rep.
I'm just not sure why it's any more notable than the other fan Smashified projects out there.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
THIS IS AMAZING.

I know I should expect this sort've article now that Smashified is a thing, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw this on the front page.
Hehe, I made the article happen. :L
Thank you based BluePikmin.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
the PICTURE is knee jerk reaction clickbait. pictures attached to articles are designed to catch the viewer's eye prior to anything else, and if i do say so myself, it is rather alarming to see a challenger approaching splash screen prior to anything else.

notice how in my original post it says clickbait PICS.

welp, seeing as how the picture did exactly what it's supposed to in that it caught my eye prior to the title, i was expecting a new character.
I recommend reading the title before clicking on the article, seeing as how it's before the picture.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't get why people get a knee jerk reaction to the articles that cover Smasify (fan made or official). I think it's painfully obvious from not looking at the title that the picture doesn't indicate that the fighter will be included into the roster.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let the Rhythm Heaven Bandwagons begin!

What, you know that people will start voting for these characters because of that.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm just not sure why it's any more notable than the other fan Smashified projects out there.
A fan popped me this one and it was brand new so I covewred it since it was cool. I can't always find everything, but if someone gives me a neat news tip, I do my best to cover it.

D

Deleted member

Seems like it was just you being disappointed by your pre-emptive judgement on the matter.

FYI, the picture is part of the youtube video itself, ergo it's not sensationalistic nor misrepresentive of the actual topic in this article, neither does it actually have any expense of the quality of the article. Clickbait is exactly that. Sensationalism and misrepresentation at the expense of quality.

You're just too quick to judge something and generalize the whole thing because you were fooled by nothing.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
This looks horrible. They wouldn't render these characters in 3D. They would be 2D Flash animated drawings like they are in the source material.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
This looks horrible. They wouldn't render these characters in 3D. They would be 2D Flash animated drawings like they are in the source material.
if they were to make it they probably would make them 2D like game and watch is but 3D looks just fine as long as it doesn't look weird
@ StabbityJoe StabbityJoe I would prefer the drawn to life character I don't know why but I just would

Last edited:

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
I remember that game! Wasn't the character you drew based off what you drew? There was no default.
That would be awesome.

I like the Smashified pics, because outside of K. Rool or Banjo-Kazooie I don't see why any of them would get in Smash 4, yet it's interesting to see what artstyle Shovel Knight would be in even if he'll never get in.

Also, Drawn to Life was awesome.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I'd love to see Rhythm Heaven get more representation just for more music from it (and because it's characters are suitably wacky).

lelize

Smash Rookie
NNID
KuckFonami
This article kind of gave me an idea of a cool potential mechanic that could be implemented in Smash. Make each of a characters move have a note, and then you could develop combos to compose music.

Top Bottom