• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famous Last Thoughts Before Losing Their Stock

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
The title explains a lot of it so basically someone just posts a character and then the sm4sher's thoughts.

Eg :4littlemac: I heard that side b-ing away from the stage has increased damage output.

TowerLight

Smash Cadet
:4falcon:"I'm gonna jump off the stage and falcon punch this fox to be #Stylish...Wait,you get hit by his up+B when charging? Oh sh-"

KirbCider

Smash Ace
:4samus: "Maybe this 58th Chargeshot will do the trick. It already failed the first 57 times, but what are they gonna do, KO me?"

:4wario2:/:4wario: "Lol it's fine. I'll just use my bike to make it bac-aannnnddddd it's not here. ****"

:4charizard: "It's okay, I can still win! I'll just Flare Blitz them and-... I just pulled a Little Mac... I bet he'd be so proud."

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
:4bowser:The other guy dies first, right?
:4bowserjr:Why does Side-B make me die earlier?
:4mewtwo::4palutena:Wait, since when does Teleport bounce off walls?
:4lucas::4ness:Oh, good, that Rosalina isn't trying to edgeguard me.

:4villager::4villagerf:Side-B is a perfectly acceptable recovery move. Now as long as that Fox doesn't shine...
:4jigglypuff:Why isn't Up-B a recovery move?
or Why does shieldbreak equal instant death? or Yes! I just got a Rest offstage! Oh, wait... (#buffthepuff)
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::4corrin::4corrinf::4greninja::4link::4gaw::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4zss:Okay, lesson learned. Never Dair offstage.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
:4corrin::4corrinf: That guy seems unlikely to know the down-air to jump+Dragon Lunge to the wall combo

:4greninja: But I wanted to use up-BBBBB! (#improve3dscontrols. no really, absolutelv every freaking time the game gets laggy online, the already unreliable Circle Pad goes into full-on troll mode and decides to mess up the inputs to death. )
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2::4zss:Mm, I just did zero-to death him with my up combos, time for an epic showoff... I'll do the "go under final destination loop" trick.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
:4mario: I'm Jumpman, why isn't my recovery better?
:4gaw: Sooo, no game-winning 9, I guess?
:4villager: OK, so I can cut the tree down now and... Dang it, he reflected it.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:4samus:: Things are looking grim. Hopefully my opponent will jump out at me and try to hit me so I could at least try spiking him before that happens. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Pretty much anyone: I left my wallet in the blast zone. Aha!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
:4cloud:: pffft, I've got my limit, I can recover easily........No limit then, guess I gotta stay onstage.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:4robinm:: Blast! My Elwind tome's just about to break! Hopefully, I can make it to the— *Tome breaks* Oh, for the love of Naga....

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
:4greninja:Okay now you are just trolling me (pressing up-B online, and getting ****ing SUBSTITUTE)

Arrei

Smash Lord
Last words, you say? More often than not, I'd say it's this:

"...Sh*t."

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4mario::4falcon::4dk:- "This totally original edgeguarding method can never possibly backfire!"
:4ganondorf::4littlemac:- "If I use Side-B towards the ledge, they'll totally never see it coming!"
:4lucario:- "I sure hope I don't overshoot the ledge with my Up-B again!"
:4pacman:- "Side-B snaps to the ledge, right?"
And, of course, in my case, I just stick with the old-fashioned "F*ck."

KirbCider

Smash Ace
:4ganondorf:
"Lolololol disrespect always wi-*misses Ganoncide* wait, what?! Ganoncides always work!"

:4ness:
/:4lucas:
"PK spam obviously isn't working, but here let me attempt to do it for 5 more matches. There's no way this can backfire again."

:4jigglypuff:
"*Fails Rest* Mistakes were made." (Hardly ever play as Jigglypuff, but this is my exact thought when I attempt it and miss.)

:4bayonetta:
/:4bayonetta2:
When they stick to a wall but cannot get back due to using all their jumps/recovery options already, but still try:

:4dedede:
When I try to go for an Up B spike, fail, and SD: "The risk I took was calculated, but man I am bad at math..."

Last edited:

KeeganKTK

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganKid44
3DS FC
3712-1085-9454
Pretty much everyone's thoughts before getting killed by my :4ganondorf: (or at least I think)

Derp 1: "Ok lemme just stand RIGHT here on the edge of the stage and throw out tilts to edgeguard him. There's no WAY he's getting around this!" *gets Ganoncided*

Derp 2:
"YES! HE MISSED THE UPSMASH! NOW LEMME JUST RUN UP AND PUNIS-" *gets the boot while running up and dies at 69%*

Derp 3: "Ok, so he's spamming Flame Choke. Got me once, I ground attacked. Got me a second time, I rolled forward and he still catches me. How to esca- I KNOW! ROLL BEHIND! HE'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING!" *rolls behind* *gets hard punished with dat elbow*

Derp 4: "He gon fail that recovery. Lemme style dis." *Goes offstage to spike* *gets caught in Dark Dive and dies to a missed-tech*

Derp 5: "Looks like he's using dat Up Tilt... OH, I GOT AN IDEA!" *raises shield* (you guys know what happens next)

Derp 6: "Looks like he's trying to recover... GIMPING TIME!" *jumps offstage to try to land an aerial on my recovery, only to get Ganoncided*

Pretty much anyone: "O **** he hit me. Plsdontdieplsdontdieplsdontdieplsdontdieplsdon-" *dies at 70%*

Routa

Smash Lord
Against *insert character here*

:4miisword:
"I will just recover low just to be safe. Wait... Why is he coming off-stage? Is that... Dair? Oh no... Oh no! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
*gets Dair -> Footstooled*

:4miigun:
"Haha your puny Uair wont kill me haha! Wait... Why am I going downwards and not upwards?"
*gets Uair draged into U-tilt*

:4wario2:
"Hehe he won't be able to hit me when I recover high."
*gets hit by Waft Rocket*

While using *insert character here*

:4mii:/:4miif:
"Should have been in Europe"

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Everybody. Mm, Luigi does not want to edgeguard. I'll just go upwards near the ledge to el make sure I don't miss the ledge.

And. What are Greninja and Mario doing there, sitting near the edge without shooting projectiles? I'll go overshoot the ledge with my Up B to hit them at point blank range.

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Everybody too slow to do anything to stop the 9.0 difficultly Master Hand grab, you all know which two moves follow this. You cheap bas*****. You will see next time you son of ****. I will kill you a million times for all this you as*****!!! We will see who laughs last after they remove this goddamned zero-to-death combo!!!

Jigglypuff on the upper platform of Gaur Plains. Are you kidding? That killed me at 999 percent? It's because he had 36 percent rage I swear to god this game is so braindead. That took no skill whatsoever. All he did was hit me with a Star Punch and I died at 999 because of his stupid 36 percent RAAAGE.
#MaximumOverkill

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Shoulda rolled...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently saw a video of some of the worst mistakes that Smash Bros. players have made. One of which included Fox TKOing himself when he was about to win against Bayonetta.

It really boggles the mind how some people will make mistakes that can "easily" be avoided by staying on the stage, especially when you know that your opponent can't avoid the TKO.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
*overly cocky player*: Maaaaybe taunting him while he still had one stock left and I'm on my last stock and at 70% while he has a fresh one was a bad idea....

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Everybody: What is that Greninja doing Taunting right on my face? This crapface will know who I am! Take this charged Sma-(gets hit by Shadow Sneak).
Bowser, King Dedede and Kirby: Okay, (insert fghter with a powerfull counter here) is right below me. Time for a lethal Down-B (Up-B in the case of DDD) right into his face! Oh wait what is he doing? Aw crap.

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Somebody that never saw a Bomb pull before: Alright, now Peach isat 120% and ready to die, let's see how she can defend from my, combo, we cover the roll and sidestep... What, is she just using down B? What is she thinking? Meh, I am only at 40%, it won't matter...

Top Bottom